South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 08:08 PM   #121  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Emma - thanks for sharing recipe links. I love new recipes and I love new beans

We had Yellow Split Pea Soup with sweet potatoes and kale tonight. It's another hit.
Old 02-02-2010, 08:19 PM   #122  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Steamed shrimp and the most beautiful salad ever!
Old 02-02-2010, 08:23 PM   #123  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Salsa chicken with black beans and RF co-jack cheese on top.
Old 02-03-2010, 09:39 PM   #124  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

S/C/G: (body fat) >34.5%/?/<25%

Height: 5' 6", small frame, "obese" body fat

Tonight's dinner was an eggplant stuffed with veggies -- my husband made it -- broccoli and carrots and mushrooms and walnuts and garlic and a little cream cheese. I grilled some marinated tofu for extra protein...

I didn't eat enough today so later I'm planning to have some homemade Greek lentil soup. It is similar to this recipe -- except I use way less oil (none in fact), my recipe uses lemon juice instead of vinegar and it was all made in a crockpot without sauteing the veggies. I DID use the potato, just one grated small Yukon Gold, so I think that it's OK for South Beach (not Phase 1 though) since it's spread out over ~6 servings. I add a bunch of chopped fresh spinach just before serving. It's one of my favorite stand-bys
Old 02-04-2010, 01:39 PM   #125  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Emma, last night's supper sounds delicious! What a great husband you have to make a nice supper like that!

Tonight I'm having shirataki, broccoli and yellow peppers in a spicy Thai peanut sauce. One of my favorite meals!
Old 02-05-2010, 02:22 AM   #126  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

Tonight was leftover spaghetti squash casserole and another gigantic green salad. And my first glass of red wine in a loooong time.

Funny you should say that about my husband! It was sweet. And a bit surprising, as we don't overlap on many foods. He is very meat and potatoes and I am mostly vegetarian (with very few potatoes ) His eggplant was stuffed with pork and mine had veggies.

I still haven't tried the shirataki noodles! But I have a bag waiting in the fridge... the peanut sauce sounds like a great idea. I was also thinking about Hungry Girl's Fettuccine Hungry Girlfredo if I can find the type of noodles she uses...
Old 02-05-2010, 06:01 PM   #127  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I made Moroccan Lentil & Chickpea stew from the Wegman's website, but I'm not posting the recipe since I wasn't real thrilled with it.
Old 02-05-2010, 06:15 PM   #128  
South Beacher4life!

S/C/G: 201.5/201.5/140

It is pouring here today and we are lazy and don't feel like doing much for dinner. Probably hummus (store bought but all legit ingredients), with a huge assortment of raw veggies. We'll probably eat it in bed watching a movie while it's pouring. My husband will have crackers with his
Old 02-05-2010, 06:17 PM   #129  
Working on healthy

Palak Daal, veggie burgers and the Friday night glass of wine

ETA - I modified the recipe some so it probably wasn't quite as spicy. We had it for dinner and pronounced it good. Good thing because I have 12 lbs of those little lentils

Last edited by CyndiM; 02-05-2010 at 07:00 PM.
Old 02-08-2010, 11:16 AM   #130  
Working on healthy

Dinner is in the crockpot happily cooking while I am at work Tonight it's anasazi beans with veggie chorizo, diced fire roasted tomatoes, and veggies. I suspect I will add dried zucchini and frozen spinach when I get home but didn't want it to get too dry while I was away. This is one of my favorite cold weather meals and the chorizo does most of the heavy lifting when it comes to seasoning. We often have rice with it, might make quinoa instead this time
Old 02-08-2010, 01:38 PM   #131  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

Ooh, I forgot I had veggie chorizo in the freezer! That's a good idea...

Last night was the veggie white chili (after eating some sugary sweets - ACK - at a party!). I'm going to be eating a lot of that in the next few days.

Tonight is some kind of white fish I've never heard of before, grilled - with grilled asparagus, sauteed mushrooms and steamed beets (with their greens). If I really want, I might add this delicious rice I cooked...
Old 02-09-2010, 07:32 AM   #132  

Last night we had split pea soup, cooked in the crock, with a variety of raw veggies. I had the cheese crackers(my new favorite snack) while the family had whole wheat crackers. Nice way to go while the winter goes on and on...
Old 02-09-2010, 12:57 PM   #133  
Working on healthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by michigangirl View Post
Last night we had split pea soup, cooked in the crock, with a variety of raw veggies. I had the cheese crackers(my new favorite snack) while the family had whole wheat crackers. Nice way to go while the winter goes on and on...
I just finished my leftover pea soup. I put a large chopped sweet potato in mine this time. So rich and so yummy
Old 02-09-2010, 04:30 PM   #134  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyndiM View Post
Dinner is in the crockpot happily cooking while I am at work Tonight it's anasazi beans with veggie chorizo, diced fire roasted tomatoes, and veggies. I suspect I will add dried zucchini and frozen spinach when I get home but didn't want it to get too dry while I was away. This is one of my favorite cold weather meals and the chorizo does most of the heavy lifting when it comes to seasoning. We often have rice with it, might make quinoa instead this time
This is similar to what I made last week, and it was just delish. I've been eating it for lunch all week and not tired of it yet. I had green pigeon peas instead of anasazis and some different veggies.

Tonight, mahi mahi on a bed of sauteed cabbage.

And BTW, that muffin in a minute is great! My bad self wants to go make another.

Last edited by Schmoodle; 02-09-2010 at 04:31 PM.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:01 PM   #135  
Working on healthy

Emma - I'm loving all the recipe links. Thanks!

I was on my own for dinner so had a big bowl of veggie soup and some fake chicken. It was a fridge cleaning dinner Tomorrow I'm making Emma's chili.

Last edited by CyndiM; 02-09-2010 at 08:01 PM.
Closed Thread