South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 09:33 AM   #16  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi-We're over the hill and unpacked-beautiful sunrise and it's supposed to be almost 60 in Denver.

Twynn, hope you got a run in. Bike ride was so so-it's going to take a bit to get back in shape so I can enjoy again-did see robins and geese and smelled a skunk.

Cottage, my ride took 44 min-should take 30...huff..puff...I hope your day is as normal as expected.

Cyndi, I hope this day brings something good. Mushroom barley sounds great. I wish I would have splurged for the Wii since this cold has dragged on...and on...

Lauren, we have a house near my Mom-I'm headed down with her. Glad you had fun in Vegas!

Ruth, we cruise through the mtns on I-70, but I often think of the settlers and their struggles...it must have been gruesome. I hope the meds help.

Chelby, warmer weather sounds great.

Kara

Karen, good idea to see if the leak is fixed before carpet. Where are you staying in Den?

Lisa, good for you finding an acceptable sub for UCT. That's half the battle-new habits!

Tammie, contact a local hospital and see if they have a contact for a therapy program. In the states there is Delta Society, www.deltasociety.org , and another, that most of the groups work with. Many times they can guide you to someone local

Heidi, wow-no internet and lunch on the same day. Hope both are resolved soon!
Old 03-02-2010, 09:48 AM   #17  
Becoming.

S/C/G: 282/266.1/165

Height: 5'3

Happy happy joy joy it's March 2 and sunny here in Western Wisconsin. The coffee is on, I'm in a good mood and I have time for personals. Woo!!

Foodobsessed- good morning! (like 5 hrs later....lol) 3:45 is SOOO EARLY! but sometimes the quiet of the early morning hours... and to hear the birds wake and the world come to life is pretty darn cool.

Lexxiss - sorry you had a crappy February. I did too. But it's March and I'm ready for a new start and I bet you are too!

TwynnB - yay for mornin' coffee! and that Black Bean soup sounds delish. So does Taco Salad. Hmm.. beginning to think I'm hungry.

Cottage - *clinks coffee mugs with you* hehehe

Cyndi - You know... I made those chick pea thingies and they just turned out soggy Maybe I'll have to give it another go. All those things you mentioned sound very yummy though.

Maryjaneld - It is SO tough to stay OP when everyone around you indulges. I think you did a great job. After all, this IS life... and it should be full of fun and revelry. With a little bit of discipline and balance, right?

Ruthxxx - People bring their dogs to church? huh. Never would have thought that. I suppose it's no different than a cat weaving its way in and out of a spiritual circle. Kinda neat, actually.

Chelby - 35 and raining ... and school is delayed? You must be south of Wisconsin then... cuz we don't delay school unless we've had an ice storm or it's like 30 below. LOL

Tomandkara - holy wowsers you have a busy day. Just reading that made me want to take a nap.

Waistingtime - so glad you are less stressed today! may you have a day of peace and calm

Weezle - 5lbs down! and ooooh does that grilled cheese sound nummy! Hope you are back to health quickly.

Tammie - *waves* good morning!

Eta: Heidi - Dr. Seuss is awesome! that sounds like soooo much fun! I hope you can figure out something for lunch...

As for me.... I got sooooo much done yesterday. I'm freaking proud of myself. I have a few things on the to do list today but other than that I'm thinking a good book, a walk and a phone call to Grandma. Last night I watched a German movie called Wings of Desire. Beautiful. It is definitely now a favorite. If you like artsy, subtitled, foreign films (mostly) in black and white... give it a shot. It's streaming on Netflix right now

Have a beautiful day!
Kari

Last edited by gothik butterfly; 03-02-2010 at 09:50 AM.
Old 03-02-2010, 01:42 PM   #18  

S/C/G: maintaining

Lisa - I hope everyone feels better soon.

Twynn - That looks yummy. I love that site!

Tammie - Have a great day.

Heidi - I actually blogged about the good doctor today I can still recite most of Green Eggs and Ham from memory. Good luck with your internet... funny how we lived for so long without it!

Debbie - 60!! Glad you got there safely. Don't laugh... we are staying near REI and the Sports Authority outlet. DH wants to shop! Let me know if you have any restaurant suggestions in that part of town.

Kari - Your spirit today is infectious

I am off to get my hair cut and colored. It was looking pretty bad.
Old 03-02-2010, 01:45 PM   #19  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

And I'm off for a nap without dogs as bedmates!

ETA: 2:51 Jazz sat and whimpered outside the door and I had to let him in. He snuggled in and then started to attack my neck. I gave up!
Old 03-02-2010, 03:11 PM   #20  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Afternoon all!

I wasn't going to post as my menu is not great today but after such a sh!tty yesterday (like, I lost 5 lbs in tears alone, not really but you get the point) I made sure I stayed OP (though ate a whole Kashi pizza myself) and decided to stay home today: work had a catered lunch, I had my own special menu moreso than just SBD living and I just didn't think I could do it.

I am glad I did. I think all your good vibes helped because, despite my horrid menu for today (4 hard boiled eggs, 1 SF Jello, 1 SF Jello pudding and a milkshake made with NSA ice cream and skim milk), I am feeling better. After 5p, it's all liquids (chicken broth for dinner, yum) and the colonoscopy is tomorrow at 12:30p. I am just ready to be done with this all! FOR GOOD.

So yes, thank for the willpower and the good vibes. They worked.

Last edited by jenne1017; 03-02-2010 at 03:12 PM.
Closed Thread