Rocco DiSpirito made bean brownies on GMA!

• I was watching Good Morning America today and chef Rocco D. made black bean brownies on the show! I guess I really should give them a try after all.

To find his recipe, go to the recipe section of GMA's website (ABC News).
  • Here's the link to the recipe:

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/recipe?id=9978369
  • I saw that too. I told DW: to make those 53 cals, he HAD to have used black beans and sure enough, BAM!

Oh wait, wrong host
  • Jenn - That cracked me up! Love your holiday theme, BTW.

Dr. Oz had some black bean brownies on at one point too. I have yet to try them. I worry I will like them too much and I am getting along fine now without.
  • His recipe sounds pretty good, but just remember to substitute an SBD friendly margarine for the butter to make these OP.
  • THanks Karen -- try to do it every month. DW was all like "why does he look so labored like he INVENTED those? Kara did!"

• I had made a similar recipe from Splenda that used black beans. They were pretty good.
  • I was kind of surprised to see him promote black bean brownies because they've been around a long time. I was diappointed that almost everyone on the GMA board hated his version. Too bad.

Barbara
  • Hi Barbara, and welcome to the forum!

Jenn, that's hilarious what Nicole said! I certainly didn't invent them - just tweaked the recipe.
  • Kara -- in our minds, tweaking it this way IS inventing. They are baking now and smell DIVINE. DW can't nap they smell so good!