3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   I passed the TEST, truly I am excited (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/193212-i-passed-test-truly-i-am-excited.html)

BelieveInT 02-03-2010 08:14 PM

I passed the TEST, truly I am excited

Today was day 3 on program. I was having all kinds of cravings. Because of this, I packed extra veggies with hummus for snacking. It worked as I made it through the day.

When I got home around 5:15 p.m. I was all set to make dinner (grilled tilapia, broccoli and a side salad with an boiled egg (I needed to get my veggies in). However, there were NO LIGHTS or heat in my home. I called the electric company and learned that someone had hit the main street pole and there was an outage with a ETA of 2 hours. Oh no, I was starving and cook not see anything to cook. So the hubby and I went to Applebees. After scouring the menu, I decided to get Smothered Grilled Chicken which consisted of A grilled chicken breast smothered with sautéed mushrooms, peppers, onions, and melted Monterey Jack & cheddar cheeses. Served with garlic mashed potatoes and seasonal vegetables. The only difference was, I substituted big time. I did have the grilled chicken with the mushrooms, peppers and onions and had it served on a bed of lettuce and a tomato. Instead of the mashed potates and seasonal veggies, I had a double order of broccoli. I was so happy about the chose I made and it filled me up.

My hubby ordered chicken sandwich and fries and while it looked good, I passed. I did not even take a fry and eat it. I made it through....this is so huge for me. I am super excited. :carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

Just thought I would share. I am home now and of course the lights are back on.

How was your day?

murphmitch 02-03-2010 08:50 PM

Great job! I always ask for an extra serving of veggies at Applebee's instead of the potatoes. The cheeses at Applebee's are full fat though. I sometimes ask for no cheese or Mozzarella which is part-skim and pick some of it off if it's loaded. I like to get their steak that was on the WW menu there.

jyoyo78 02-03-2010 08:51 PM

Awesome Believe!!! doesn't it feel so good to BE IN CONTROL!! You did great!! Kudos, Kudos, Kudos to you!!!

BelieveInT 02-03-2010 08:52 PM

Yes i had no cheese too...didn't trust it. I thought about the steak on the WW menu, but felt like chicken. Thanks for your kind words.

BelieveInT 02-03-2010 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jyoyo78 (Post 3134215)
Awesome Believe!!! doesn't it feel so good to BE IN CONTROL!! You did great!! Kudos, Kudos, Kudos to you!!!

Yes it does, it is awesome. Thank you!

Maryjaneld 02-03-2010 09:03 PM

Congrats! I know what a big deal that is to out smart your cravings! I always feel so proud of myself when i make good choices in situations where i've been tempted before.

TwynnB 02-03-2010 09:09 PM

Yeah Baby!!!!!!

Lexxiss 02-03-2010 09:12 PM

What a great success to find you can go out to dinner, eat OP and not feel deprived!

tammies00 02-03-2010 09:15 PM

Great Job!!!

Tammie

jenne1017 02-03-2010 09:38 PM

Awesome job! :broc:

fuzzywuzzy 02-04-2010 06:53 PM

Well done! It's all about getting past those hurdles and showing you're strong enough. Good for you.

Mmckellen 02-04-2010 10:08 PM

That's so great. Even when life throws you a curve ball you can still work with it! What a metaphor for life other than food too. Whoooo hooooo!