South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 06:02 AM   #1  
Be happy.

Default Finally Friday Chat

Good morning friends!

I kept waiting and checking but no one seems to be around so I bit the bullet and started the thread myself this morning.

It's great to have Fergie home. I slept great last night too. This big old house doesn't feel so big when there are 2 of us here. lol

I already whined about this in the OP thread but it's bugging me so I'll mention it again - I think this is going to be the first week in a long time that I don't loose an ounce. The scale is still stuck firmly at 159.4. I've been eating well and exercising though so maybe some miracle will occur and I'll be down for my official weigh in tomorrow morning, but I'm bracing myself just in case.

Busy day at school today, but it's Friday. We end the day with our 5th grade reading buddies - the hilight of the week for some of my students - and I think we're going to let them go outside to the 'big' playground this afternoon instead of reading. They've all got spring fever and that playground is relatively dry and mud free. It will be a nice way to end a busy week, and will give the kids something new to write about when they send their notes to their buddies next week.

Have a great Friday!
Old 03-19-2010, 06:18 AM   #2  

Height: 5'8"

Thanks for getting us started, Heidi! I'm surprised there aren't more chiming in already, I'm usually about 9th in line. I intended to start Phase 1 cleanly again yesterday, but I wasn't totally compliant, and probably won't be 100% today either - I haven't had a chance to go to the grocery store since we got back from Florida. Let's just say it will probably happen tomorrow or Sunday.

The weather here was so gorgeous yesterday, and should be today too. It's so nice to have spring around! We've got some plans for the weekend, but it's basically low key, which is good. Hope everyone has a great day...
Old 03-19-2010, 06:20 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning Heidi, and all to follow!

You are not kidding about Finally Friday. Yeesh. I should've never had a vacation the week before the time change!!

Heidi -The scale did that to me too, when I was actively loosing the first time. DOn't let it discourage you!! I realized the other day, when I looked back at my initial weight loss, that it averaged about a lb a week (after the initial phase I). That's pretty good!! I lost it pretty slow (20 lbs in 4 months) compared to some...but still very happy with the results. A lot of that, I believe, was going to complete inactivity to running 15-20 mi/week...so I was MUCH more muscular.

For me - work, whooppee. I'm off at two though , so hopefully a run with the DH and the pup. After that, I don't care!! I think I'm making the mock cornbread casserole.

I must admit, I did not have a perfect phase I. I made bar cookies (new recipe) for DS's school for an activity, and I'm wayyyy to anal not to try something before sending it out the door. I did,however, make some of Kara's bean brownies too, so that I wouldn't be tempted beyond a taste!

Have a great friday!

Last edited by TwynnB; 03-19-2010 at 06:21 AM.
Old 03-19-2010, 06:22 AM   #4  
Be happy.

I've got to make a grocery store run today too, Mmc. Fergie is good about eating whatever I fix for meals but I need to pick up some more of his junk food for him to snack on in front of the TV. He was miserable without it last night. lol He didn't want to stop on the way home from the airport yesterday and I didn't want the stuff in the house while he was gone. I'm not usually tempted by that sort of stuff anymore, but I wasn't sure how I'd be when I was home alone for so long.

Enjoy your spring like weather! I can't believe it's this nice in March. They're talking the possibility of snow for us on Monday, but nothing is certain yet. If it stays rain we'll loose the last of our snow for sure.

Hi Twynn - thanks. I'm not discouraged, just ticked off. lol
I haven't had to learn to be patient with sticky scales, so it's just my impatience coming out today. I think it's because I'm so close to my goal of 50 pounds lost. I didn't think I'd EVER get there and now it's so close I can almost taste it.

Last edited by Heidi58; 03-19-2010 at 06:35 AM.
Old 03-19-2010, 06:33 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Another sunny, warm spring day here too

Heidi - thanks for getting us going this morning. I can never get it together before I've had my first mug of coffee
Add me to people who saw weeks without a loss when I got near goal. It's going to get a little slower the closer you get.

