Mittens and Mistletoe Monday

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Good Monday morning! It's definitely a day for wearing mittens and gathering armloads of mistletoe.

I'm enjoying my homemade latte and listening to all the school delays and closings. It looks like Audrey & Maggie have a 2-hour delay, so I'll be getting over there early. I'll have Amber with me all day, too, as her school is already out for the next 2 weeks, and Andrea will be bringing her over in another hour. The kids should have time for some sledding before the school bus comes, but I'd better make sure they're bundled up good, as it's a cold, cold, cold first day of winter.
  • Good morning!

Cottage, I was starting to think we were the only ones around who still had school this week. We've got 2 and 1/2 days of school this week but I've got lots of holiday fun planned so hopefully I can keep the kids focused and productive. It's 16 degrees out right now so I've got my fingers crossed for outdoor recess this noontime.

I just remembered that today is "Reindeer Red" day, so I have to go dig up something red to wear to school. I always pick my outfit the night before but I forgot about RR day til I looked at the school email folder this morning so I have to go adjust my wardrobe choice. I don't want to be a Scrooge.
    Ho Ho Ho! With a red top on, I'll probably look as big as this guy:

Have a great day friends!
  • Good morning. The Doggie Alarm didn't go off until 6:30 this morning which as a nice start. No surprise to deal with this morning so I think the malaise has run its course. Whew!

Cottage and Heidi, I hope the digging out gets done fast. Make sure everyone is bundled up - it's 8ºF here this morning.

Today is a full-speed ahead day around here as it's my last free day before Christmas Eve. I did Taco Bake for the freezer last night and made a very, very easy fudge for the goodie bags. It was way too easy so I will not tell you more. I need to pack up some of my studio stuff so it can be converted into a bedroom for post-Christmas company....two 3F Chickies and one nine-year old DD are driving up here from NJ on Boxing Day for a wee visit.

Time for coffee and a healthy breakfast - there has been "slippage"!
  • Good morning I'm on vacation for a week but I'll try not to be too perky about it

Cottage - mmmm latte Bet one of those will be perfect after sledding too

Heidi - Actually all the people I know connected with schools are working 2-3 days this week (VT, NH & NY) so it's not just you. Stay strong around all the sugary Christmas cheer

Ruth - We slept in too. It was nice Taco Bake sounds like a good thing to have ready for holiday week emergencies. I figure slippage happens but I want to make it count so only really good, home made stuff and just a few bites.

Today and tomorrow are serious errand, cooking & cleaning days for me. The weekend ended up being all about relaxing and recovering. I'm making BS lasagna, egg casserole and pumpkin cheesecake to take to NY. Also a couple of loaves of bread - one more for my Dad and one for home. I've got to run to the grocery store for more agave because Julie used most of it up for her cookies. I hadn't planned any sweet baking so didn't buy more. Oops. Apparently my Mom can't find pumpkin so I'm on for dessert. Watching the forecast and hoping the messy weather doesn't materialize Christmas Day. Our plan is to leave here first thing Wed. morning and head back after Christmas breakfast.

My eating is still not where I'd like it to be but I am back on track with exercise. I know that will help but have to keep working on the food choices.

As Debbie reminded me on facebook the days get longer again and I really need that extra daylight. Hope your day is brighter too no matter how busy
  • Good Morning Everyone

Happy Solstice! Even though it is only the first day of Winter, the days ARE getting longer.

Cottage, have fun with the kiddies in the snow today. It sounds like you're all latte'd up! Did you catch Survivor last night?

Ruth, glad your dog alarm went off late. Ours were all crazy the very first thing. With 4 critters right now I just haul the carpet cleaner from floor to floor. Have a great day!

Cyndi, you've earned boasting rights for your time off! Go for it! Glad you're exercise is on track-mine has been struggling here. Best wishes getting all the chores done.

