3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Mellowing out Monday Beach Chat (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/188842-mellowing-out-monday-beach-chat.html)

Lexxiss 12-28-2009 06:17 AM

Mellowing out Monday Beach Chat

Good Morning Everyone:sunny:

It seems there is a lot of chatter about getting back to P1. The holidays are hard for sticking to plan. I'm glad to be making through, but must admit that I'm really looking forward to Mellowing out on the holiday food and getting back into my SBD routine.

I'm up early enjoying my coffee before heading to the airport at 5:45am to drop my Sis off. I've spent the past few days getting my ducks in a row to blast off tomorrow morning. I'm really looking forward to getting back to my healthy eating and exercise routine. It looks like I have 2 weeks before I have to be back so I plan to enjoy every moment. Organization is my word of the day.

How's everyone doing as we move into this last week of 2009? Stop and say hi :cofdate:

cottagebythesea 12-28-2009 06:32 AM

Morning, Debbie, and those to come! :coffee: Cheers!

I'm more than ready to toss out all the holiday goodies that are still in the house, but I think Jake wouldn't be too pleased with me. I'm sick of the stuff, though, so I don't have any trouble staying out of it. My problem has been overdoing it on the starchy carbs. Although it's all been SBD friendly, I've been having bread, pasta, or sweet potatoes at almost every meal. It's time to eliminate all of that!

I'll be heading over to the farm and the girls soon, and I don't know what the plans for the day will be. I guess we'll just play it by ear. I have a feeling Cindy will want to take the girls skiing some time this week, but I haven't heard anything about it yet. I know both girls will be eager to show me what they got for Christmas. :)

:welcome: to all the Newbies, and please feel free to hop right in and join us here on The Daily and introduce yourselves.

TwynnB 12-28-2009 07:06 AM

Good morning chicks!

Lexiss- Did you enjoy your visit with the sis? Did I miss something...leaving tomorrow morning? Are you going on a trip? Enjoy!

Cottage - I hear ya. Except I ate a lot of non beachy items as well. I am looking forward to eating better though.

And now that I can breathe without coughing, time to get back to exercise again! I have my DS all week...so he might be subjected to me doing Wii Fit. The treadmill is still not feeling so good....but should be fixed soon! I've done a better job planning this weeks menu, so here's to sticking with it as well!

Have a great day beachers!

Lexxiss 12-28-2009 07:15 AM

:wave: Cottage, it sounds like you are getting back into your routine. Have a great day!

Twynn, glad to hear you're feeling better. I had a nice visit with my Sis-she's headed to California and I'm just going back to my "fun" house-a 2 hour drive. Lower elevation and winter swimming! Maybe even a bike ride every once in a while. Have a great start to your week!

CyndiM 12-28-2009 07:19 AM

Good morning :coffee2: Looks like there is a storm in the mountains today. Hoping it stays there because I don't feel like driving in it!

Debbie - Hope you and Sis enjoyed your moments together :) Sounds like you've got the right attitude about getting back on track. I'm trying a little of that myself ;)

Cottage - Have a fun day with the girls :) Wish I was better at resisting goodies. Luckily there really aren't any around here.

Twynn - Glad to hear you are feeling better. Our Wii Fit is coming tomorrow. Can't wait to check it out. I don't know if I'm good sore or not so good sore from the boxing. Seems like a lot of sore for a 20 minute workout :eek:

I'm working up to getting back on the wheel this morning. It's going to be an introspective week for me. I'm not usually one for New Year's resolutions but there are some things I need to get a handle on and this is as good a time as any (better than 6 months from now). Should be interesting.

Whatever your plans have a good day today.

Chelby29 12-28-2009 08:34 AM

Happy Monday!

Debbie, Auston figured out how to ride his bike without training wheels this week. I'm contemplating getting a bike to ride with him. I haven't been on a bike in years!

Cottage, Will you go skiing with your girls?

Twynn, Where is DD this week?

Cyndi, Hopefully work will be quiet this week. ;)

Me: I'm off work today and tomorrow. Auston and I are going to see The Princess and the Frog today. We're also meeting my friend and her little boys for lunch. Her boys are too cool to see a Disney movie. Whatever!

I still have way too many leftovers in my fridge. If they aren't gone in the next day or two, Sparkit (the dog) is going to have a feast!

Ruthxxx 12-28-2009 08:54 AM

:wave: Leenie, Jiffypop, Gracie and I are off to Ottawa for dim sum with Ilene, Ellis and maybe mauvaisroux. I will not crab about water weight gain tomorrow, OK? Back later if I get a minute.