Mmc - Enjoy the sunshine

Twynn - I'm having the worst time with the clock thing! I hope this weekend I settle into a new routine. What a great day to get out early

I've got a busy Friday at the office. I'm starting a new yoga class at lunchtime. My PT has someone coming in and doing a tiny class, 4 people. Should be interesting. Then tonight is a girl's night out, finally! It will be nice to see my buds after a very long stretch. Home by 9:30 to watch basketball

I'm looking forward to a weekend of spring cleaning and early gardening with a couple of long walks thrown in
Old 03-19-2010, 06:45 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Morning, Chicklets! Any coffee left?

Jake took the day off and we both indulged in a sleep-in this morning. We need to get our arses in gear, though, because the water company will be showing up soon to dig up our front yard to fix a broken water pipe. That may have been part of the reason for our basement flood, and our poor sump pump just couldn't keep up with it. It's all dried out now and I hope these guys don't cause another flood in there while they are working!
It's going to be another gorgeous day and after I get some errands run, I plan to spend the rest of the day being outside as much as possible.

Wishing you all a fabulous Friday!
Old 03-19-2010, 07:16 AM   #7  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Happy Happy Friday! I'm so excited!

Heidi, It's always Auston's favorite when there is a "Green Light" to go outside and play. I bet they get to go today, too.

Mmc, It's always easier to do Ph1 after a big trip to the grocery.

Twynn, There really isn't a good time for the time change. I do love the extra daylight with this one.

Cyndi, My dream would be to find a lunchtime class.

Cottage, Have they fixed the walls and floors in the basement yet?

Me: I had an 11 hour work day yesterday, so I'm off at 2:00 today. YAY!!! It's going to be beautiful sunny and warm today -- the first day out of the 50s in a long time! Bring on Birkenstocks!

It's going to be a busy weekend. Auston was invited to a Young Author's Conference. He had to write a book. He dictated every word and colored every picture. I put it all together as a book. It's very good, called "Fishing with my Dad." He's going to be famous! Tomorrow night, I'm going to a Bunco game, which is a fundraiser for the Relay for Life. I'm hoping for a date with my sweet hubby at some point this weekend, but that may be asking too much with the basketball tournament. We'll see...

Hope everyone has a great Friday!
Old 03-19-2010, 08:29 AM   #8  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning chicks We are expecting snow today so will now probably delay our departure to tomorrow and hopefully drive straight home. Of course the snow will be there tomorrow! So it may be slow going.

I had a stupid freak accident yesterday and hurt my shoulder so will be sitting alone in the condo today, wishing I had brought more than one book and trying not to snack. I am trying to be optimistic but suspect this could derail my exercise routine for a while. Very bad since I have a beach vacation coming in just over a month. Sigh.

I have stayed pretty much on PH2 while on vacation. I cannot even begin to tell you what things I have NOT eaten that the others with me were enjoying. But I came very close to one taste of chocolate mousse last night and then decided that I did not want to admit a cheat on the spring challenge. Love that challenge!

It actually is hard to type so no personals... but rambling as I watch the weather forecasts. Can't wait to catch up when I get home. I'm sure I will bbl.
Old 03-19-2010, 09:27 AM   #9  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning chicks.

I am so mad at myself I could spit.

I did well yesterday. Went to the reception. Stayed away from ALL the food. Had a glass of wine and only had 4 sips! Then I got home and you know what I did? I ordered pizza. Bad, bad pizza. Ever since reading the dining out book, I craved this bad pizza, it was in my head and I couldn't control it, or myself I ate half. I did leave the other half out on purpose so I could not eat it and I woke up with the craving satiated. I don't want anything else so I guess that is a good outcome of a poor decision.

I am also upset with DW - one of the agreements we had was she would go to Maine for the week IF she cleaned the house (to my standards that is. She thinks clean is picking up a tissue but leaving everything around it). She did great with the 500 sq. feet upstairs but didn't touch downstairs. When I was unemployed, the house WAS my job. She was in school and working full-time, which is what I am doing now. It just leaves me so hurt and frustrated. So, now my weekend is shot, between homework and cleaning. I want to get out to food shop too so the plan for me is to clean out the fridge tonight, take stock of what I need and want (oh sweet bell peppers and green beans and *swoon* veggies!) and try to get the bad out of my system.

