South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 05:56 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Weekend Wonderings and Wanderings

Good morning. How did it get to be the weekend again so soon? Life seems to be speeding up as I get older.

Yesterday was busy, busy, busy with planned and unplanned stuff. Today should be more in control with Donna coming today (finally!) and Jazz and I off to his obedience class this afternoon. He still doesn't have a clue about the "down stay" command but may manage to pass the test on charm alone.

Drove home from the gym through the forest area yesterday and saw lots of things happening - 2-3 weeks early. The hepaticas are coming out as are the bloodroot so Spring has officially begun. My lawns are green and the lilac leaves are showing. Trilliums will be next. I always get such a lift this time of year and don't even mind that the hard work season is about to happen.

Time for a coffee and some dog cuddling - a great way to start the day. I hope yours has a good start too.
Old 04-10-2010, 06:07 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Hi Ruth. I'm remembering those weeks in Jan.-Feb. that just dragged on...and on...It seems now we're at full throttle. I reflected last evening how perfect the temperature is here right now-and that soon it will hotter and hotter. I hope you and Jazz have a great day at school. I've been working on "down-stay" with Bing, too.

It's going to be another sunny day in paradise for me. I'm hitting the chore list early, as I'm going to help at the local pet store-they're having a fund raising dog wash. I'll ride my bike over since Kirk has plans for fossil hunting. Baking is on the agenda for tomorrow's potluck at church, and of course pool and dog walking.

I'm sending good wishes to Heidi as she travels today.

I'll see you all soon! I'm in pursuit of COFFEE!
Old 04-10-2010, 06:19 AM   #3  
Be happy.

Good morning ladies!

I'm just about ready to hit the road, but I can't leave without popping in. lol
I talked to my parents last night and my dad is feeling much better now that he's getting more medication. It's going to be sunny and we're planning to take a ride today. We'll see how he feels when I actually get there, but I am so happy that he's feeling good enough to want to get out of the house.

It took 1 week longer than I'd planned, but I'm finally at my -50 pounds goal. I still want to loose another 5 so that I'll have some wiggle room, which means nothing really changes, but I sure am happy. I never would have made it without you ladies. Thank you for being such an awesome encouragement, cheering section and voice of reason.

OK, gotta hit the road - the sun is up. The first hour of my drive is back roads and I have to keep a sharp lookout for deer, moose and other critters in the road at dawn and dusk, so I hate to leave in the dark.
(The secret's out - Heidi is a big ole wimp! )

Have a great Saturday!

* Just saw your post Debbie, thank you for thinking of me. *hug*

Last edited by Heidi58; 04-10-2010 at 06:20 AM.
Old 04-10-2010, 06:24 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Heidi on reaching your first big goal!! Safe travels!
Old 04-10-2010, 06:48 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Happy weekend, girls! Coffee is especially tasty this morning.

Ruth, isn't it wonderful to see everything coming life again after the long winter? It really is a balm for lifting our spirits.

Debbie, now that's a fundraiser that I've never heard of, but what a great idea! It sounds like it could be interesting and a lot of fun, too. Enjoy your sunny day in paradise!

Heidi, I pray for a safe trip for you and hope your dad continues to feel good. And CONGRATULATIONS on achieving your goal! That's wonderful!

It's a work-in-the-yard day for us, once we get our morning running finished. Jake ordered another 3 yards of garden soil, and we're splitting it between the garden and the front yard, and Dustin is bringing us enough sod to finally get our yard back to normal again, after the water company dug it all up to find and repair the broken pipe. I'm getting my radish, carrot and beet seeds planted in the garden this afternoon, too.
Old 04-10-2010, 07:00 AM   #6  

Height: 5'8"

Heidi, congratulations!!! I hear you about the wiggle room but it's not essential. One day I will reach my goal. I do need to refocus to do that though.

Ruth, Cottage and Debbie: sounds like we are ALL glad spring is here and I'm jealous of your opportunities to garden. One day I will have my own small patch of grass, or at least a terrace where I can do container gardening.

Today will be filled with chores and tonight we have dinner at a friend's house. Tomorrow we will go to the Bronx Zoo. Our membership expires at the end of the month (I don't think we will renew, frankly) and we have a free parking coupon and some free attraction tickets that need to be used up!

Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 04-10-2010, 07:41 AM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

Ruth - I think that is an actual phenomenon! Time passes faster the older we get. I am sure of it! And goes by soooo slowly when we are dieting.

Debbie - I was thinking the same thing about the weather. Soon I will be complaining about the heat. And it gets hot here in the summer! Makes me sadder that I am missing such great biking weather. Of course I could be like you and bike all year round! I hope you don't get any dogs that hate baths today. Mine would run when she heard the basement tub go on.

