Uncle Sam Cereal

• I just tried this and really like it. Can I have it as a snack? I really think I would like to have some instead of a sugar free sweet treat occasionally. I am currently doing one fruit and one grain each day....what do you guys think??

• http://http://www.usmillsinc.com/usm...MKbVE9WzkGOgBk

I think here is the nutrition info for the uncle sam cereal
  • I think it looks ok to me, but I am sure one of the more experienced beachers will comment.

Tammie
  • Quote: I think it looks ok to me, but I am sure one of the more experienced beachers will comment.
    Tammie
    Tammie, that's my line! haha It looks good to me, too. I have the Ezekial cereal which I occasionally use as a snack. I add a little milk and get some dairy in, too.
  • It's acceptable for SB. Here's some other SB approved cereals. I know the Fiber One now has corn bran in it, so it's not so good anymore:

(Cereals)COLD: choose low sugar with 5g or more fiber per serving

Cold Cereals (with suggested serving sizes):
    Uncle Sam Cereal (1 cup)
    Post Shredded Wheat
    Post Bran Flakes (3/4 cup)
    General Mills Fiber One (1/2 cup)
    Kashi Good Friends (3/4 cup)
    Kashi GoLean (3/4 cup)

If you eat cereal as a snack, you may want to include some protein with it, like skim milk, so it sticks with you longer, or doesn't cause cravings.
  • Yeah!!! and thanks!
  • Even though there is a list of cereals, the bottom line is look at the labels before you buy. I believe that some of the listed bran cereals now contain sugar. I think they may often make changes in their ingredients.

Cross this one off the list;
    Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
    Ingredients
    WHEAT BRAN, SUGAR, HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, MALT FLAVORING, CALCIUM PHOSPHATE, CALCIUM CARBONATE, SALT, SODIUM ASCORBATE AND ASCORBIC ACID (VITAMIN C), REDUCED IRON, NIACINAMIDE, PYRIDOXINE HYDROCHLORIDE (VITAMIN B6), RIBOFLAVIN, (VITAMIN B2), FOLIC ACID, THIAMIN HYDROCHLORIDE (VITAMIN B1), VITAMIN A PALMITATE, VITAMIN B12 AND VITAMIN D.
  • Thanks Debbie. I corrected my previous post. Probably need to look up each one of those from the old list. Annoying how they change the ingredients, especially to add more sugar!
  • Lexiss you are one of the experienced beachers. LOL

Tammie