South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2010, 12:52 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 270/230/165

Height: 5'9"

Happy weekend, everyone!

I went shopping this morning and got in some steps. I also did my measurements and weighed in. I am so tired of these dribs-and-drabs of loss - how I long for a whoosh! A nice, three pound whoosh would be the best. I wrote a blog post about it, I'm so frustrated. Maybe a strict Phase 1 would be good for a while.

Off to the gym this afternoon, and then dinner with a good friend who's in town tonight. Hopefully wherever she wants to go will have some SBD friendly items on the menu!
Old 05-15-2010, 04:24 PM   #17  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Finally back! Bing passed (barely-he was making noises at the neutral dog) but a pass is a pass so we'll take it.

KatehSparrow, fun day! lol early! I'm glad you have a good friend to hang with this summer.

lc,

Elle, South Beach is very much like I was eating before, too. It has really helped me to follow this plan specifically, because I'm learning about the glycemic index of foods. There are more than a few foods I don't eat now that I was pretty regular with before-potatoes, pineapple and white rice to name a few. lol for a sense of humor regarding your leaving the last diet behind.

jennyplain, I find what helps me more than P1 is portion control. Good to see you! How are things with your house?

Ok, way overdue for lunch.
Old 05-15-2010, 08:41 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 195/186/140

Height: 5'6

Debbie-- Glad you caught that! lol. Compared to you early risers, I will never be up early! Though, since I stay up until around 2 or 3 in the morning, I often contemplate starting the thread and throwing everyone off!
Old 05-15-2010, 08:57 PM   #19  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Katie-you should do it! I'm just getting up, I'd say hi!
Old 05-15-2010, 09:35 PM   #20  
CouponDiva Extroardinaire

Hi chickies! Well tonight I had some serious munchies so after my cottage cheese, I tried the Fake Garlic Bread and that really hit the spot! I did my interval walking and had a very healthy supper (wild salmon, broccoli, asparagus and mushrooms) so hopefully it evens out.

Also went to the west side as their library had the first SB book in stock. I have the supercharged one. I read about half and will read the rest later. I like reading thru the books again and again as I find them motivating and inspirational.

So, made it thru Day 4!! Tomorrow I promised to take the kids to the fun centre so it'll be an interesting afternoon..the kids will want a snack but I will make sure I eat before I go and I can buy a coffee there if I want.
Old 05-16-2010, 02:12 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 195/186/140

Height: 5'6

Debbie-- Maybe I'll start it up Monday. We'll see.
Old 05-16-2010, 04:17 AM   #22  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Seems a little early but good morning There will be lots of coffee today! We are off to Plum Island for a day of birding. It may not be the most responsible choice for the day but it will be the most fun. I'm not going to take time for personals because we want to get on the road (that's why I'm not in my nice cozy bed now!).

Have a great day and see you all tonight
Old 05-16-2010, 06:23 AM   #23  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Have a good day, Cyndi, and to heck with responsible decisions for a while!

I got lots of garden stuff done yesterday and may be able to work in a bit today between Church and Jazz's 1 PM test. Today is supposed to be warm and sunny so it'll be something on the grill for dinner.

Hope your Sunday is sunny and fun.
Old 05-16-2010, 06:57 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning!

I hope Cyndi is well on her way by now to a pleasant and satisfying day of birdwatching and relaxing! The heck with responsibilities, you have to take time to nurture your sole occasionally, too.

Ruth, I hope you are enjoying your weekend, and good luck to Jazz this afternoon!

We had a very pleasant day yesterday. I finished planting all the summer annuals and puttered in the garden while Jake put together his new BBQ. Then we went over to Applebee's for a light supper before going to visit Mom & Dad. Then we came home and finished off the evening by sitting on the patio, me with a glass of chilled white Zinfandel, and Jake with his beer, and admired the new grill. It has a unique side-burner with a flat plate for grilling vegetables, and I'm going to use it to grill portobellos today while Jake is grilling his London Broil.

We're off to Trader Joe's and a stop at Best Buys to get a new water filter for the fridge, then I expect to be home for the rest of the day, although I have a feeling Andrea will ask me to go shopping with her this afternoon. It'll depend on the weather. It's looking a bit overcast right now, although it's supposed to be sunny.
Old 05-16-2010, 07:06 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning!

