3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   2010- A Beach Oddessy - Friday Chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/189245-2010-beach-oddessy-friday-chatter.html)

Lexxiss 01-01-2010 05:07 AM

2010- A Beach Oddessy - Friday Chatter

Good Morning Everyone:sunny:

Happy New Year and New Decade! I can still remember when 2001 was "science fiction" and now here we are, in 2010. I am very grateful today. I have a WOL that is healthy, hope of finally getting to a comfortable weight after years of being overweight, AND BEST OF ALL-friends to share the journey with. Thanks for being here!

My water aerobics class decided to meet this morning to ring in the New Year, so it's business as usual here. I haven't peeked outside yet, since that wakes my little shadow, Bing, who seems to still be snoring under the bed. Other than the pool, it will be nice to just stay home today and putz. I'm going to sneak a quiet cup of coffee then sound the bugle call!

My only resolution is to get back into list writing. During my working days they were essential, but somehow I left that habit in Alaska. It's time to start anew!

How does your Friday look? Sit and visit for a bit :cofdate: Warm beverages await.

Ruthxxx 01-01-2010 06:39 AM

Good morning, Debbie, and snoozing Beachers. I see we still have our earlybird habits. I wonder who will be next. The dogs and I didn't manage to see the old year out as bed was calling before 10:30.

Today will be a list making day for me too. I am slightly tempted to take down the Christmas decorations but will hold off until Sunday. The house looks so bare when it's undressed.

Happy 2010 to us all. I wonder what this decade will bring.

CyndiM 01-01-2010 06:55 AM

Good morning :coffee2: We managed to stay up until 10:30! If I'd been on a boat in the middle of the ocean it would have been the new year ;)

Debbie - Enjoy your relaxing day. The pool sounds like a perfect start

Ruth - Lists for everyone :) Sounds like a relaxing day for you too.

I'm working with a 4 day list I made yesterday so that's easy. I'm definitely going to spend a little introspective time thinking about my goals for the upcoming year. The more I can flesh out the details the more likely I am to take them seriously. Goal #1 - get myself back into a healthy, whole foods eating habit. I haven't gone too far off the rails, just enough to notice the difference in energy, skin, and a little weight. Luckily I know exactly what I need to do.

We are keeping an eye on that storm coming up the coast. I think we are just going to get a little edge - somewhere between 2 - 8 inches of snow. We had a surprise burst yesterday that left a fresh coating a couple of inches deep on everything. Hope I can get out snowshoeing soon.

Time to get this day started. Here's to a bright new year and new decade. I know things are going to start looking up!

tomandkara 01-01-2010 07:02 AM

Happy New Year gals! We stayed up to ring in 2010 with about $300 worth of fireworks. The good ones are legal here, so we had quite a show in town. Several of Tom's friends were over (they pooled their money to get the pyrotechnics) and we played Rock Band and Cranium and lit the sky on fire. It was a great night!

This morning (nearly afternoon :)) I woke up with a new motivation and stepped on the scale to see that my ticker was REALLY lying. So I'm resetting everything and climbing back on the wagon. I just finished my legs and back workout and am taking a break before I hit the abs. After all, they are hidden *somewhere* under the holiday pudge.

Debbie, have fun at your water aerobics class this morning!

Ruth, we're waiting until Epiphany to take our decorations down. I just can't bear to do it yet.

Cyndi, have fun snowshoeing!

I have a good attitude today and am so glad to be able to share this year with you all. *hugs*

Lexxiss 01-01-2010 07:08 AM

Good Morning, Ruth. I, too, wonder what this decade will bring. I know that my actions won't do much to change what's happening in the world, but I do have the capacity and responsibility to do my best for my family, my pups, my yard, my community, and myself. I'm feeling positive about that. In Alaska we always left our exterior lights up well into February. I wonder what else will find it's way onto your list today.

Good Morning, Cyndi. Fortunately, just as with SBD, I have the great influence of seasoned list makers. It will be awhile before I'm up to the 4 day list. :lol: Thanks for sharing your goals. Your dedication helps me stay focused for the long haul. It is nice when you "know exactly" what you need to do. For years, I didn't understand....now I do. I hope you get enough snow to snowshoe, but not enough to be a PITA.

Good Afternoon, Kara. I saw your fireworks on FB. Quite a collection! What a fun night. Thanks for sharing your good attitude...it spreads. I look forward to being able to share this year with you, too.

When I first signed on this AM the ad was for the "Sleep Diet". I hadn't seen that one before. haha Sounded like one I should check out but I enjoy my early mornings.

tomandkara 01-01-2010 07:12 AM

Debbie, didn't Tom arrange them so nicely in the picture? It's funny how he can be so particular with his fireworks but then when I ask him to clean up the piles of clothes he has all over our room, he acts like he has no idea what I'm talking about... ;) Sleep Diet, huh? That does sound like a good one! I think I've actually read that when you get enough sleep, your body can burn fat easier. Makes sense.

