South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 03-26-2010, 01:18 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 229/221/200

Height: 6'0"

Default SBD and Weight Watchers?

Anyone combine SBD with WW plan? I haven't lost weight in the last two weeks and I hate counting calories. I had an old account with WW online so I reactivated it today to track my food and exercise that way and make sure I'm not over or under eating. Already I can see that WW is not as forgiving of my love of lowfat cheese but maybe that is one of the reasons I seem stuck.

Anyway, anyone else combine the two? Any thoughts, ideas, pitfalls?

Thank you!!
TallGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 01:47 PM   #2  

Height: 5'8"

Tall Girl, I'd like to weigh in. First you are not the only one who appears to stall on SB. It seems to happen to everyone. It's very frustrating, but that just seems to be the way this diet works. The scale is not an accurate way to gauge all your progress. So, if you have been on plan, you are probably losing inches unless you are really eating a lot of high fat foods. You could go on WW to see basically where your eating is, but if you want to stay on it for the long term that is up to you.

Personally, I did WW for an entire summer and ended up feeling like I had real food issues. The tracking made me obsessed with "how many points" I could eat and I ALWAYS felt hungry, maybe because I actually started eating a lot more processed foods on WW because I could assign them a point value. A bag of chips has a point value that you can fit in so I would eat chips, and don't get me started on the WW prepackaged snacks. So it was not for me. I love SB and trust that as long as I eat this way my body will make its way down to the right weight for me, but I agree, it is hard.
Mmckellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 02:24 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 229/221/200

Height: 6'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmckellen View Post
Tall Girl, I'd like to weigh in. First you are not the only one who appears to stall on SB. It seems to happen to everyone. It's very frustrating, but that just seems to be the way this diet works. The scale is not an accurate way to gauge all your progress. So, if you have been on plan, you are probably losing inches unless you are really eating a lot of high fat foods. You could go on WW to see basically where your eating is, but if you want to stay on it for the long term that is up to you.

Personally, I did WW for an entire summer and ended up feeling like I had real food issues. The tracking made me obsessed with "how many points" I could eat and I ALWAYS felt hungry, maybe because I actually started eating a lot more processed foods on WW because I could assign them a point value. A bag of chips has a point value that you can fit in so I would eat chips, and don't get me started on the WW prepackaged snacks. So it was not for me. I love SB and trust that as long as I eat this way my body will make its way down to the right weight for me, but I agree, it is hard.
Thank you for responding. I have a long history with WW and also don't feel it was a good choice for me. I signed back up for one month to track foods there as an alternative to counting calories. I don't intend to do it long term, I much prefer the WOE that SB brings. And by all accounts, I'm not going over 2000 calories a day on SB so it probably is just the weight loss stall that I'm experiencing. It's just frustrating and I like results . I'm also exercising for the first time in awhile so I find it even more frustrating that the scale isn't moving.

But yes, the inches are coming off. I wore pre-pregnancy pants for the first time Wednesday since March 2008! Even though I'm not at my pre-preggo weight yet, the clothes are starting to fit. And I'm eating much better, healthier foods on SB and exercising, all of which is better for my body in the long run.

I will try harder not to make myself crazy about the number on the scale. Thank you again for your advice!
TallGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 03:50 PM   #4  

Height: 5'8"

You can track food and calories at FitDay too, and I believe it's free!
Mmckellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 04:11 PM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Tall Girl,
I think you may have answered some of your own questions.
1) You hate counting calories.
2) The inches are coming off.
3) You are eating much better, healthier foods on SB and exercising, all of which is better for your body in the long run.
4)You will try harder not to make yourself crazy about the number on the scale.
You stated that it's frustrating and you like results, but you also described the results you are finding. Perhaps it is about changing your expectations and learning new ways to track results.

I very specifically remember 6 weeks being a time when I did not feel progress; the scale stopped moving and I actually felt "fatter" than when I started SBD. I had made a 6 mo. commitment to SBD, so I plugged on ahead choosing not to do anything much different than I was before. Voila! The scale started moving...but I really took time to learn that for me, this time, it had to be about my health.
The beauty of this plan is that you have alot of options to customize it to your liking. I'm not going to tell you to count or not to count. I can tell you I'm not-I hate counting calories. I chose to take the route of being very conscious of staying OP AND increasing my activity as my health improved. For me, the (almost) one year of doing that has lead me to a healthier attitude about just about everything. Last week I ate totally OP, didn't snack in excess, hiked and biked, drank lots of water and the scale didn't budge. I've decided today that it's my choice whether to call that a plateau or a great success. I'm going to call it a success.

Best wishes!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 04:13 PM   #6  

Just wanted to throw out there that there is a free website that keeps up with points if you are interested...My fat secret is the name of it....Also, I hated feeling so obsessed with keeping up with all the points. One more reason I love SBD!
litar is offline   Reply With Quote