South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 05:22 AM   #1  

Height: 5'8"

Default Wishful Wednesday

Hi all,
Yes, I am up very early. Why? I woke up at 4am and couldn't get back to sleep because I am obsessing about those d**n photos. Last night I was sorting through a whole bunch and it was very hard to pin down dates and get things in order Because these things have been such a mess for so long, and because most of the photos are not dated, it is difficult. And I can't wait to be done. I am almost there. I have made monthly goals for myself:
April - finish photos, all aspects
May - start a blog and post at least 2x a week
June - house fixer upper stuff

I was totally on plan yesterday. Why is it sometimes so easy, and other times so hard? Have a great day everyone!

Matilda
Old 04-21-2010, 05:22 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Wholesome Wednedsay Beach Chat

Good Morning

I'm feeling rather "Wholesome" this AM. I feel really great when I stay OP. Yesterday was good *reflect* and I'm looking forward to chalking another one up. Coffee is ON! And I think I've seen little Bing cruising through so I guess we'll go outside and see what's up.

I bought seeds yesterday so I think we'll do a little planting today; but first my early morning bike ride into aerobics. This is my second week; I wish I could do it year round.

What's up in your neck of the woods? Stop by and say Hi .
Old 04-21-2010, 05:48 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Drat! My post got lost in the merge. I guess I hit enter just as the event was happening.

Anyhow...Good Morning and Happy Hump Day!
Old 04-21-2010, 06:06 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning Mmc, Debbie, and everyone else who is stumbling in on this early Wednesday morning.

Mmc, I was awake at 4, but couldn't make myself get out of bed. That was a monumental task, getting all your photos organized, and I know you're glad that you are almost through it. How nice it will be, years from now, to look through your pictures and have names and dates for everything! Good for you for having a great OP day yesterday, and I'm wishing you the same today!

Debbie, I can smell the coffee! Enjoy your bike ride, the weather here is perfect for it, and I hope yours is, too! What kind of seeds are you planting?

I think we're going to be dodging April showers today, but at least it's mild, so the garden will surely appreciate it. I'm tempted to set out my tomato plants this weekend, but they're doing quite well on the sunporch for now. It's still pretty early yet for them, but it's hard to wait, what with this mild weather.
I had a bad run-in with carb overload yesterday, when I discovered a new bread bakery, and succumbed. At least it was healthy bread, loaded with OP ingredients, but still. It sure wasn't worth how I'm feeling about it right now. I put the rest of the loaf way in the back of the freezer, and will do an extra 15 minutes on the bike.
This is my morning for spending with Richard's parents, and I'm staying with the girls until after nine tonight, so it's going to be a long day!

Morning, Ruth! Grab a cup of coffee and come on back!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 04-21-2010 at 06:07 AM.
Old 04-21-2010, 06:17 AM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good too-early morning, thanks to husband snoring.

Mmc - Well I have most of my photos in scrapbooks now but not dated and labeled. That would be a challenge! I love blogging. It is another great motivator for me in this process. I was wondering the same thing about some days... if you figure it out please let me know!!!

Debbie - Veggies or flowers? And I have bike envy!

Ruth - I am looking forward to details about that cooking trip when it gets closer. Sounds fun and yummy.

Linda - I so love bread and so still have a problem with it. Something about the texture, I think.

I have most of my stuff laid out for my trip and now just need to survive DH packing, which will be very stressful for us both. I did tell him our destination finally. We leave early tomorrow morning so I probably won't be here and will miss you all! Hopefully I can check in sometime while I'm gone. I'm going to try the bean coffee cake today since that might make a good breakfast on the plane.
Old 04-21-2010, 06:33 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Karen! Can I pour you a cup of coffee, or would you prefer tea? Is your DH excited about the trip? I wish you both a wonderful time and a safe trip!
Old 04-21-2010, 06:43 AM   #7  
Be happy.

Good morning Ladies!

It's a beautiful morning here in Massachusetts. My parents have so many flowering shrubs and trees all in blossom now, and there are violets everywhere. I just got back from a quick walk - my allergies/cold are still really dragging me down so it was a short one - but it's the first I've had time for since I got here so I'm feeling pretty pleased about it. I've got another nice but hopefully non-eventful day ahead today. I'm heading to the transfer station with the recycling and then the grocery store right after breakfast and I'm going to go over to my sister's for a quick visit late this afternoon. She has a pet care service and while school vacation weeks are restful for me they're the busiest times of the year for her.

Mmck, I'm sorry the photo thing is causing so much stress for you right now. It's a huge project - we'll all be celebrating with you when you finish!

Debbie, enjoy your ride to the pool this morning! I'm glad that you're feeling so good and doing so well. I'm curious to know what you'll be planting today too. We haven't put a thing in the ground yet at our house.

Good morning Ruth! How are you feeling today? Are the zinc lozenges working for you? How do you like your new doors?

Cottage, I had a similar kind of day yesterday - on plan foods but I ate more than any one lady needs in one day. The good news is I stopped stuffing my face after dinner so I could get the point for the spring challenge. I'm hoping to do better today.

Hi Karen, it seems like you've been planning this trip for so long, but it's finally here. Good luck getting through DH's packing today!

Good morning to the rest of you, too. It's hard for me to get another post in during the day but I do read the rest of the posts and I really enjoy hearing what's going on in your lives. Have a great Wednesday!
Old 04-21-2010, 06:50 AM   #8  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I think I've had enough coffee now.

