South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 06:48 AM   #31  
Be happy.

Good morning!
Ruth that forsythia is a sign of spring for sure!

We got more snow overnight, I'm tempted to just ignore what's on the steps and walks, it's supposed to get warmer this afternoon and I'm wondering if it might just melt if we ignore it. lol I'll have to see if I can keep Fergie distracted til after church.

Pearlrose, I remember the whole prom dress shopping thing! Best of luck to you and your daughter. We did our shopping 10 years ago and it was tough finding stylish dresses with enough coverage then. I expect it's even more difficult now. (Very few wear short dresses to the proms here, either. I go over to the promenade just about every year because there are always youth group girls there and they like it when I sneak in with my camera. I do see one or two short dresses, but the vast majority wear long ones.)

Okie, that was some nap! We'll have to start calling you Rip Van Winkle!

Debbie are you feeling better this morning? And did you get that bag finished?

Good morning to the rest of you. Have a restful, relaxing last day of February.

Last edited by Heidi58; 02-28-2010 at 06:53 AM. Reason: Too early to type I guess. ;)
Old 02-28-2010, 06:49 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Happy last day of February!

There's no fresh coat of snow on top of what we already have, for a welcome change this morning. I still don't know when I'll finally be able to see what's happening in the ground beneath all this white stuff. Sometimes snow acts as an insulator, though, so there may be some surprises.

Our tax guy is due here at 8:30, and I have a breakfast casserole and a cinnamon flop in the oven for him. He's a friend of Jake's who's been doing our taxes for ages, and it's nice that he comes right to our house.

Monica and Carley came out yesterday, and we had so much fun playing the winter olympics on the Wii. Caite ended up having to work, so we're going to try to sync our Wii's today. You can even access the internet and send email on the Wii. That thing is just amazing! I'll go for my usual visit to Mom & Dad's today, too, and hopefully Dustin, Andrea, and the kids will be feeling well enough later to join us for supper.
Old 02-28-2010, 07:47 AM   #33  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning Everyone

I'm still moving a bit slowly, and I was starting to wonder if my back had to do with getting sick, before I read Ruth's post Ruth, I hope you don't get super duper sick.

Heidi, I'm going to sew this AM-I'm passing on Church not wanting to pass germs around.

I'll probably pop in later-right now-
Old 02-28-2010, 07:53 AM   #34  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning The cats actually let us sleep in today! Last night after the game I showed them the clock and explained the whole sleeping in thing. They pointed out that they had not had their treats yet. We reached an understanding. Maybe it worked

Okie - Wow, if i sleep 7 hours I'm excited Have you decided what exercise you want to start with? What do you enjoy doing?

Ruth - Thanks for the forsythia. It's just what I need this morning.
Chicken soup, plenty of rest, tea with fresh ginger, lemon and agave, and get thee to a doctor in the morning

Heidi - Looks like it will be warm enough for the slow melt here this week. Of course then we get an early mud season

Cottage - I've been tempted to rent the Olympic and Sports Resort games. Our video store friends also rent games. hope the taxes are good news.

Jenne - Great job at dinner Can't wait to hear about your trip.

Debbie - See note to Ruth. Take good care of yourself my friend

I love weekends Nothing too stressful on tap today. We've got some cleaning to do and I'll make a pot of soup for the week.

Tonight is dinner out for our first date anniversary. We met on the internet so the first date was a big deal We talked about going to a movie too but I'm going to hold out for Alice next weekend. Don't know why but I love that story and I love Johnny Depp so am really looking forward to it.

The banana blueberry mock coffee cake was a success. It mimics a nice moist banana bread. My brain turned to less innocent things this morning when I saw the leftovers though My Mom used to make choc. chip pb squares and it occurred to me I could do that with this recipe. Uh oh

On that note time to do the official weigh in for Feb. Not looking forward to it because I'm sure I haven't lost anything. I just hope I'm not up for the month. This whole age thing is a real drag.
Old 02-28-2010, 07:58 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I hope you and Ruth get to feeling better real soon, Debbie.

I had to giggle at the new name, "Kittywillow". I actually like that term better and will start calling them by that.

Heidi and Pearl, I was helping my granddaughter Caitlyn shop for her prom gown a couple years ago, and we had quite a time finding a dress that wasn't too revealing. I think after looking at gowns in dozens of shops, we finally found the perfect gown at Deb's. Most of the dresses either make you look like a slut or look like prude nowadays.

Happy Anniversary to you and Julie, Cyndi!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 02-28-2010 at 08:01 AM.
Old 02-28-2010, 08:08 AM   #36  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning all.

FoodO - You will be glad you did. Just start slowly and add gradually. Exercise, I mean.

Ruth - Yikes - bronchitis. Hope you are better soon. Ha ha - I get it!

Heidi - Let it melt!

