Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred

• Hey ladies, Have any of you tried the "30 Day Shred" video by Jillian Michaels? My friend gave me a copy of it and I LOVE IT!!!! It's a 20 minute workout combining cardio, strength, and core exercises. I can't believe how much I actually sweat (sweated?) in just 20 mins and how sore I am today! Awesome! If you are looking for a good workout you can fit into a busy day I highly recommend it!
  • It is a great workout! I was so sore after each session that I couldn't do the video again for a few days. I never made it past level 1 but did really like it.
  • I liked it but it was horrible for my knees.
  • I have it and I like it. It kicks my butt!!!
    Tammie
  • Haven't tried this one... Truth be told I'm a little scared to. I am doing the cardio max one on beginners and it's kiiilllllliiiinnnnggggg me!
  • I have it and tried it it is not one of my favorites, guess it is that boot camp attitude that turns me off. But the workout is a killer
  • I have it and I like it a lot when I only have time for a quick workout. I do feel it the next day!

I never used it as the "30-Day" thing. I never understood if you were supposed to do it every day for 30 days (my shoulders would DEFINITELY be injured if I did that) and/or what you were supposed to do at the end of 30 days... but I really like it as an occasional workout.
  • I love it, and after doing Level 1, I was extremely sore for a week. But after doing it for a while, I really need at least level 2, and mostly 3 to do anything. Unfortunately, I don't feel sore anymore, which is my way of knowing if it's doing something . I really do love it, and it's fast! I HATE the superman move. It angers me so much, LOL. But I can finally get my legs and chest off the ground during them.
  • Tell me more. Do you need special equipment?
  • I know for level 1 you only need small hand weights like 3-5 pounds. You may need a mat if you are doing it on a hard surface because you do get down on the floor for push ups and crunches. No idea what you need for level 2.
  • I've been meaning to try this one! I like Jillian Michaels, and I need a good kick in the butt every once in a while.
  • Quote: I know for level 1 you only need small hand weights like 3-5 pounds. You may need a mat if you are doing it on a hard surface because you do get down on the floor for push ups and crunches. No idea what you need for level 2.
    They all require the same things. Maybe a slightly heavier weight if you feel like the 3 lbs are too light. A mat helps immensely and saves your carpeting (if you have it).
  • I use 5 lbs weights, but for some moves I hold one weight in both hands! I agree it can be a little rough on some joints but overall it's just a terrific workout. For anyone that wants to try it: My friend Robin "burned" me a free copy and she said she's willing to burn a copy for anyone else who wants to try... If you're interested, send me a message and I may be able to just mail you a copy (I'd need to check into the whole "how to mail a dvd thing" without it getting broken)!
  • I did this during the months of February and March and worked my way through all three levels, killer workout. I haven't done it in a month and I plan to start it back up again doing level 1. I was doing it everyday and the first month I lost like 12 inches doing this workout.