MMC - good luck getting those photos completed. I'm sure all the extra work stress doesn't help.

Debbie - Happy planting

Ruth - I hate it when my brilliant musings disappear into cyberspace. Hope you have a few minutes of R&R scheduled into your day

Cottage - Same weather here and the plants are loving it. Everything is suddenly green and vibrant. I love spring.
Hope your busy day has a little time to stop and admire the color

Karen - Happy vacationing

Yesterday ended up being a short day. I left work midday to come home and sleep. Today should be better. I think the Emergen C is working its magic. Normally I would have just had more coffee and pushed through the day but I really want these germs out of my system before I see my folks tomorrow.

DD just posted a facebook update: "Craziness n the ER tonight - car crash, massive stroke , gun shot wound that died immediately which led to a mini riot outside and two babies delivered with another one on the way in the next few hours"
Egads! I missed a call from her yesterday. Hope to actually talk to her today. What an experience!

Time to get this Hump Day on the road. Hope yours is hassle free.

ETA - Hello Heidi Glad you are getting out and enjoying the beautiful weather. Yesterday must have been an eating day. I was blaming the cold because I was just non-stop into the food. Nothing off plan just way too much.

Last edited by CyndiM; 04-21-2010 at 06:52 AM.
Old 04-21-2010, 07:08 AM   #9  

S/C/G: maintaining

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottagebythesea View Post
Good morning, Karen! Can I pour you a cup of coffee, or would you prefer tea? Is your DH excited about the trip? I wish you both a wonderful time and a safe trip!
Thanks! Tea, new habit on SB. DH seems not so excited but I think that will change once we get there. And when he learns all about it. Can't tell you more because he may just read here every once in a while. (But I sure hope not, bad enough he read my blog.)

Heidi - I am so glad you got a walk in. I have indeed been planning this forever! Too bad I didn't plan for a broken bone when I picked a destination based on bike riding!

Cyndi - Glad to hear you are feeling better. I love how fb can keep us connected to our distant kids. That is the whole reason I joined when my son went off to college. I love seeing a little of his life.
Old 04-21-2010, 07:43 AM   #10  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Nice warm morning here...btw-snow peas, swiss chard and Mammoth Sunflowers(of course!

Mmc, I think you and I hit the button at the very same moment! Ahh great minds think alike. I'm hoping you are able to let go of some of the stress of the photo project and give yourself some credit for even attempting to work on such a daunting project!!!! I've been thinking about it for years and don't see it in my near future. Good job on your goals.

Ruth, *drat* on your post! Good morning to you, too!

Linda, I have sunporch envy! Coffee up and enjoy your L_O_N_G day!

Karen, veggies AND flowers! Enjoy your *stressless* day!

Heidi, I'm envisioning your beautiful morning! Glad you got a walk in. Happy visiting! I know it is such a stressful time for everyone, but getting together a bit hopefully helps.

Cyndi, glad to hear you're feeling better. Egads! A life changing experience for DD...we are very blessed here.

Ok, 43 min till bike blast off! I still need to email my "diet coach".

Have a great day everyone!
Old 04-21-2010, 07:43 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 237/228/160

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Good Morning. Today is supposed to be my last on Phase 1. Not sure if it will or not. I haven't really lost any THIS week. Although I am eating even less than I ate last week. May take it to the weekend. We'll see. I only have 20 days left of this school year! Woo Hoo! Summer is almost here!
Old 04-21-2010, 07:44 AM   #12  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Hi, AuburnGirl! I just missed you! 20 days and counting....that's great!
Old 04-21-2010, 07:53 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

Quick fly by....it's another beautiful day (although I haven't checked the weather). Hope to get a run in with the pup. Pork tenderloin on the grill for supper!!
Old 04-21-2010, 08:09 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 178/165/140

Good morning all! Just wanted to quickly pop in and say hi, I've got a busy day. I still haven't painted the master bedroom! Things keep coming up and getting in the way, but I am bound and determined today to get started while DS is at preschool. Then we're having dinner at my sister's tonight. The fun part is my sister told me she just started doing SBD too! So dinner tonight will be easy for me. She isn't at all overweight, but she wants to lose about 7 lbs and a bit of pudgy tummy so she'll probably only do a couple weeks of Phase 2. Can you say JEALOUS?! She is one of those people who eats a ton, never works out, and never gains weight. She only gained 15 lbs w/both of her pregnancies, never had to stop wearing her regular jeans, and never dieted to get back to her original weight, it just came off. GRRR!
Old 04-21-2010, 09:22 AM   #15  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning, it was a beautiful morning here I am loving the weather right now.

MMC- sorry the photos are stressing you out- hopefully you will get done soon. I used to always put our photos in albums but since everything is now digital just have folders on computers and have to make sure to back up to our external drive incase the computer crashes.

Cyndi and Heidi- Hope that you both start feeling better soon.

Karen- Have fun on your trip.

to everyone else

So the scale went down another lb so I am back to my starting weight again. So this is not normal - I gained 8 lbs in a week (trust me didn't eat enough food to gain that much weight) and 4 days on the beach it's off- I am thinking it is menopause issues starting to kick in. It's a motivator to stay on the beach though that's for sure.

Come into work today and there are boxes of donuts in the office. Haven't touched and won't touch, went to cafeteria and got beachy food so I wouldn't be tempted.

Have a wonderful day everyone
Closed Thread