South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 08:01 AM   #46  

S/C/G: maintaining

Litar - yes... it is a mom thing. I can get very worked up watching. And my son has banned me from talking but one week I gasped so loudly when he got knocked down that a teammate thanked me from the bench because the ref called a foul. How old are your boys?

Ruth - OMG - I need one too! I am spending way more time on my computer now and discovered how horrible mine is to sit in too long. I hope you back improves quickly.

Cottage - Sadly I am up early most mornings... but today I just got to posting sooner and the rest of the early birds were later I love the quiet in my house at this hour but think I would benefit from the sleep. Your day sounds so perfect - filled with your family.

Cyndi - I have an image of a freezer for my ... ahem... chest. Brrr. Thanks for the dehydrator tips.

Twynn - I am so glad your DS loves her hair - I struggled with being a redhead. Got called carrot top a lot. My boys both have dark hair.

Heidi - Enjoy your day. Open windows sounds so nice.

So here is my plug... please add bios if you don't have one already. I find myself wondering things as I read all these posts and go to the bio thread for background. I really like getting to know you all
Old 02-21-2010, 08:05 AM   #47  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaistingTime View Post
So here is my plug... please add bios if you don't have one already. I find myself wondering things as I read all these posts and go to the bio thread for background. I really like getting to know you all
Ditto, here. I asked one of the beachers to help add my bio to my sig, so it was easier for others to find.(She had hers linked). It takes a minute, but it does load.
Old 02-21-2010, 09:55 AM   #48  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Quick flyby for me this morning need to get ready for church. Didn't end up getting to go ice skating yesterday, DH wanted to stop at a mall and there were 3 wrestlers signing autographs so we ended up staying 7 hours there..not going to a mall for a looong time again.

We are going to go ice skating after church.

Will try to stop in later this evening.
Old 02-21-2010, 10:35 AM   #49  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Ruth- feel better!

I did get the book read and, best surprise ever? The last 200+ pages were copies of memos so the books was shorter than I had originally thought! going to eat breakfast and Wii Fit (yay me) before sitting down for 8 hours to write it though.

Ahhhh, nothing like [good] procrastination!

Happy Sunday y'all!
Old 02-21-2010, 10:59 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 268/ticker/159

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning Everyone,

Up waaaay too early... One of our kittens found something very loud to play with at O' Dark 30 this morning.

We weren't able to find our original South Beach book when we decided to start again, so we ordered a copy of the Super Charged book and got it a couple of days ago.... I was up late reading it, so a nap is definitely in order this afternoon.

There is a winter storm warning for Southern Utah today, so our friends are going to wait and drive up tomorrow, which I think is a very good thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxiss View Post
Ditto, here. I asked one of the beachers to help add my bio to my sig, so it was easier for others to find.(She had hers linked). It takes a minute, but it does load.
Debbie... Of course once I saw this I had to go take a peak at your bio... Where/when did you live in Alaska? My husband and I lived in North Pole for about 10 years... 1996 to 2006.

Have a great day on the beach!
Old 02-21-2010, 11:27 AM   #51  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1oftheLuvs View Post
Debbie... Of course once I saw this I had to go take a peak at your bio... Where/when did you live in Alaska? My husband and I lived in North Pole for about 10 years... 1996 to 2006.
I'm was born in Colorado, but spent most of my adult life in Homer (23 yrs). I've never been to North Pole, but had friend connetions to the original Santa Claus house family, so heard lots about it. How did you get there?? Btw, I was through Utah last week-through Moab heading South to the Hopi res in Arizona. Lots of snow!!!
Old 02-21-2010, 11:45 AM   #52  

Debbie - I missed you sneak in earlier.

Quote:
I think we should all do this! But I tried to figure it out on my own and could not. Can anyone easily explain it?

Good morning Rose, Jenn and 1luv
Old 02-21-2010, 11:51 AM   #53  

Afternoon all! Today was supposed to be a me-day but due to an outage at DH's work, I've barely had any time to myself at all, and ended up with our niece to look after too!!

Still, I managed to get in a workout (burned 197 cals) and then to defuse the escalating levels of squabbling I dragged the kids out for a walk and... OMG... our niece is seriously unfit. I am quite gobsmacked, actually. She's six and was complaining that the first tiny hill was hard while we were still in sight of the house and we had to stop six times over 1.34 miles to let her rest. Lucas is three and he was trotting along happily without needing to stop for anything other than staring at diggers or buses. Heck, I didn't want to stop either and I'm a million times older and heavier!!

I am by no means a paragon of virtue, but I was a really active kid who ran, jumped and played loads. I can totally see now how important it is for me to get active so that Lucas stays his usual non-stop whirlwind of activity. Neither DH or I know how to broach this with his sister, so I guess I'll probably drag her out for a walk whenever I see her. Yeah... I'm still pretty surprised/saddened.
Old 02-21-2010, 12:12 PM   #54  
Be happy.