I've been up for quite awhile, but am just getting to the computer. Coffee is flowing freely here, and DH is already in his shop working on his desk. I've been going through old pictures-2010 is the year to get pictures organized. My Sis suggested that I first do a sort where I just pitch stuff that doesn't have any reason to be saved. I've already accumulated a pile thats going to disappear. I don't know what else is happening today....just keeping busy a moment at a time.

Have a great day everyone!
  • Good Morning, Chickies!

Cottage, Sledding before school sounds delightful!

Heidi, You could just paint your nose red...

Ruth, Fudge is my very favorite treat, but I can't make it to save my life!

Cynid, Be safe on those roads!

Me: Auston is out of school for the next two weeks. He spent the night with his cousin last night, so it's just Jeff and me this morning. It's strange!

It will be a quiet week at the office this week, too, as both of my bosses are out. I may wear my fuzzy robe to work today. Surely the clients wouldn't mind. I have all my unwrapped presents in my car. I'm going to use the conference room table as my gift wrapping station. I've taken additional vacation days, but they are Monday and Tuesday of next week. A six-day weekend sounds nice to me!

Debbie, The days are getting longer..... HOORAY!!!
  • Good morning, everyone! It's so nice to get up early enough to have some free time to get here and post!

Cottage: I am quite jealous of the girls this morning! I have to admit that I've never been sledding! Enjoy your day and all the girly giggles that I'm sure are to come. Thanks for your prescription yesterday! I followed it to the letter (except for the tub soak) and feel a lot better.

Heidi: I think it's really neat that the whole school is going to be red today! Enjoy your day at school and I really hope those kiddos get to head outside a bit. Being cooped up inside all day really stinks...and I'm 28!!

Ruth: I'm glad there weren't any surprises this morning; I'm guessing they have been of a negative nature. It sounds like you have everything together for the next few days. I'm sure it'll all be fun and breezy from here on out!

Cyndi: The weekend was the same for us. I didn't intend to relax that much, but it is what it is! I'm at work through tomorrow, so Wednesday is cooking/cleaning/errand day. Enjoy your day!

Debbie: I'm going to start working on my pictures as well in 2010. I've been slowly organizing the house, including sorting through all the closets, and you wouldn't believe some of the places I've found pictures stuffed in shoe boxes!! Good luck with the sort. I bet it's fun to see pictures you haven't seen in a while!

Chelby: I'm considering wearing my slippers to work, but I don't think that'll go over to well. Something about bosses in the county needing to set a better example, blah, blah, blah. I hope you get everything wrapped and have a wonderful day!

Me: Not much here. I think we barely avoided a bit of Christmas illness this weekend, but I'm still going to take it easy until the holidays are over. Jason and I were outside all morning Saturday repairing a broken section of the back fence. While it wasn't too cold, it was dry and the wind was pretty biting, so I guess we both had a bit of an allergy attack Saturday afternoon through Sunday. We rested all day yesterday and feel much better now!

I don't think I'll have anything to keep my girls busy at the office today, so I'm sure it'll be a fairly easy two days for all of us. I'm taking off a few hours to go get a new hair-do, so that'll break up my day nicely. I'm changing my hair completely, but I'm really excited. Jason, on the other hand, is a nervous wreck about it because he thinks it'll be too short. Men.

Well, I need to get a move on. I'm making Tortilla Soup for dinner, so I need to get the crock pot going. I hope everyone to come has a lovely day!
  • Quote:
    Heidi, You could just paint your nose red...
    Darn! Why didn't I think of that?
  • Hey, chicks. Today is my multi-telecon Monday, three piled up between now and 2PM, but I am on the line for the first right now and nobody else has shown up, so let's hope that's the theme of the day! Okay, just got the email - #1 canceled, woo-hoo!
    The kids are out of school today, so I have given them their assignments before shutting myself in the office. Hopefully DH will stay on their butts and when I come out they will be showered and their rooms cleaned. A mom can dream, can't she? I'm also hoping that DD1 shows up and I can put her to work helping me to get ready for Christmas. As she's still unemployed, she's got plenty of time on her hands, and when she needs some cash she's quite motivated and productive.

