South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 12-29-2009, 12:53 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 150/148/130

Height: 5 ' 2"

Default upset and disappointed

HI All,
Well I am very, very upset, digusted and disappointed in myself, I let my self go a bit crazy during the holidays, I did not really eat a lot of non plan foods,
just a lots ans lots of on plan foods, like sweet pots, hummus and vegs, and a few slices of pumpkin pie, also since I need to be thurthful I also had a few cocktails.
As a result of my over eating I am up 3 lbs, may not seem much, my husband thinkd I am crazy to worry about 3 lbs but it really does bother me and I can not stop thinking about it.
I know I can just go back to phase one for 2 weeks, but it scares me that the weight can very easily creep back on, just show that this plan really is a life change for life.
I will be extra careful for a while.
june65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 01:30 PM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi June

Go easy on yourself and just get back on plan. I'm doing P1 for a few days just to get back in the swing of things, because I don't seem to have any unusual cravings.

Glad to see you back at the beach!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 05:11 PM   #3  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

The important thing is to get right back on plan. That's what I love about SB. I feel so much better when I'm eating this way. Darn those holiday foods! I've taken everything bad in the house to work this week to get it out of here.
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 08:57 AM   #4  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

I'm right there with you. But, I ate JUNK and felt awful. All I want to eat now is "green stuff". I had a big salad yesterday and it just tasted "real" and yummy. Last week reminded me of how my life has changed. The junk tasted great at the time, but yuk afterwards. It made me feel tired and sluggish. I had a honey crisp apple last night that was far more yummy than the junk I ate last week.

I do PLAN on eating junk at holiday time. Since I don't weigh myself, I have no idea if I gained weight, but my tummy told me that my junk eating was done and it's time to be kind of myself again.

Back to normal is great.

Last edited by femmecreole; 12-31-2009 at 10:25 AM.
femmecreole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 10:15 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 203/197/145

Height: 5'4"

I too ate JUNK and Paid the price. I gained 2lbs but OH MAN was my stomach screaming at me for healthy food. I has a sick stomach all of the holiday season. I do feel better today after 2 days of P1. Don't beat yourself up. Give yourself credit... you are back on the wagon and on your way to the beach!
Karrebeaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 10:35 AM   #6  

S/C/G: maintaining

Learn from my mistake! By last summer I had been consistently on Phase I and II and met my goal. We spent 4th of July weekend at the lake with family who brought lots of "bad carbs." I thought I could eat them for a couple days and then get back OP. But it began a slippery slope that had me gaining back half my weight lost in a short time! I would throw in a Phase I or II day here and there and think I had it under control... but I really didn't. I am kicking myself now, and starting again from square one. I felt so much better when I was OP. I am not trying to depress or scare you - but encourage you to do what I sooooo wish I had.

BTW - ages ago on this site I read something very wise that I wish I had followed. Some very smart chick explained how if she gained a few pounds she went back on Phase II but if she got up 5 pounds she went back on Phase I. If you are still out there - I intend to put your plan into practice. Thank you.
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 01:21 PM   #7  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

I too kick myself. I was south beaching at this time last year (and 3 months into it) and went trough March and lost 30 pounds in 6 months! Now, I've gained it all back and then some.

Last time I am going to do that. I like the 5 lb rule. I am going to hold myself accountable in 2010!
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 01:49 PM   #8  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

I strongly recommend reading some of the maintainers' posts. That's where I learned about red lines. I have to have a redline weight and I have to go back to basics when I hit it (and I do). We all know too well how easy it is to ignore the gain until it's all back with friends. I've done that more times than I can count and am determined that this time will be different.

We all slide, have days (weeks even) we just don't feel like following a plan, don't want to exercise, etc. The trick is hopping back on plan as soon as we can.

ETA - I should have specified the Maintainer's Forum We've had some good discussions about the topic but that Forum is a wealth of great info. Remember that you are maintaining as soon as you lose that first pound

Last edited by CyndiM; 12-31-2009 at 02:15 PM.
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 01:57 PM   #9  

S/C/G: maintaining

Thanks Cyndi. I had never heard the term redline - but it seems to be exactly what I need once I reach my goal again.

There's a sticky on getting started... maybe we need one on maintaining. Seems that any comments are so scattered and each of us would need that advice at different times.

Last edited by WaistingTime; 12-31-2009 at 02:00 PM.
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 01:59 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 229/220/170

Height: 6'0'

Don't beat yourself up, girl! I gained back 6 pounds but I know I'm back on my program now--I do WW not SB. Good luck!
chickybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 04:55 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 150/148/130

Height: 5 ' 2"

thanks for all the kind words, I plan on getting plan on track, feels nice to know that I am not the only one who slides.
Foe new years ever supper , I am having a piece of salmon and a few shrimp with a big green salad,
thanks again
june65 is offline   Reply With Quote