Need some help from My Kick Butt Ph 2 Chicks

• I went to a dietician who specializes (allegedly) In RNY patients
    and I hve a new plan that seems very Ph 2 ish
    I need some food ideas! I don't do pasta or rice
    So my home scale has bobbed between 147 and 149 however that's naked with a generally empty stomach
    The Nut's scale said 152 I wasn't freakshow but Who needs coffee after that wake up call!

So I'm on a Low Refined Carb Plan
    4+ Servings of Veggies
    2 servings of fruit
    2 servings of milk (Did I mention I'm a Cheese-a-holic)
    4 servings of starch
    10 oz protein (70 grams)
    5 servings of fat

the fat serving is goign to be the hard part I have to switch from eggs to egg beaters (when I finish the eggs in my fridge) I haven't counted fat in 3 years
    Also have to snag some greek yogurt which I love so that's not bad
    she also wants me to ditch splenda for my fibro and CP

I have to think Critically about how i want to shop and plan meals any ideas are totally welcome!
  • Hi Kierie-

Always nice to see you under any circumstances

What does she say about beans and soy? They would definitely help with the low fat protein thing.

Interesting about the Splenda. I've been avoiding it because I stick with a low inflammation diet. Except the other day when I ate a muffin and watched my fingers swell up and burn all afternoon. Yes, I can be stupid
  • she said a lot that was contradictory I'm not sure if beans would be a protein or a starch. That being said I love the musical fruit! and will gladly eat beans and soy
    She said no splenda for the same reason it would aggravate my cp and fibro
  • Cyn While I do enjoy the SF products too much turns me into June Allison's Sidekick!
    What's on an anti-inflammation diet?
  • Hey Kierie - SBD is pretty darned close to the anti-inflammation diet. Check out Inflammation Factor and the IF rating tables. Andrew Weil has also weighed in on the concept.

One of the unexpected benefits of SBD has been a decrease in inflammation issues for me so I do think there's something to this. I've had a couple of stupid but very clear confirmations of that recently.

As far as the beans - there are lots of great recipes that meet your diet guidelines. We are moving from soup season to bean salad season so it may be a good time to try this out. Let us know how it's going for you and if it helps with your fibro and CP. I'm always willing to try non-drug methods of controlling inflammation and pain.
  • I have 8 weeks to optimum health perhaps I'll dive in for some recipes
    that looks really interesting. Ironically I never thought of eating to reduce pain (other than stuffing my face)
  • Sorry, but what are fibro and CP?
  • Quote: Ironically I never thought of eating to reduce pain (other than stuffing my face)
    I'm always looking for the food/body connection on things - inflammation, mental health, skin, etc. That first year of really clean SBD eating made such a big difference in all those areas that I'm sold.
  • Fibromyalgia and Cerebral Palsy