Make sure you bundle those kids up cottage! Gabbie had boots full of snow (don't know how she managed that) when she came back in yesterday, and she couldn't feel her feet.
    Kim, men are so weird about hair. Don't they know it grows back? I'm glad Dr. Cottage's remedy worked and you are feeling better.
    Chelby, that's awesome that you can wrap your presents at work. Enjoy your quiet!
    Lexxis, I started the picture sort last year, but still haven't finished. Thank goodness for digital pictures, so easy to manage. At least I've got the old ones gathered in a big box to deal with eventually. Good luck! And thanks for the reminder. The Girl Scouts pass out luminaria for us in town to put on our front stoops on solstice.
    Cyndi, I'm glad you took a recovery weekend. I'm sure it did you lots of good and you'll have extra energy for your preparations. We're watching that forecast too, as we've got a big long driveway up the side of a mountain to traverse to get to our Christmas dinner. I'd rather have snow than ickiness.
    Ruth, a 3fc chick meet to look forward to - what fun! Thank you for not sharing the fudge recipe. My mother and grandmother do chocolate AND peanut butter fudge every Christmas. It's evil.
    Heidi, I'm glad we don't do reindeer red day - I look terrible in red! Have fun with the kiddies!

Well, I'd better use the quiet time to get some work done. Have a good one chicks!
  • Good Morning chickies- SOOOO much going on and I have been sick to boot. :0( Feeling better but need to get my booty back to the gym and back into gear. I was so close to making my goal this month and now I am back up again. any loss is a good one though right?!

Cottage- Send some of that snow my way! and a latte too please!

Ruth- enjoy your company! and the busy days ahead!

Cyndi- I am looking forward to those extra daylight hours too!

Debbie- Picture organizing- that sounds like something that needs to be done but a task I am not up to doing right now! LOL Thats a great idea though! another add on to my 2010 list!

Chelby- 6 day weekend! whoohooo!

Kim- enjoy your laid back days! I am glad you missed the holiday sickies!

Schmoodle- enjoy quiet time in your office.

Im going to be running around this afternoon- my Christmas cards are just now going out, oops. but better late than never i suppose. I just can't seem to get it together this year! Next year I will though My quote- I will stop procrastinating... tomorrow! Ha!
  • Good afternoon,
    What was I thinking of. Thought it would be a good idea to have the kitchen painted since DS has time off. It would be or orderly, him painting in one corner and me working in the other. Well, everything came off my open selves, masking tape all over and no cooking today. I guess the good thing is if they want Christmas dinner, everything has to be put back into place.
    I went for a long walk instead.
    Enjoy all your Christmas preparations, and remember Christmas will be fine even if you don't get everything done on your list. Hopefully, there is next year.
    take care
    Sophie
    p.s. sorting pictures should be saved for retirement. I did ours two years ago and found why did I take a picture of that tree, where was that place anyway. The only ones that are worth keeping are of family and friends.
  • Schmoodle: I hope the rest of the telecons were canceled. That would be a nice Christmas present!

Rikki: I'm glad you're feeling better! Keep up the great work...a loss is still a LOSS!

Sophie: I thought about finishing my kitchen this week and thought better of it for that exact reason. I know something is going to not go as planned and I'll be trying to work around wet paint and masking tape and floor cloths. Yuk! I hope it all gets done in time!!

Hey, girls! I got my hair done and it was a big success! Even the hubster loves it. I'm definitely not going to straighten it every day, but it does look good curly as well. I knew he had nothing to worry about!

• Hello everyone,

Just a quick hello, not sure if I will be able to log on tomorrow and then we are leaving for Texas for a week so I will be MIA.

Kim Love your new look, you look wonderful.

Take care and have a Merry Christmas everyone
  • Kim, I love the sleek, shiny hair! Beautiful hair on a beautiful face

Pearl, Have a great trip!
  • Kim, you look HOT!! ***whiiiissssssttttttlllleeeee***