3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Hello, I'm new here! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/195577-hello-im-new-here.html)

Liguori 02-28-2010 11:02 PM

Hello, I'm new here!

Hello, I'm new here, and I hope I'm introducing myself in the appropriate place! I joined a few days ago, and since joining, I've been reading a lot! This site is wonderful and so full of information!

A little history about me: I have been following the SBD for almost 2 weeks now, and I am really enjoying the quantity of food, as well as the variety. I am a recent "convert," as I was an avid follower of the Carbohydrate Addict's Lifespan Program since March of 2007, and I originally lost 121 pounds. In the past six months, I have gained almost 10 pounds back, but have maintained within that range. I thought I'd try the SBD, to see if I could jump start my weight loss again. Like I mentioned, I am really enjoying all of the foods on Phase 1. The weight loss is slow and minimal, but I plan on giving myself time to see how I adapt to the plan.

Like I mentioned, I've been busy reading so many posts, and I have to say that I appreciate the knowledge that is here! I'm glad to have found you all! :) Thanks for letting me share just a bit, and I hope to get to know you all!

Stephanie

tomandkara 02-28-2010 11:49 PM

Welcome, Stephanie! Congrats on your wonderful success so far on your journey! You are absolutely right that this way of eating produces a slow and minimal weight loss over the short term, but it is sustainable and very healthy.

We're glad to have you here!

Heidi58 03-01-2010 06:07 AM

Hello Stephanie :welcome2:
It's great to have you here. Checking in here every day and reading posts is what keeps me motivated and going strong. I'm glad you found us!

Kslosingit 03-01-2010 12:12 PM

Welcome! Congrats on your success so far! My weight loss with SB has also been slow (about 1 lb a week after the first 2) but I keep telling myself that's a healthy amount and I am more likely to keep it off this way!
I look forward to seeing you around here!

KattC 03-01-2010 03:46 PM

Hey Stephanie! I'm new here too and I can't wait to get to know you and everyone else. Good luck on your weight loss!

jenne1017 03-01-2010 04:23 PM

:welcome:!

Liguori 03-01-2010 07:48 PM

Thanks for the warm welcomes!

Hi everyone -- thank you for your kind welcomes!

Chysmom 03-04-2010 12:31 PM

Getting Back on Track

I haven't been on here in nearly 2 years. Since my last log on my weight has fluctuated up and down, but I am close to my previous starting weight. I have tried several diets and know that they simply don't work. I need to make a LIFESTYLE change. I need to increase exercise as I am fairly sedentary at work and home and need to look at food in a new light. Yesterday I went to my doctor with shortness of breath and they did an EKG, it came back abnormal so they scheduled an echocardiogram for today. Needless to say I was up all night worried sick thinking that this could be the end. I am a 31 year old mother to an 11 year old daughter. I want to meet my maker, but not yet! I kept thinking about my family and what would happen if I was gone. My daughter lost her father a little over 2 years ago to an accidental OD. I have a wonderful husband and my daughter thinks the world of her step-dad, but I couldn't bear the thought of her losing her mommy too at such a young age. I prayed and cried a lot and came to the realization that enough is enough. The time to make a change is NOW! I have researched so many weight loss plans and after reading the SBD book I noticed that food is limited temporarily, not forever and that as long as you make the right choices there is a definite way to make this change permanent. I won't get my results back from the doctor until next Thursday after I do a stress test, but I am definitely using this as a wake up call. No more I will start tomorrow, no more non-chalant attitude about my weight. I want to be healthy, active and most of all a good role model for my daughter and family.