Cyndi - hope it was a beautiful day for you!

Ruth - Two dog tests on 3FC in one weekend....hope we're two fer two!

Cottage - sit back admiring the grill . Hope you enjoy it tonight!

Me - yesterday was lovely....I knew I wanted DD to develop a new friendship, but turns out DH and I get along really nicely with the parents too. Isn't it hard finding friends when you're older??!! I never got to the garden (and finally stopped giving myself a guilt trip for it), but since all the cleaning is done...today is for the garden!! I decided that each child gets to pick a plant, and it is theirs to grow, etc. DD is picking a cherry tomato, I think DS is picking a cucumber. Should be fun!!

Have a great day!
Old 05-16-2010, 07:28 AM   #26  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Welcome Elle. You are right - this is a friendly group. A great place to hang out

Congrats to Bing! (And his master.)

Twynn - I think all our adult friends came from out kids activities!

everyone!

Yesterday was a little more exciting than usual here. DH took an elbow to the forehead in basketball and got stitches. I suspect he will have a bit of a shiner today.

I had a NSV on the treadmill yesterday. Jogged 2 minutes, walked 3 minutes for a total of 75. I think this is probably the longest I have jogged at one time in decades! (And at all, for over 2 months since my injury.) I felt it in my knees yesterday and my leg muscles today. Age.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 05-16-2010, 09:16 AM   #27  
I've lost over 15 pounds!

S/C/G: 242/225.5/170

Height: 5' 6"

Hi everyone! I still have the bad cold that kept me home from work, but I'm having quite a weekend anyway! DS had a Disney workshop yesterday, and he wanted me there, so I went to the Magic Kingdom yesterday. We didn't stay long, but it was miserably hot! The band had a great time and it was a very good experience for them.

And I have a diet question. I expected to lose a lot on phase 1, and lost much less than predicted. Now that I've started phase 2, I've lost 4 pounds in one week!

TwynnB--So sorry to hear your daughter is having trouble at daycare. I hope that she finds a new best friend very soon. It's great that you liked your company yesterday. It makes it so much easier when you know and like the parents of your children's friends.

Elle1958--Welcome!!

Jennyplain--When I look at your stats, I'm impressed! I hope that you get that woosh you're looking for. Meanwhile remember how much those dribs and drabs add up to in the long run.

Debbie--

Kate--I'm such a newcomer that I don't feel comfortable starting the thread. I wish you would start it so it would already be here when I get up at 5. (Got up at 3 yesterday to get ready for the trip. It's not that far, but we were all a little excited.)

Natalia--Where do I find the fake garlic bread? That sounds really good.

Cyndi--I hope your day birding was fun!

Ruth--I'm checking in later to see how Church and Jazz do on their test. Good luck!

Cottage--Enjoy your new grill! I need to get ours out and learn to use it. DH never seems to have the time lately.

Karen--That's not the kind of excitement that you want, is it? I hope he heals up well.
Old 05-16-2010, 10:15 AM   #28  
South Beacher

S/C/G: 230/211/175

Height: 5'7

Morning

I slept in till almost 9 today. I usually spend Sundays doing homework, but since I had finals yesterday I have the day off. LOL I do need to get some housework done.

I hope you all have a great relaxing day.

Tammie
Old 05-16-2010, 10:37 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 270/230/165

Height: 5'9"

Lexxiss - Things are going well! We had ServPro come out and they dried us out and cleaned it up. Now we're working with a contractor to get an estimate on how much it's going to cost to redo everything. It is a long, slow process, but we're getting there. On the plus side, the fungicide they're using down there smells so much like nasty formaldehyde that I can't eat in the house, lol. It's doing wonders for staying OP!
Old 05-16-2010, 11:05 AM   #30  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottagebythesea View Post
.... a stop at Best Buys to get a new water filter for the fridge....
Funny you mention that...I woke up at midnight to my side by side flooding the kitchen. I stopped it by pulling out the filter...I hope it's just clogged and it's an easy fix.

I had a morning post all ready to send, then had to reboot the computer. New one on Wednesday as soon as my Costco bill cycles!

So, personals are gone! Hi everyone! I'm trying to get pesto done before church. Sending before the next computer malfunction!
Closed Thread