Heidi58 01-01-2010 07:36 AM

Happy New Year Ladies! :D

I guess I only THOUGHT I posted yesterday, I know I typed it up and previewed it to check for typos. Debbie sent me a PM saying she'd missed me yesterday and when I checked the thread - sure enough I wasn't there. :?:

I don't feel so badly about heading to bed early last night now that I've read this thread. Fergie and I had a laid back evening at home and I'm feeling really good this morning. I think I left the last of that annoying cold in 2009. :D

Cyndi, I'm hoping to get out on my snowshoes today, too. I've been wanting to get out there all week but between my cold making me feel lazy and the ridiculous wind chill factors I never made it out the door.

Ruth, I usually take my tree down on New Year's Day, but it looks so nice right now with the lights on. Maybe I'll put it off til Sunday too. After all, there may as well be some benefit to having an artificial tree, right? :)

Kara, Fergie and I were talking about the New Year's fireworks in Germany last night when he was drinking his gluhwein. :) Nice memories. I'm glad you had such a good time last night.

Enjoy your swim Debbie - I think that sounds like a great way to welcome in the new year.

Have a great Friday friends! :hug:

tomandkara 01-01-2010 08:01 AM

Gluhwein. Bleck! I tried so hard to like it but it wasn't to be. :) We did find some spiced orange juice at the Christmas market in Strasbourg on Monday, so then I felt like I fit in a little. Glad you're feeling top notch to start the new year, Heidi!

TwynnB 01-01-2010 08:34 AM

Happy New Year Y'all!

Lexiss - wow, that's dedication...having your class today! I kinda wish the Y was open for a run, but...Wii fit it will be!

Ruth - enjoy your weekend! Christmas removal is on our list too. Maybe our house can get back to normal.

Cyndi - I hear ya...I don't feel as good when I eat the bad (which is been more than it should lately). Need to change that mindset again! I've heard good and bad about "the china study". I'm thinking of reading it just to adjust my mind set to some things I eat, even though I heard it's not a good study.

Kara - love the new ticker for new shoes!! That's a great idea!

Heidi - I almost deleted this post (freakin' ads!). Hope you feel better soon!

Me - We went to "first night" here in town, which has awesome ice sculptures (look on my FB if you know me!), then came home to play Wii together. Unfortunately, the DS then had the stomach flu hit...hopefully he didn't give it to DH and I, although it'll be a miracle! We're supposed to go to a friend's party today, I'm not sure the DS and DH will go with DD and I (got all those D's?!?!). Then, to make my own list of what needs to be done this weekend! ANd get that eating back on track!!

Have a great holiday weekend!

Chelby29 01-01-2010 08:39 AM

Happy New Year!

Debbie, I have a friend who actually makes a list of lists she needs to make. If should would do something during the list making time, she'd get a lot done!

Ruth, I don't want to take my tree down either.

Cyndi, I never considered my eating habits are making my skin dry...

Kara, Did you kids like the fireworks? Auston is just liking them in the past couple years. When he was little, he hated the noise!

Heidi, Glad you feel better!

Me: I'm off work till Tuesday. Yay! My tree needs to come down, but I don't want to. I'm really not festive, just lazy. :) Today I'll make the traditional New Year's Day fair of pork roast, black-eyed peas and cabbage. Does anyone know what they actually stand for? I know that cabbage/greens have to do with money. Bring on money! :lol:

cottagebythesea 01-01-2010 08:44 AM

Happy New Years Day, Everybody! :coffee:

I guess I burned off a lot of calories by sleeping in extra late this morning! :D The bed was so warm and comfy that I had to force myself to get out of it at 7:30. We turned in around 10:30 last night, too, and slept through any midnight celebrations that may have gone on in my neighborhood.

I'll be joining the list making and healthy eating contingents for this brand new year, too. This is going to be the year to concentrate on Me. :yes: And I know that checking in here and sharing with all of you really helps keep me in-line and motivated. :grouphug:

Today we have to run out to pick up new day-planners for each of us. They're essential for my job, and Jake likes to have one for his job, too. I can't believe we've been forgetting to get them. I got most of the Christmas stuff put away yesterday except for the tree and outside lights, and they'll come down today.

I'm making pork & sauerkraut for supper, so we'll be on our own since none of the kids can stand the smell of it, LOL. I'll eat a spoonful or two of the sauerkraut just for luck, but the rest is for Jake. I plan to make myself some Swiss chard and black-eyed peas for my NYD supper.

Kara, I couldn't force myself to like gluhwein either. Blech! I think it's an acquired taste.

tomandkara 01-01-2010 09:15 AM

Twynn, were your ice sculptures made by local artists? I bet that was a fun night!

Michelle, Tom did a mini fireworks display for the kids around 6:00. They mostly liked it, although the little one came inside after a few minutes. The kids slept through the big booms.

