Spring into Action Weekend Beach Chat

You're on Page 1 of 4
Go to
  • Good Morning

It appears that I'm the first one up...good for me, I've been missing my early mornings! We have a few stray snowflakes falling right now but they can't stop my flowers anymore. They are springing into action no matter what!

Coffee is flowing freely here, tea water always hot! Sooo........what's on your list this weekend? Stop by and say Hi!

Me, undecided as of yet....I'll get some work done in the office while I plan....I do think a bit of skiing may be on my list. Excuse me for a bit while I "Spring into Action".
  • Good morning! Just up and need breakfast badly because of very low blood sugar. Back in a bit.
  • Good morning, Ruth! I hope your BS is heading towards normal by now. I'm looking forward to hearing your weekend report!
  • Good morning Debbie and Ruth!! My coffee is brewing...

It is amazing how fast all the plant are coming up!! This is the first spring in my new house, so it's fun seeing what comes up.

I have my running garb on. Going outside, since the kiddos don't have school. Oops, just saw the temperature, it's only 22!! Might still go out, it'll probably warm up when the sun is up. I'm going on a bike trail with the pup, so hopefully no attacks today!!

Enjoy your coffee and weekend!
  • "Hope your "BS" is heading towards normal now".

OHHHHHHH....blood sugar....got it!!
  • Ruth and Debbie - So glad you are both home and with us early again

Twynn - Enjoy your run. Dress warmly!

Can I really be the 4th person on here! I better type fast.

Busy weekend. DH's 50th today. Our niece and her new husband are coming this morning sometime and staying overnight. We are having a few family over. DS has his indoor soccer post-season game tonight and plans to figure out a way to ask girlfriend to prom there. Oh, he has a practice AP test this morning so I need to wake him up soon!

So... I have been having a mental battle and think I will have a planned cheat tonight. Not cake - I can skip that. But niece wants subs from a local place and their salad with chicken is 1000 calories and I do not want the hassle of being the only one not ordering and dealing with looks and questions. I don't actually want or crave the bread (wheat but surely not whole grain) but I think I would rather deal with that and my guilt than being noticed for not eating. Sigh. We'll see, I am still debating.

Have a great weekend all. Be back when I can.
  • Good morning! MMMMmmmmm, Jake makes such good coffee, even when he's sick, which he is today. I just have to make sure not to get his germs! Can't be sick during vacation!

Debbie, thanks for "Springing into action" and starting up the weekend thread. Enjoy your day of skiing!

Ruth, I hope things are back to normal after eating something. I woke up feeling hungry today, but am waiting to see if Jake feels good enough to go out or should I just make some oatmeal here at home. How's dear little Jazz doing?

Twynn, it's a frigid 26* here this morning! It sounds like good running weather, though. I'll do my run shortly, but inside, running in place with Sir Wii.

So! I guess the day is up in the air until I know how Jake is feeling. I could hear him in the bathroom several times during the night. He's laying on the sofa out on the sunporch watching TV right now. I'm staying far away from him!

I'll sit and sip my coffee and think about what I'm going to do to Spring into Action today.
  • Karen, you made it here before me, but just barely! Wish your DH a Happy Birthday from me, and I hope he has a nice day. Good luck on dinner tonight. How about taking the insides out of the sub and eating it like a salad? I think now's the time to stay strong and let your family realize that you are serious about changing your eating habits, but that's just my opinion. Good luck and have a good day, whatever you decide to do.
  • Twinn, my BS is always normal. Toast with PB fixed the other BS.

Debbie, I hope you can work in some spring skiing. I miss skiing but am afraid to screw up my knee again.

Waisting, sounds like a good celebration coming up. Your planned "cheat" is not so bad.

Cottage, I'm glad Jake was OK to make the coffee and hope he feels better soon. Do you have another week of "holidays"?

Today is shaping up as cold and sunny again. I miss Spring although I did check out my new front perennial bed and things are sprouting. Today is supposed to be above freezing. Yahoo! Yesterday was darn cold to be outside selling daffodils.

Jazz is feeling much better this morning so obedience class this afternoon is a go. I think he nibbled something nasty when he did his initial tour of the dog yard when we got back from the kennel.

Time for a soak in the tub - the first since getting back. Showers are great but I do love my tub!

Enjoy your Saturday!
  • Ruth, yes, I'm off until the 6th!
  • Good morning Twynn, Karen, and Linda!

Twynn, hope you're out running by now!

Karen, happy BD to DH! Hmm...weighing in on the bread-I'd probably consider providing my own bread or having the salad-dressing on the side. If it's really uncomfortable, I agree with Ruth, it isn't that bad. Whatever you decide-pitch the guilt thing-any choice you make ISN'T worth that.

Linda, hope Jake feels better and for sure don't you get sick!

Ruth, enjoy your soak!
  • I guess Jake is feeling better, as he wants to go out for breakfast.
  • Good morning The cats allowed me to sleep in again. Good thing because both DW and I have been feeling quite sleep deprived this week.

Debbie - It's nice to see you back in your usual spot in the morning Before I forget - thanks for sharing some of your vacation meal planning and implementation with us. It's almost migration season here and we will be away from home on occasion so it's always nice to see what others do in those situations. I also loved your pics and want to visit those places now

Ruth - I've always admired your BS It's so nice seeing you in the morning again!

Twynn - Did you brave the cold? I'm such a wimp about that.
    How exciting watching your new yard bloom. I bet there will be some fun surprises.

Cottage - Wow, Jake made the coffee even though he's sick?! Wow, definitely a keeper, but obviously you know that already

Karen - I second Cottage's suggestion. It's not the calories so much, you can always work those off on the treadmill, it's the processed grain and probable sugars that would worry me. Good luck whatever you decide. I know you will hop right back on either way.
    Hope all goes as well as possible with the MRI. I"m glad you had that looked at and the doctor is taking it seriously.

It's another spring cleaning, cooking, planting weekend around here. DW has a website to finish for a local CSA so she will be working on that all day today. I'm going to make another snack cake using some of my dried strawberry stash. Has anyone tried freezing the cake? I want to do a week of Phase 1 starting Monday and don't want the cake sitting around.

On the work front we actually had some success with the House. The cuts to our agencies were removed for this fiscal year with implementation of the changes moved to the next fiscal year rather than midway through the upcoming year. This gives us time to plan and to work with the Division to find ways to make the process more efficient while still meeting the needs of vulnerable families. Now let's hope the Senate and gov go along with it. Never doubt that making a lot of noise and telling the important stories can make a difference.

Time to get a To Do list started for the weekend. #1-drink coffee. That's something I can fit in
  • Just got back from my run! It was a bit chilly at first, but great after that. The Reesie Pup had frost on her whiskers!!

Karen - I'll often just get the sub, and pull most of the bread off. Most subs have so much bread, people don't question it. I honestly don't like them much anymore!

Guess I have to go to work . Then tonight is DS's 7th bday party!!
  • Good morning all!~ I'm a bit sluggish today due to wine last night. My husband and I watched "The Hangover" and it just seemed appropriate to drink wine while watching it. I had intended to do a clean phase 1 for the full 2 weeks but now I just feel like moving onto Phase 1.5 because I want to start exercising again, and I find my energy to be a little low when I do Phase 1. So that is where I am today.

We have an egg hunt at my friend's house and they are barbequing after so that will be fun. It looks like a beautiful day but still chilly, high will only be 46 degrees.

Karen - I support planned cheats but personally would never cheat for something I didn't like or wasn't a big fan of! I also say eat the insides and throw away the bread.