AWOL, checking in

• Hi everyone,

I had an accident on the 9th and burned my foot seriously, I've been on bed rest and obviously unable to exercise. I was able to finish my classes except for one and my foot is healing but I still have a significant amount of pain and can't wear a shoe on that foot. I've even been told to add significant carbs back into my diet and increase my calories. I weighed myself recently and freaked out when I'd gone from 203 to 211, but then I started taking a diuretic again and within a few days was right back to 203. So, at least I haven't gained weight. I am however depressed a bit because I was losing 10-12 pounds per month and I'm frustrated to not be in onederland today.

However, my new goal is to be in onederland and off crutches (maybe with a cane?) for our mexico vacation (and able to swim) by 1/9.

I'll be back around the new year - visiting family with no internet access.

weeb
  • Merry Christmas, Weeb! Take care of yourself while you're healing. I'm jealous of a Mexico vacation in the winter!
  • We've been missing you, Weeb. I know that this was such a hard time of year for this to happen and I hope you heal soon and hop back into the groove.

Hope you are able to enjoy your vacation.

Best Wishes and Happy Holidays!
  • I'm so sorry to hear about your accident, I'll be praying for a full and speedy recovery.

I'm also sorry that you're not where you'd hoped to be weight wise right now, but you've been doing an amazing job - this is just a temporary slow down - one month out of the rest of your life.

Enjoy your vacation!
  • Weeb, so sorry to hear of your accident! Just focus on eating healthy and getting well, okay? You know you can lose the weight when you are healed.
  • Feel better! Hope you achieve your goals...
  • sorry to hear about your foot, try to get better soon,
  • Ouch! Hope you get back to normal soon! Your vacation sounds heavenly!
  • Thanks everyone. Our anniversary was yesterday and we hung out with some family and played cards.

today I've been sleeping in the easy chair waiting for midnight so I could go to bed but I don't think I'm going to make it. How embarrassing!