Linda, we didn't get out of bed until 10:30! Well, the kids were out of bed much earlier, but they were playing nicely all together in their rooms, so we kept dozing off again. I think 7:30 should officially not be allowed to be called "sleeping in". ;)

Pearlrose 01-01-2010 09:25 AM

Happy New Year 2010,

Debbie that is great that they are still having your class this morning.

Ruth I was going to take down decorations today but I think I will wait till tomorrow.

Cyndi hope you don't get too much snow and you get everything done today.

Kara that sounds like a fun way to bring in the New Year I will check out your pictures.

Heidi- glad to hear you left the cold behind you and have a great day.

Twynn we have a First night here but couldn't drag myself out into the 20's degree weather last night, we opted to stay home.

Chebly hurray for being off work- I am off til Monday though I am oncall but should be a quiet weekend.

Cottage I just use the electronic calender on my bb as my organizer but DH always has a day planner so he can plan out his year lol.

We ended up staying home last night, the downstairs was filled with teenagers and me and DD2 watched Disney ring in the New Year Eastern time even though we live in Central lol. DH and DS came home at 11 so everyone was home to ring in the actual New Year. Today I am back on track for eating and then this afternoon I think I am taking the kids shopping to spend some of their gift cards and try and fit in a workout as well.

Lexxiss 01-01-2010 09:57 AM

Kara, the fireworks were very artfully placed...my thought was that my doggies definitely wouldn't want to come over :rofl:

Heidi, I'm glad you left your cold in 2009!

Twynn, have fun with your Wii fit! We're so lucky since our pool/club is such an important tourist destination it's open 365-7 days between seasons for maintenance. I enjoyed your fb pics. Hope everyone doesn't get sick.

Chelby, dinner sounds great! Bring on the money in 2010!

Cottage, glad you got to sleep in! Enjoy your day and have fun smelling up the house. I couldn't help but notice you are cooking the same as Chelby, but a variation; pork, blackeyed peas and sour-cabbage. Now I'm really interested in the significance.

Pearlrose, have fun with the kids today and working out. It's nice you provide a fun place for the teens to hangout on NYE.

Ok, better get ready to go.

Kim_Star060404 01-01-2010 09:59 AM

Good morning, everyone! The house is still quiet even though it's 8:43 am. I guess everyone else stayed up later than I did.

Debbie:
I don't think I could live without my lists and DH really lays it on thick when he makes fun of them, but I don't care. They're a great tool if used right. Enjoy your day at the pool and putzing around. Sounds like a great thing to do on Jan. 1.

Ruth: We're holding off on taking the decorations down until next Saturday mainly because we'll have company through Sunday, but also because I miss all my snowmen when they're not out. I hope you and the doggage have a relaxing start to 2010!

Cyndi: I'm with you all the way on Goal #1. My energy, skin and weight have taken a hit as well and are begging me to get back on plan. I hope the snow shoes come out soon! That has always looked like a really fun workout to me. Maybe I'll be able to try it one day.

Kara: I did the same thing this morning; faced reality and stepped on the scale. Those numbers never lie and it's always a great motivator, especially if I haven't bothered to check in a while. Sounds like Germany for New Year's is a lot of fun! We have a strict ban in effect due to some recent fires, so we didn't get to enjoy any fireworks. I'll have to hunt down your fb pictures and live vicariously through them!

Heidi: I'm glad you had a wonderful, relaxing evening! Have a great day!

Twynn: Sounds like a lot of fun last night until DS got hit with the bug. I'll have to go find those pics on your fb...ice sculptures are always so neat. I hope DS feels better soon and that whoever attends the party has a blast.

Chelby: Laziness sounds like a pretty good reason to keep the tree up a while longer. ;) Although you could use the "festive" cover as a good excuse! I hope you have a wonderful few days off of work! I'm only doing the black-eyed peas and only because MIL is here. She tries to force DH to eat one every year and he never does. One day she'll realize he's 30, not 5. :lol:

Cottage: I like that you're concentrating on you this year. We women tend to not do that, don't we! I'm going to do the same. Enjoy your NYD!!

Pearl: I'll be spending some time spending my gift cards today as well, but I'll have to do it all online! I hope you and the kids have a great time shopping and that you can fit your workout in!

Me: Well, I made it to midnight last night, but bowed out and got to bed very shortly after that. Jason and my MIL's boyfriend stayed out by the fire until goodness knows when. They're all still sleeping, so I'm enjoying the quiet and my hot tea.

I've got nothing on the agenda today besides working out and putting away one load of clothes. I'm not sure what we're going to do with our company, but we'll find something. They want to take a drive to their property over an hour away, but Jason and I don't share their excitement for that. We're hoping we can talk them out of it.

Well, I've been up long enough and need to get my breakfast going. I'm sure we'll see some new faces around the beach this morning, so welcome to all of you!!