South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 02-07-2010, 08:21 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 161.5/148.5/130

Height: 5'6"

Default oops; dinner with friends = off the wagon!

Went to dinner at good friends' house. Skipped the chips, guacamole and salsa.
Wonderful homemade hearty soup with beans and salad, 2 glasses of red wine. I avoided the homemade bread. Great so far, yes? But dessert was homemade apple cranberry pie!! I had to!! I had to eat the leftover pie my daughter didn't eat.....so....

I am not going to punish myself, and simply continue on plan, but I have decided to allow myself these indulges once in a great while.

Hope all is well with everyone!

Deb
dwdeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 08:37 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 211/211/115

Height: 5'4"

Hi, Deb! Good for you for deciding not to punish yourself.. it's totally not worth it. A few bites of pie won't wreck all the good you've done and it won't prevent you from moving on... it was as simple as being just a few bites of pie Love your attitude about it!
ohmai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 09:18 AM   #3  

S/C/G: maintaining

I think your attitude is great! Lots of chicks have great success despite small indulgences... or maybe because of them!
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 11:27 AM   #4  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Deb, while I heartily agree with the chicks about not punishing yourself (which just usually leads to more off plan eating, at least for me), you do need to go back to Phase 1 (just until the cravings are gone, usually 3-5 days) if the pie had sugar.

While I've certainly fallen off the wagon a couple times, I find doing Phase 1 (frankly, doing it is less trouble than preparing for it, IMHO) prohibitive enough to force me away from those types of indulgences most of the time. Instead, I'll go home and make a sugar-free apple cranberry pie with a good fat WW crust and enjoy the heck out of it with no need for guilt or Phase 1. I'm sure you'll find a balance that works for you.

If you don't think heading back to Phase 1 is necessary because you aren't experiencing any cravings, that's good. However, if you don't get cravings after a few bites of pie and you're looking to have a sugary indulgence every so often, SBD might not be the right plan for you. You might want to look into Weight Watchers or other plans. SBD seems to be most helpful for those of us who get the jitters after even one bite of pie. Just a thought.
beachgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 11:37 AM   #5  

No cravings so far, and technically I am still doing Phase 1 only because I haven't wanted to eat breads and pastas and rice. I will eat fruit once in a while, and am eating carrots(along with tons of other veggies), but have found that beans have replaced the pasta bread and rice.
I am certainly not starving, and I normally have a couple of sugar free hard candies as my sweet, or, a sf fudge pop mixed with cool whip free.

I guess I have adapted this plan for my body.

Deb
Old 02-07-2010, 11:39 AM   #6  

..and I will say that weight watchers is not a plan for me.
Old 02-07-2010, 11:47 AM   #7  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

The important thing is to get back OP & not let a flub totally wreck everything. (I have been known to do this many times and one thing leads to another.)
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 07:41 PM   #8  

Height: 5'8"

This is a Way of Life. Phase 1 is designed to help you get rid of cravings. If you fall off the wagon, just get back on. You're doing great. WW sucked for me too.
Mmckellen is offline   Reply With Quote