3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Do you always eat all of your food? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/191293-do-you-always-eat-all-your-food.html)

Princesque 01-17-2010 09:28 PM

Do you always eat all of your food?

I just ate my dinner (I eat late because I stay up late and get up in the morning late.)

I have found that for lunch and dinner, I am always stuffed to the point where it's uncomfortable for about an hour. I know part of "dieting" is realizing when you're full and stopping. I'm just curious how you all handle eating lunch and dinner... do you always finish your plate? Should I make sure I eat the veggies first so if I get full, I've at least eaten all of those?

For reference, I just had 2 cups of broccoli with a 3 oz burger with a piece of cheese on it.

Lexxiss 01-17-2010 09:55 PM

I always eat my veggies first...just me.

CyndiM 01-17-2010 09:59 PM

What Debbie said :) If I'm full I stop. I can always have a slightly bigger snack later if I need it but I want to honor that full feeling.

beerab 01-17-2010 10:11 PM

I agree if you are full then stop. When I don't eat all my lunch I save it- many times I find that an hour or two later I get hungry again and eat it as my snack.

Heidi58 01-17-2010 10:14 PM

I don't always eat my veggies first, but I do stop when I'm full whether I've eaten everything on my plate or not.

I'm proud/happy with the weight I've lost since October, but I'm even more pleased to have figured out how to listen to my body and notice the signals it's giving me.

AmandaMary 01-17-2010 10:15 PM

I hear that it takes 20 minutes for your stomach to tell your brain that you are full. Maybe you are eating too fast and thats why you feel really full afterwards?

Princesque 01-17-2010 10:44 PM

I do eat quite fast, so that might be it... I also drink a lot of water throughout the day, so I'm not sure if that has some effect. Thanks for your responses...

ajowens 01-18-2010 12:02 PM

I run into this prob as well and last night I just couldn't do it. I couldn't eat 4.5 cups of veggies and proteins. Too much for yesterday. I am going to try to spread it out more I think. Maybe some veggies in my snacks.

jenne1017 01-18-2010 09:35 PM

Some days I am hungry (Even on Ph1) and some days I'm not! I know that I notice when I sigh when I am eating, I am usually full.

beerab 01-19-2010 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Princesque (Post 3101235)
I do eat quite fast, so that might be it... I also drink a lot of water throughout the day, so I'm not sure if that has some effect. Thanks for your responses...

One thing that helps is to put your fork/spoon down, then have a sip of water in between bites. I aim to spend 20 full minutes eating my meal. I'll take a bite or two- talk a bit with my coworkers, then take another bite, then drink some water, and so on. I keep putting my fork down between bites so it slows me up. If you find you are eating your food within 5 minutes try and drag out the times 1-2 more minutes a day till you get to 20 minutes. :)