Cottage - How nice to have a taxman who does house calls, on the weekend, no less. Cinnamon flops sounds intriguing.

Debbie - I hope you feel better soon.

Cyndi - Funny about the cats. What kind of soup? I am so out of touch that I have no idea what movies are out there.

I can't decide if I have girl-envy today, since I only have boys and won't ever shop for dresses, or if I am glad I don't have to deal with it! I don't know about prom here, yet, but can say that for the other formals, the girls all had low-cut or strapless and very, very short dresses. They looked great but... really made my eyebrows rise.

MIL is coming today to watch DS's bball game. No time to cook so Chinese carry-out for dinner. I will choose as healthy as possible but that is never good.
Old 02-28-2010, 08:19 AM   #37  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning all! Had a great day of pretty much doing nothing but playing (other than some house cleaning and laundry) We had some other fun too. Since I'm waiting for my zumba dvds, I did a little searching to find some videos online. I found this one and my husband and I had a blast. I know I looked totally stupid, but it was fun and we laughed a lot. My son walked through the room and just shook his head. I need to invest in the right shoes though before I kill myself.

Today is grocery store and posting some grades and doing my fingernails. Life is good.

Last edited by femmecreole; 02-28-2010 at 08:21 AM.
Old 02-28-2010, 09:51 AM   #38  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

How quickly our plans change. We just decided to make a Trader Joe run this afternoon before dinner. For us that's a whole afternoon so a well planned trip. I'd been thinking we would go next weekend but decided I'd like to have the option to go to the coast next weekend instead. It's way too much driving for me to do both in one weekend. DW also pointed out that the theater near the hotel we use can do 3D so might be able to stay over and see Alice in 3D! This is why we never got a new dog after Fox the Wonder Dog died. We are very spur of the moment

I've made a really good breakfast discovery. First a disclaimer - I like strong tastes, it's one of the tricks I learned along the way. I find something with a lot of flavor more satisfying and eat smaller amounts. I picked up some soft goat cheese with herbs and olives for a recipe. The recipe called for 1 oz, so I had 3 ounces left. Turns out it only has 4.5g of fat per serving, exactly the same as the rf cheese I'd been using. I scramble an egg in the microwave with 1 serving of the cheese. It is so rich and flavorful. I've been making s shortcut salsa with black beans, avocado, lime juice and salsa on the side. My taste buds are very satisfied and happy.

Karen - I've been thinking about the black bean tomatillo soup in the crockpot. It will make perfect lunches with some spinach mixed in (One dish lunches make my life simpler).

Cat - enjoy your day

Now to make my TJ's list.

Last edited by CyndiM; 02-28-2010 at 06:39 PM.
Old 02-28-2010, 10:02 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

I like dancing, so I guess I'll start with that! When it's truly Spring, I'll ad walking! Fall is my fave. season, not too hot or too cold.
Old 02-28-2010, 11:24 AM   #40  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning,

Ruth and Debbie feel better.

Cyndi - I am dying to see the inside of a Traders Joe, none here. Will take a few pictures of my earrings soon.

Cottage - hope your news on taxes is good. I am dreading the process. DH usually does ours and he goes out and buys some scotch and has a glass close by while he is doing them.

Heidi - ignore the snow, it will go away eventually

FO - start dancing now.

its hockey afternoon here. The olympics have been just great for us Canadians, and if we get a gold medal this afternoon its a beaten record. The most ever won in winter olympics has been 13. Do I sound like a proud Canuk.
take care
Sophie

Pearl - I still remember shopping for a prom dress even though it was ages ago. Finally picked a pattern and made one myself.

Karen - glad to see that you can relax a bit this weekend.
Old 02-28-2010, 03:24 PM   #41  

Height: 5' 7"

Good afternoon everyone,

Didn't have time to pop in this morning because DH wanted to go to Cowboy church in St. Louis since PBR is in town so we went there.

We had success finally yesterday after visiting 3 bridal shops and 2 different Malls. Cottage we actually found it at Deb's- our mall doesn't have that store but am told we will have one next year. It's long and pink but it looks really cute on DD1 and even though it's strapless it doesn't show any cleveage at all.

We are going over to DS gf's house for dinner to meet her parents in a couple of hours.

Have a wonderful afternoon everyone.
Old 02-28-2010, 10:50 PM   #42  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Hi All-

Got my instructions for Wed's colonoscopy and all day Tuesday I am supposed to eat pudding, jell-o and milkshakes. No fruit though. I bought some NSA ice cream and SF pudding and jello but ick on this! I was hoping to go back to PH1 for a few days but that must wait until Thursday now. Tomorrow will be clean Ph2 eating...I went more off track this weekend than I had wanted to and am finding it hard to get back on.

Oh well, back to the grind, and my water!
Closed Thread