Red wine phase 2?

• I was wondering, is there or are there specific types of red wines we can or cant have during phase 2? I'm not a big merlot fan, but I do enjoy one called gewurztraminer - fetzer, not sure if thats red or not. I just want a more fruitier tasting red i guess. Any and all comments are greatly appreciated, thanks!
  • Both red and white wines are permissible on Phase 2, as long as they're pure wine and don't contain added sugars. You may have up to 2 glasses a day, but keep in mind the calorie content.
  • Cool!
  • Make sure you check the label and that it is really wine. We discovered awhile back that Arbor Mist, though often sold with wines, is actually a wine beverage and contains high fructose corn syrup.
  • Quote: Make sure you check the label and that it is really wine. We discovered awhile back that Arbor Mist, though often sold with wines, is actually a wine beverage and contains high fructose corn syrup.
    Yeah, I remember. I had just bought the Blackberry Arbor Mist, and ended up pouring it down the sink. No wonder it tasted so good.
  • Yeah, that's some good stuff. My sister bought me a bottle for my birthday. I'm glad to have this information so I don't make the mistake of getting some! I will have some Fat B@stard instead. (A real wine!)
  • I wasn't mentioning names It stinks that you have to be so careful about labels though. Very annoying. I recommend Menage a Trois if you can find it. I'm currently into Gato Negro cabernet merlot. It's the best $4.99 wine I've found so far (yes, I do love a bargain).
  • Hey I'll have to try some of that, can't beat a $4.99 price tag especially on a tight budget!
  • thanks for the info and comments! ..was asking because I am going out to dinner this weekend and was wondering which wine was okay to order but still tasty.
  • The Menage A Trois is really good, and I discovered they make a white version, too, although I like the red better.

I'll have to check out that Gato Negro Cabernet Merlot. I really like the blended wines, and currently have a bottle of Two Vines Cabernet Merlot that is pretty good.