OK Karen and Debbie, I added a Beacher Bio link to my signature.
I was afraid I'd have to ditch my link to my exercise totals but I was happy to see that even with the link my signature is still in the "happy range". lol

There might be a better way, but here's how I did mine:

1. Open 2 windows. (1) Beacher Bios (2) Your user CP panel > Edit Signature.

2. Find your bio and click on the little number in the right hand top corner. That will open your bio in a new window (or tab). Copy the URL of the new window.

3. Go to your Edit Signature window and type "My Beacher Bio" or whatever you want to use as text for your link.

4. Hilight the text and click on the link button at the top of the window. (The globe with the chain links below it.) Paste in the URL.

5. Preview/and or Save. All done!
Old 02-21-2010, 12:31 PM   #55  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

I finally got on the Wii - Fit Plus was fun this AM. And I officially weighed in and am down another pound, FINALLY! I think it's the 4 days of Ph1 so I might have to listen to my body and for every day of Ph2, I might need to do a day of two of Ph1. We'll see.

Ok, really going to start my paper now!!! The GI test is tomorrow. Here's to hoping it's Crohn's (can you believe I am saying that????)!
Old 02-21-2010, 01:20 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 195/186/140

Height: 5'6

Hello everyone!
Just taking a moment to procrastinate my homework and stop in here and say hello! Went to church early this morning and I'm now hanging out in the library doing german homework and researching clothing of the 1920s. Fun. Feeling really anxious for no reason--which is a sign TOM is approaching. I hate this feeling, my hormones are making mountains out of molehills for me, no effort required!
Old 02-21-2010, 03:25 PM   #57  

Heidi - I did it! Thanks. I never noticed those little numbers before. I think we should add these instructions in the bio thread or on a sticky. Maybe I will try that too
Old 02-21-2010, 03:30 PM   #58  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi58 View Post
OK Karen and Debbie, I added a Beacher Bio link to my signature.
There might be a better way, but here's how I did mine:

1. Open 2 windows. (1) Beacher Bios (2) Your user CP panel > Edit Signature.

2. Find your bio and click on the little number in the right hand top corner. That will open your bio in a new window (or tab). Copy the URL of the new window.

3. Go to your Edit Signature window and type "My Beacher Bio" or whatever you want to use as text for your link.

4. Hilight the text and click on the link button at the top of the window. (The globe with the chain links below it.) Paste in the URL.

5. Preview/and or Save. All done!
Thanks, Heidi, for the instructions. I had already noticed your new sig!

Jenn, on another pound!

KatehSparrow, thanks for dropping by. Hope you get all your work done!

Oh, Karen, I see yours, too!

Ok, off to evaluate dogs. See ya'll later.
Old 02-21-2010, 06:31 PM   #59  

Quote:
I'm was born in Colorado, but spent most of my adult life in Homer (23 yrs). I've never been to North Pole, but had friend connetions to the original Santa Claus house family, so heard lots about it. How did you get there?? Btw, I was through Utah last week-through Moab heading South to the Hopi res in Arizona. Lots of snow!!!

I've been to Homer...

My husband is retired Air Force (26 years) and there is a base near North Pole. We lived just a couple of miles from Santa Claus House.

Isn't Southern Utah beautiful? We live in the Northern part of the State, which is also beautiful in an entirely different way. They were supposed to get up to a foot of snow in parts of the South today... while here we have sunshine and blue skies.
Old 02-21-2010, 06:44 PM   #60  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmy Slim View Post
Still, I managed to get in a workout (burned 197 cals) and then to defuse the escalating levels of squabbling I dragged the kids out for a walk and... OMG... our niece is seriously unfit. I am quite gobsmacked, actually. She's six and was complaining that the first tiny hill was hard while we were still in sight of the house and we had to stop six times over 1.34 miles to let her rest. Lucas is three and he was trotting along happily without needing to stop for anything other than staring at diggers or buses. Heck, I didn't want to stop either and I'm a million times older and heavier!!

I am by no means a paragon of virtue, but I was a really active kid who ran, jumped and played loads. I can totally see now how important it is for me to get active so that Lucas stays his usual non-stop whirlwind of activity. Neither DH or I know how to broach this with his sister, so I guess I'll probably drag her out for a walk whenever I see her. Yeah... I'm still pretty surprised/saddened.

Without knowing your niece, it occured to me that she could be seriously unfit... or she *could* just be a complainer. Does she complain about other things, or just about exercise?

I'm honestly not sure which would be worse... it may be easier to get a child fit than it is to change a negative attitude.

I do think that's definitely an issue these days with kids spending so much more time in front of a TV/computer/game console than we did... like you, when I was a kid we were outside playing Kick the Can, Red Light Green Light, and Tag.... If I tried spending more than an hour or so inside on a nice day my parents would have told me to go outside and play.

If your niece lives close enough to you that you can take her for walks then I think it would be very nice of you to take her with you... although it sounds like it would take quite a bit of patience on your part!
Closed Thread