Heidi58 12-28-2009 08:58 AM

Good morning ladies! :wave:

Sounds like we're all figuring out how to handle leftovers, eh? I left as much as I could in Massachusetts and sent a lot home with my son but we've still got some things I need to stay away from in the kitchen. My daughter flies back to Houston tomorrow so when I get home from the airport I'll do some weeding out.

Chelby, I'm wanting to see the Princess and the Frog myself. :lol: Let me know how it is, OK?

There's a storm on the way so my daughter and I are packing up the grand cats and heading to Portland tonight. We're both looking forward to the hotel pool, jacuzzi and exercise room. We've never stayed at this one before and can't quite place it's location but it's pet friendly and the website looks great. Beth's flight leaves at 5:45 tomorrow morning, I can't believe it's been a week already, the time went so quickly.

Well, in the meantime I've got to hit the treadmill, do some laundry and bake some zucchini bread for Beth to take back to Houston with her. I guess I'd better get busy.

Have a great day friends! :hug:

sophie 12-28-2009 11:23 AM

good morning,

Debbie - I don't know how you handle the altitude change, I once stayed at the grand targhee mountains and had restless legs all night long. Then when we went to Denver I experienced back pain. Glad to see you are planning ahead.

Cottage - I enjoyed reading about your family celebrations and glad you are so strong in avoiding all that wonderful food.

Twynn - sounds like Wii is fun.

Cyndi - I'm sure you will get things straightened out.

Ruth - hope the snow storms in Ottawa don't affect your drive.

Chelby - enjoy the movie and the rest of your time at home.

Heidi - A hotel stay sounds great.

me - I really overtired myself on Christmas day. I figured that I spent about 5 hrs cooking and washing dishes. By 9p.m. I was in bed and only woke up at 10a.m. which is very unusual for me. Anyways, we all had a good time but next year I have to remember to pace myself better, ain't getting any younger. The eating part has been so so and there is New Years Eve to get over luckily I stopped celebrating Jan. 7th which is Christmas for me also. When I was a kid growing up this was the only Christmas we celebrated.
take care
Sophie
.ong

Chelby29 12-28-2009 04:33 PM

Sophie -- January 7 is 12th Night, which is the beginning of the Mardi Gras season. Let's party again! WooHoo!!! :lol:

sophie 12-28-2009 05:54 PM

Chelby - for a long time Christmas was celebrated on Jan. 7th according to the Julian Calendar but in the 1500s it was changed to Dec. 25th according to the Gregorian Calendar because they found that there was an error every 128 years of one day. I guess some christian religions didn't want to change because of tradition and to this day everyone of the orthodox faith celebrates on Jan. 7th. gee, I hope I am correct on this.
take care
Sophie
but in any case a party is o.k. with me

CyndiM 12-28-2009 06:09 PM

Well that was an easy day :) The furnace was out and the repair people needed to order a part so we were sprung midday. It's pretty unusual to get a free half day off and the best part was getting home to find the Wii Fit had been delivered. You can guess what I've been doing ;) Also had an appointment with a new PT today. I'm trying to get the benefits of a personal trainer on my insurance. I was pretty impressed with her and her office. It looked more like a gym. I'm hoping for a solid exercise routine including strength training that will help rather than further compromise my back :crossed: An advantage to having a Made in China Walmart spine is that insurance pays for some of this stuff because it's cheaper than surgery ;)

Chelby - Did Auston like the movie? Bet you're going to have a happy dog!

Sophie - We always celebrated Little Christmas on the 6th when I was a kid. When I decorated I left everything up until then.
Glad you got a good night's sleep. It's hard admitting that we can't do quite as much as we used to.

Ruth - Have an awesome day!

Heidi - Sounds like a luxurious last day together for you and DD. Enjoy

Time to get dinner together. I raided the freezer stash because I just don't feel like cooking tonight. Speaking of cooking - I'm looking for a crockpot recipe with butternut squash. Anyone have a good one to share?

Have a good evening all

Chelby29 12-28-2009 08:20 PM

Cyndi, Auston really liked the movie, but we had to leave it twice because of his small bladder. :) It really was a cute movie. As badly stereotyped as the Cajun characters were, I think I am related to the lightning bug. :lol:

Kara sent me a recipe for butternut squash soup that she cooks in the crock pot. I'll send it to your facebook if I can find it.