Heidi - I'm glad to hear that your dad is feeling better. on 50 pounds! You are such an inspiration! Have a safe trip. My husband is a big fan of Garmin. (We own stock and they are a local company too.) He just got his second for his 50th birthday and we have gotten tons of use out of the first one. I am pretty sure that he found information in Consumer Reports.

Linda - Enjoy playing in the dirt today.

Mmc - Have fun at the zoo today.

DS has prom tonight. Tomorrow DH and I are going to the baseball game with friends and the seats are in a VIP section with a buffet and then we get served food all day in our seats. I am hoping for peanuts in shells.
Old 04-10-2010, 07:48 AM   #8  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning It's so nice to be back to my usual morning routine of coffee and internet

Ruth - I've been noticing the coldsfoot and bloodroot around here. Wish we had hepaticas though, they are lovely. I sure hope you are able to find some quiet moments over the weekend. Happy dog cuddling

Debbie - Sounds like a perfect weekend!

Heidi - and over the winter too! I know what you mean about the driving, I feel the same way.
Hope your Dad is more comfortable and the weekend is peaceful.

Cottage - Happy planting!

Mmc - Sounds like a nicely balanced weekend - a little work and a little play

Karen. How is the shoulder?

It's supposed to be pretty cool and windy here so not sure how much yard work I'll get done. I do have a lot of spring cleaning I want to do though, so it might be a good day for that. All the usual food prep for the week too - beans, bread, soup, etc. I'm sure we will fit some local birding in too. The next two weekends are away from home for me so it will be nice to spend a weekend getting things done around here.

Don't know about the temperature but the sun is shining right in my face Happy weekend
Old 04-10-2010, 08:49 AM   #9  

Thanks for asking, Cyndi. I think I have to say it is slowly getting better... because it no longer hurts all the time. Progress. I am eager to see what the doctor says when I see him on Friday. And hope I am much improved before my vacation in two weeks. My range of motion is still very limited. Sigh. Meanwhile, I am trying not to think about my arm muscles wasting away

I need to follow your example and do some food prep. Lunches are getting especially boring. Off to eat breakfast finally.

Have a great day all!
Old 04-10-2010, 09:18 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Good morning, everyone! I can't believe I'm here this early on a Saturday. But, the dogs wanted out and DH is OUT COLD! (He had a late, somewhat inebriated night last night.)

Ruth: Good luck to Jazz (and you) today! I hope you have a relaxing evening planned after today's activity.

Debbie: What a great thing you're doing helping at the pet store! I know what you mean about the weather, we've had great temps as well. We'll be outside as much as possible this weekend.

Heidi: CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm so proud of you for making your goal! I bet you're ecstatic! I can't wait to join you at the finish line!!

Linda: Have fun in the garden today. I think we're going to be out in ours this afternoon. Just doing some soil work to get ready for planting after we get back from NM. I bet it'll be good to get rid of the evidence of the water debacle.

Mmckellan: I hope you have a good time at the zoo!

Karen: That sounds like the way to watch a game!! DH and I love going to baseball games, but haven't ever been treated so extravagantly! I bet you'll have a blast!

Cyndi: Enjoy your weekend at home, getting everything prepped and ready for the coming weeks! No spring cleaning here, but I may do a bit of food prepping since our week is going to be hectic.

Everything is peachy here. DH is still sound asleep and probably will be for a while. I think I'll have to fend for myself for breakfast instead of waiting for a plate of his delicious skillet eggs. I honestly don't remember the last time I had to fix my own Saturday-morning breakfast. Guess I'm a bit spoiled.

Today is pretty much get-stuff-done-day. I need to catch up on laundry and do some minor cleaning around the house. We're planting the veggie garden after we get back from NM, so we're going to work the soil over today. I also need to get our church clothes ready as tomorrow is our long Sunday at church; we'll be there from 9:00 - 12:30 because DH is running sound. Finally, I want to get online and track down some vegetarian recipes to start experimenting with. Oh, and I can't forget a big workout, either!

Well, the coffee's done and I've got some DVR shows I want to watch before DH takes over. He'll be grouchy and "headachey" this morning, so I'll acquiesce with no argument today.
Old 04-10-2010, 09:31 AM   #11  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Back before heading to the pool....

Linda, YAY for getting your seeds planted!

Mmc, maybe they will have a community garden sometime...or an herb box. I always liked the herbs Jamie Oliver grew out his itty bitty kitchen window on his tv show.

Karen, what bball team? Denver is all geared up-first home game was yesterday.

Cyndi, I really noticed when you weren't here yesterday morning! Beck is hopping me into cleaning and organizing. Soon, I'll be food prepping even more, I hope. See you later, I'm sure.

