3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Beacher BIOS - 2010 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/189854-beacher-bios-2010-a.html)

Ruthxxx 01-05-2010 06:05 PM

Beacher BIOS - 2010

I've started a new thread for 2010 and will move the active 2009 BIOS to the thread as I get time. (It'll take a while as I need to check each one.)

I'm not sure about our BIO format - it seems awkward - maybe because of the double spacing? All suggestions welcome.

Id your BIO is missing, it means it's in the 2008 BIO thread here.

jenne1017 01-06-2010 08:41 AM

There are lots of "getting to know you" questionaires on the net. I tweaked one a bit. What do you all think? Suggestions/edit more than welcome! Maybe we all choose a color to fill out our answers to differentiate them from the questions?

Basic facts:
Name (real first name if you feel comforable):
Where you live:
Where you grew up:
Other places you’ve lived:
Do you have kids? How old?
Are you an oldest, youngest, middle, or only child? How many siblings?
Languages, beside English, you speak:
Who do you live with (spouse, kids, parents, grandparents, roommate, pets, alone, etc)?
Current job or field of work / studies:
Why did you choose South Beach?
What are your ultimate lifestyle change goals? Short term?
Are you going at this plan by yourself or do you have support (other than us of course)?

Beyond the facts
Favorite books:
Favorite kinds of music / bands:
Favorite movies:
Favorite saying / quote:
Favorite holiday:
Hobbies:
Passions / obsessions:
Are you a camping and hiking kind of person or do you prefer less sweaty and “roughing it” kinds of activities?
Got pets? What kind? (feel free to add some adorable photos)
Do you live somewhere urban, rural, or suburban?
The place you’d most like to visit:
Best thing that ever happened to you:
Tell us something else about yourself that you want to share that not too many people know:

tomandkara 01-06-2010 09:10 AM

I like that one, Jenn.

Ruthxxx 01-06-2010 09:28 AM

I deleted many BIOs just now. If I goofed and deleted yours, please PM me and I'll restore so you can update.
The best way to do this is to copy your BIO into the current thread and edit it rather than have me move it. Then it will look "fresh".

WaistingTime 01-06-2010 12:47 PM

I like it too. I might add TV shows to the bottom section since it is current and interesting to see who watches the same things.

Also, I was thinking about this (during my whole cycling class) as it relates to the daily chatter. I wonder what it would be like if we include a brief summary/overview/intro etc. at the top that would quickly fill others in on the things that might come up or impact what they'd read about us on that particular thread. Some of it would be covered in the questions, but I don't think all. I will try to add something to my bio today as a sample to see how it goes and what people think.

Ruthxxx 01-06-2010 04:01 PM

Please post your BIOS in the sticky thread above, not in this thread.
Pity the poor MODerators who have to move stuff!