3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   New here, starting 2nd week (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/201980-new-here-starting-2nd-week.html)

lookinforsz12 05-16-2010 08:35 AM

New here, starting 2nd week

I just joined but did phase 1 week 1 last week. So happy. Lost 9 lbs since last Monday. Now starting week 2 of phase 1 this week.
Doing some cooking today so I have plenty of good healthy food for the entire week and won't be tempted to be lazy and not do what I need to. I have been reading this board for a week now and all have been so helpful. I may start posting my menus to keep me honest. Didn't do the walking or exercise bicycle as I had planned but will do better the coming week. Thanks for all your help.

Christian 05-16-2010 08:58 AM

:welcome: lookinforsz12!!

I am on day 2 of phase one here and I have to say...you have done amazing!!! (9 pounds!!! ) that is wonderful!!! I hope to have at least 9 gone in the whole 14 days ;) Keep up the great work and I hope to see you here often :D

Lexxiss 05-16-2010 09:53 AM

:wave: and :welcome2: to the beach!

lookinforsz12, posting every day really helps me!

Christian, I see you're no stranger to 3FC! Join us here, too.

Best wishes!

Natalia 05-16-2010 12:23 PM

Hi!
Wow!! 9lb in less than a week? Great job! A Christian said, I am crossing my fingers for even 8lb gone by 2 weeks.

Christian. holy moly. LOL My start weight is also 173 lbs. What a fluke!
I have been on P1 since wednesday and I have lost 3lbs. Now AF has arrived and I am typically a fairly slow loser but am working the plan and hoping for the best!! I am only 5'2" so ultimately would like to get down to maybe 125 and re-asses then. I ws 120 in high school and still felt "fat" but may be partially b/c my best friend then was a size 2. LOL I always felt like a moose beside her.

Christian 05-16-2010 01:39 PM

Natalia- That is so funny about your friend being a size 2 and making you feel fat...my friends were tiny too and I thought I was fat in my size 5's lol, we are very close in weight...we will just have to stick together ;) I am 5'5 so I am wanting to hit 149...but then go on to about 135, isnt it funny how we thought we were heavy when we were so tiny, and I was 200 pounds and felt thin on my wedding day :lol: Well have a great day ladies, I will be joining the daily thread Monday to get to know the others here ;)

cottagebythesea 05-16-2010 01:57 PM

:welcome: to The Beach, lookinforsz12 and Christian!

WaistingTime 05-16-2010 04:29 PM

welcome, welcome to you both:)

SBSuz 05-16-2010 07:21 PM

Welcome to you both! I'm new as well and just started week 2 (this is my second time doing phase one, the first was 2 years ago!)

Good for you for being prepared for the week. I'm kind of flying by the seat of my pants. I had good intentions today... I made phase 1 "pizza" and had planned on having enough left for lunch tomorrow, but DH had other plans for it! So my lunch will probably be a bag of broccoli and cauliflower with a little cheese. (Which is yum but people don't like the smell :D )

I've found exercise in the first two weeks to be more difficult for me... I can tell I lack the energy from the carbs!

Again, welcome, and look forward to hearing from you!

Suz