See ya'll later!

KimStar, aka Pescatarian Beacher. Glad you get a nice quiet Saturday morning. Enjoy your day and the excitement of your new lifestyle!
Old 04-10-2010, 09:34 AM   #12  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning, I'm back. We actually got home last Sunday but this week was too hectic to get on here either from work or home. I had floor duty at work so didnt have time and both DS and DD1 had either track meet or soccer games every night this week.

Ruth: Isn't it great this time of the year watching everything blooming. I love it.

Debbie: Enjoy the good weather and how nice of you to help the pet store.

Heidi: CONGRATULATIONS!!! you are my inspiration, that is were I need to be back to. Wiggle room is a good thing.

Linda: Enjoy gardening today. You'll almost motivate to start a garden.

Mmckellan: Have fun at the Zoo.

Karen: Are you getting pictures tonight, next Saturday is Prom for my guys, still running around getting flowers, renting tux, and DD still has to get shoes and clutch to match her purse. DH and I are going to Opening day for the Cardinals on Monday, it will be our belated Anniversary Date, our Anniversary was yesterday, 22 years

Cyndi: Glad you are getting to enjoy a weekend at home.

I need to go back and catch up on the threads that I have missed the past two weeks. Scale didn't go up while on vacation so that was a good thing, now I am just trying to get in to a groove for what works for me so I can start ramping up everything, I got some hormone stuff going on so trying to tweaks things and see what happens to get the scale moving along.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!!!
Old 04-10-2010, 10:01 AM   #13  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hi Ladies!!
You guys are all so busy! my Day was supposed to be a Lax game but its so cold & Windy I can't be out in it!
Ruth Jazz getting by on Charm? I can't Imagine
Debbie That sounds so awesome!!!
heidi!!! congrats! Be safe on your trip!
Cottage have a great day in the garden I'm getting hungry thinking of your Veggies
MmcK I love the Bronx Zoo! I didn't realize you were in the city! I'm in Jersey
Karen/Pearl We're going to need Prom Pics!! I wish they had a prom for adults!
Cyn Pass the coffee I have an inside day planned today too
Kim come On Over I had a yummy healthy breakfast my DH is just starting to stir
Today is DH's birthday but he's slated to work all weekend so it will be a quiet 1
I just had a yummy breakfast that could be ph 1 or 2 depending on veggies

Going to post it and text myself the picture
I think I'll throw something warm on and exercise!
Kierie
Old 04-10-2010, 10:04 AM   #14  

Kim - now that you say that I realize I have never paid for a sporting event in my life! Maybe if I liked watching more I would pay to go. Maybe. Another gardener! Maybe everyone can send me their extra veggies this year

Debbie - Kansas City Royals. They play the Red Sox and I grew up in Boston so may have to cheer for the away team. If I dare.

Rose - I was wondering I would be able to figure out how to post a reasonably sized photo on here. Maybe it will be my avatar for a while. I cannot imagine having to outfit a girl! Fun or drama? Happy anniversary to you and DH.

Kierie - Happy birthday to him!

My sweet hubby is going to exercise alongside me (treadmill and elliptical) today despite his original plan to take a break before he plays basketball later. I am struggling to find motivation to do it on my own. And I am dragging my neighbor out to walk later.
Old 04-10-2010, 01:37 PM   #15  
Motivated for Success!!

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning Chickadees,

Ruth, are the flowers in your profile pics wild flowers you come across (or maybe your garden flowers)? When I first saw the puple ones I just assumed it was a pic you pulled off the internet because they looked so perfect!

Debbie, What a fun day you have planned! You definitely will not have time to get bored!

Heidi, I am so glad to hear your dad is doing better!! Congrats on hitting your goal, that's awesome!! Have a safe trip.

Cottage, Sounds like you will have a nice veggie garden this summer!

MMc, enjoy the zoo!

Karen, what teams will you be watching? VIP section sounds fun!

Cyndi, I'm doing the spring clean-up thing here too. A pain in the butt, but so nice when it's done!

Kierie, Happy Birthday to your DH!!

I spent yesterday cleaning the house. It is so nice to look around and see everything so spotless! My DH went back to work yesterday after a 7 month lay-off! Woo Hoo!! Although, it feels rather lonely with just me and the pup. I can't remember if I told you about the tadpoles I saved from a draining mud puddle? Well, they are now turning into the tiniest little tree frogs you have ever seen and I've spend all morning watching them climb up the glass and jump into the water over and over again! Too cute! Looks like they will be getting released soon. I have absolutely nothing planned until tonight so we'll see where the day takes me. I hope you all have a lovely OP day!
Closed Thread