I really think this time change thing sucks and my body won't adjust. It's rebelling. And I don't like it.

Happy Friday all!

Karen-Feel better!
Chelby-
Cyn- Yoga at lunch? You are dedicated

Happy sunshiny day to the rest of you chicks!

Last edited by jenne1017; 03-19-2010 at 09:28 AM.
Old 03-19-2010, 09:32 AM   #10  
Be happy.

Hi Cyndi, Hi Cottage

Chelby, your post made me smile. It's supposed to be beautiful here today - we're hoping to hit 50's. lol I guess everything is relative, eh?

Karen, I'm so sorry to read about your shoulder. I hope you heal quickly. Nice work staying on plan despite all the temptations! I'm very impressed. I always 'take a bite' of DH's yummy things. Lucky for me he's a good sport about sharing one bite - and not happy about sharing MORE than one bite. lol I hope you find something fun to do in the condo.
Old 03-19-2010, 09:34 AM   #11  
Be happy.

Hi Jenn - I guess we were posting at the same time.
Enjoy your grocery shopping and don't forget to pick up all the yummy foods you love but don't eat while DW is home.
Old 03-19-2010, 09:36 AM   #12  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

It's snowy and slushy here, so I guess you Eastern chicks are going to have a little burst in the bubble, as I have. We're still planning to go to Utah tomorrow after our therapy dog eval, but it looks like things are going to clear up.
Karen, sorry to hear about your shoulder. I hope you have a safe trip home-maybe it will have passed on by.

Chelby, I hope your weather stays nice!

Cottage, yuck, another mess! Enjoy your time outside!

Cyndi, I hope your new yoga class is good. I like small classes.

Twynn, I have to taste before sending stuff out, too.

Mmc, have a great day!

Jenn, I hope you feel better and hop right back. Sometimes I need to get something off my brain, then move on.

Ok, my connection is poor this AM, so I'm going to sign out and work towards the pool.

Have a great day everyone!

PS-Kari I hope you're feeling better. I'm glad that was you not me. It pained me just reading.

Heidi, thanks for getting us started, and I'm glad Fergie is home. Sorry, I don't have info on nearing goal yet.
Old 03-19-2010, 09:48 AM   #13  

Default Personal milestone

I just needed to post my own personal milestone.

I stepped on the wii this morning, just for a "quick test". I have lost 12 lbs! I had gained a couple of pounds last week, but that was just TOM, so I didn't freak out, or give up.

Not only did I break the 10 lb barrier, but I also broke the 290! I am 288 this morning.
Old 03-19-2010, 10:16 AM   #14  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning from (finally) sunny and warm Florida! Yesterday was colder than Ontario but today is going to be in the low 70s with sun.

My "kids" "lost" me yesterday but I made my way back to the hotel and they showed up shortly afterwards. Today I will have the walkie talkie no matter who wants to borrow it. They don't have cell phones!

We're off to Epcot this morning and I am not one bit worried about my legs not holding up or gettied too tired. I didn't get down into the 180' but I'm still full of zip! That bodes well for my Italian trip.

I don't even want to talk about food but I am thinking South Beach as much as possible - even drank a glass of skim milk this morning which astonished the kids. Today we are going to see if we can stalk down more veggies and are going out to a Mexican restaurant tonight - think beans!

Have a great TGIF! MIckey says hi!
Old 03-19-2010, 10:28 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Good day, everyone!

This waking up late and limited internet time at the office is KILLING my online social life. Oh well. We're more productive and that's the important thing. Things are going well, but my eating hasn't been great. I'm going to get back on track as of right now and hope for a decent weigh-in on Monday. If I didn't gain, I'll be happy.

Well, off to work. I don't want to have my online access removed, so I'll get out of here as quick as possible. I hope everyone's well and that I have time to catch up this weekend!
Closed Thread