3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   suddenly binging on wheat thins!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/192165-suddenly-binging-wheat-thins.html)

at a glance 01-25-2010 03:29 PM

suddenly binging on wheat thins!!

On day 10 of phase one. It was all going so well until I got home from work. I am not hungry but needed some seriously salty crunchiness. I have eaten handfuls o crackers and an nearly sittting on my hands to keep going back for more.
I already feel a headache starting....

inspire me...pleeease

Lexxiss 01-25-2010 03:30 PM

Please just put them away, wash your mouth out and find something P1 friendly to eat. You are 10 days in-it's not worth it!

at a glance 01-25-2010 03:33 PM

ah yes. wash my mouth out...great advice. going to go get my toothbrush right now. thank you!

constance21 01-25-2010 03:54 PM

What is it about wheat thins? I do this too..lol

tomandkara 01-25-2010 03:59 PM

I cannot buy Wheat Thins. I will eat the whole box.

Definitely brush, floss, and do mouthwash. Then sit in a dark room with your eyes closed and breathe deeply. You have put in a lot of work. You can do this!

KicknKnit 01-25-2010 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomandkara (Post 3115963)
I cannot buy Wheat Thins. I will eat the whole box.

Me to.. I think they put heroin in them.

Mmckellen 01-25-2010 04:21 PM

You learned a valuable lesson, which is that sometimes the only thing that will satisfy is something salty and crunchy. There are a bunch of things that are Phase 1 friendly that you can keep on hand (crunchy chick peas, etc.) or maybe pickles or olives, which are not crunchy, but certainly satisfy that salt need. Honestly, when only a true junk snack food will do I get a small bag of pork rinds. They don't have any more fat than chips but are low carb and actually have some protein. Plus they are so gross I can't eat more than a small bag.

tomandkara 01-25-2010 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KicknKnit (Post 3115998)
Me to.. I think they put heroin in them.

ROFLOL

I think so, too!

Wavesmom 01-25-2010 05:14 PM

Yumm !!!! Wheat thins. PLEASE tell me how good they were :)

Seriously, 10 days in - you can do this.

Have you tried the roasted chick peas? I was AMAZED! Or hummus with REALLY crunchy veggies. They aren't Wheat Thins, but they do get you past the cravings.

WaistingTime 01-25-2010 05:38 PM

I have two words for you - crunchy pepperoni!

dwdeb 01-25-2010 05:43 PM

..... roasted green beans and zuchinni sprayed w/olive oil and sprinkled with salt and pepper. yum.
as good as potato chips /french fries if you get 'em browned enough

jenne1017 01-25-2010 05:48 PM

Or even the roasted cauliflower or green beans!

BACK AWAY FROM THE WHEAT THINS!

(crack is whack!)

greyhoundindy 01-25-2010 07:05 PM

I feel your pain. Although I like sweets and chocolate, I have never really craved them....but give me salty and crunchy and that's my downfall. Wheat thins, Triscuits, chips and salsa...... so I just have to keep them out of the house.

Don't beat yourself up and look forward to tomorrow.

I'm going to have to look for that roasted chickpea recipe. I wonder if anyone has modifed the Friday's deep fried green beans so that they are SBD compliant? Hmmm...

greyhoundindy 01-25-2010 07:09 PM

Score !! I just found the recipes..... grocery store for me tomorrow to buy green beans!;)

Hello Nurse 01-25-2010 09:00 PM

Have you tried the string cheese "crackers" recipe? You just slice the cheese sticks into little discs and microwave them til brown. Let them sit a minute and they are these wonderful, crunchy, perfect cracker-like entities! I made a spinach dip with a little cream cheese and tons of spinach and ate it with these while everyone around me was eating it with Wheat Thins and I did not feel deprived. I think that was the #1 tip I ever got on this website (and there have been a million of them!)