3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   NSV: My butt looks like what?! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/195157-nsv-my-butt-looks-like-what.html)

KicknKnit 02-24-2010 12:10 PM

NSV: My butt looks like what?!

We are dealing with a nasty snowstorm today.. but I had to go to work.. meh.

I put on my favorite khaki pants today.. I thought they were a bit loose but they are my favorite pants to wear on yucky weather days... not quite jeans but not 100% dressy either.

The receptionist (who I love dearly: she's everybody's grandmother and I know she said this with love)

"Honey, you need to get rid of those pants. They are too big on you and your butt looks like my father's in those pants.. good ol' droopy drawers. Go shopping"

Awesome.

mizzmoe01 02-24-2010 12:12 PM

That's great! I think... Yeah it is! Her intentions were in the right place. And baggy pants means your doing something right! Congrats!

evoo 02-24-2010 12:14 PM

LOL! That is cute. And it's nice when you get those comments out of love and caring. Now.. GO SHOPPING! What are you waiting for? ;)

KicknKnit 02-24-2010 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evoo (Post 3170215)
What are you waiting for?

The weather to cooperate! LOL!

I think I'm going to go the eco-friendly route.. I don't want to spend a lot of $$ on new clothes since I'll be losing more weight still.. these pants will be going to the Goodwill Store and hopefully I can find some thing there for my newly shrunken butt

jenne1017 02-24-2010 12:21 PM

awww my dad used to call us droppy drawers when us kids had a wet diaper ;)

Awesome compliment!

CyndiM 02-24-2010 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KicknKnit (Post 3170229)
The weather to cooperate! LOL!

I think I'm going to go the eco-friendly route.. I don't want to spend a lot of $$ on new clothes since I'll be losing more weight still.. these pants will be going to the Goodwill Store and hopefully I can find some thing there for my newly shrunken butt

I bet you're going to my favorite Goodwill store :) That place kept me in clothes the whole time I was losing. Have fun!

KicknKnit 02-24-2010 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyndiM (Post 3170244)
I bet you're going to my favorite Goodwill store :) That place kept me in clothes the whole time I was losing. Have fun!

Fuller Road?

1oftheLuvs 02-24-2010 12:42 PM

Good for you! :carrot:

I actually think I can lose at least 80 pounds before I need to go shopping... I've got a good supply of clothes in about 5 different sizes in my closet(S) :o

tinkin3 02-24-2010 12:47 PM

Excellent. Those are the kind of remarks we all want to hear!

Kslosingit 02-24-2010 02:13 PM

Definitely a compliment! Have fun thrift shopping for smaller pants!! I wish we had a decent local Goodwill store here!

CyndiM 02-24-2010 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KicknKnit (Post 3170288)
Fuller Road?

Ohh, I didn't know about that one. I meet my Mom in Albany a couple of times a year to go to Sal's but I can never convince her to drive out to Troy. Nice to know there's another Goodwill nearby. (I'm an Albany refugee ;) )

Releve 02-24-2010 02:41 PM

ROFL!! I hope you gave her a big hug! Take her advice and shop till you drop!

zeffryn 02-24-2010 02:45 PM

1oftheluvs - I'm with you! I have 3 different sizes in my closet now and two more in our storage closet. I'm giving myself two years on the clothes in the storage closet or they are getting thrifted!

femmecreole 02-24-2010 05:30 PM

Way to go....gotta love them droopy drawers!!!!

Speaking of which...one the kids' today in class...he needed to pull up his pants...one of the kids said "Tywonne, I can see your drawers!!"...
then I said "well, at least he's wearing them!" The kids thought I was "hilarious" (one of our vocabulary words this week....you never know when a vocabulary word can be worked into a conversation!)

murphmitch 02-24-2010 06:32 PM

Congratulations on the NSV. Hope you can find some smaller ones soon! Springtime coming makes me want to go clothes shopping.