South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 03-15-2010, 12:16 PM   #1  

Lightbulb Phase I Super Simple Daily Meal Plans

Please post your most simple and satisfying meal plans here to help those of us just starting out. I have 5 kids and work full time and do not have time for even 15 minutes in the kitchen sometimes. I need some super quick, super simple daily meal plans!
timswifeforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 01:11 PM   #2  
So close to onederland...

S/C/G: 271/ticker/160

Height: 5'-8"

So... not sure if this is simple enough, but it has been working for me.

B: 2 eggs, 2 slices turkey bacon, 1 c asparagus
Sn: 1/2 c cottage cheese, sprinkle of peanuts
Lunch: Salad: spinach, lettuce, tomato, sliced up turkey lunch meat, balsamic (0 sugar) dressing
Sn: Mozzarella string cheese, broccoli florets
D: chicken, steamable vegetables: edamame, broccoli, etc.
Dessert: Ricotta peanutbutter mix

It turns out to be approx 1400 calories daily (don't know if you watch that or not).
sprklemajik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 08:57 PM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

I like the website, Kalyn's Kitchen-just google her. She has all kinds of SBD recipe ideas. She has P1 breakfast casseroles that are easy to make, and can last several days. I always mix eggs and egg beaters. I can whip them up really quickly now.

I pretty much always have the same lunch; a big salad with all kinds of veggies, topped with chicken and beans. I use my favorite SBD friendly salad dressing and mix in some salsa.

I'm not clear if you're cooking dinner for you and the kids. I like casseroles because everything gets thrown in one dish. Taco Bake is a favorite here. In a pinch, I'll grab a roasted chicken from the grocery. If I was rushed, and had to feed a group, I'd probably start looking to crock pot recipes-soups, chili, etc.

On P1, I always made sure to have all kinds of approved snacks. For me, that meant when I got home and needed a quick snack, I could just grab.

My sweets on P1 were always SF jello and SF candies.

I hope this helps. Since I only cook for 2, I'm probably not much help.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 03:18 AM   #4  
no longer single

S/C/G: 225/220.5/150

Height: 5'5"

my super simple meal is actually a phase 2 and but i'm sure you could convert to phase 1....

walmart frozen salmon patties....spray oven pan and throw in 1 or 2 patties and bake for half hour while microwaving a sweet potato and/or frozen veggies

also, i love those steamer bags you can put in frozen meat of choice right from freezer and veggies and be done in 10 minutes
me4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 08:18 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

I do a lot of my stuff at night.

On Sunday night, I made my bean and sausage soup for the week. I also made a pot of black beans to use for various things.

Monday, I made an omelette with left over grilled veggies from the night before; lunch was the prior made soup; dinner was crack slaw. For some reason, crack slaw only takes 15-20 minutes to make. (I remember hating making homemade stir fry because it took so long)

Last night, I baked egg muffins, and a spaghetti squash. So, today I had egg muffins for breakfast, soup again for lunch (I LOVE this soup, doesn't bother me to have it several days in a row!), and spagetti with supper. I'll grate a zucchini and yellow squash into the sauce (store bought) while it cooks...more veggies for all.

With my work schedule and 2 young children, I just don't have the time at dinner time either!
TwynnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 10:11 PM   #6  

S/C/G: Pregnant, due 5/30/10.

Height: 5'9

Wow, you've got your work cut out for you with 5 kids and a full time job! My hat is off to you...

If I were really rushed for time I would probably put together breakfasts and lunch made from snacks, and put together more of an effort for dinner - doing prep work the night before if necessary, or even make meals over the weekend that can be put in the freezer.

Breakfast could be a hard-boiled egg or like others have mentioned or one of those egg casserole cups made in a muffin tin (cook up a batch on Sunday evening to get you through a work week), piece of string cheese, and a handful of nuts. (When I got sick of eggs, I loved having a bowl of lentil soup for breakfast - usually from a can.)

Lunch could be a few lunch meat roll-ups and a big salad. Go through the list of "legal foods" and piece together your favorites to get you through the day!

I'm a little out of practice as to what's for dinner because I haven't done Phase 1 in a long time. But here are two quick dinners I can think of - taco salad for you and tacos for the kids. Some of the older kids could get in on assembling the "buffet" while you brown the beef or vegan crumbles together with some seasoning. Don't forget the beans if you like them, and make up enough for lunch leftovers!

I also love crock pot soups that can be made the night before. Tuesday is always a busy work day for me, so today I made chili in the crock pot - http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Slow-Co...li/Detail.aspx - I already had browned beef in the freezer from a big batch I whipped up another time, and I chopped the onion and green pepper last night before bed, so it was a matter of throwing it together in the morning.

Good luck!!!
kleo is offline   Reply With Quote