South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 06:48 AM   #1  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Default Fluffy Friday

Good morning Chicks Where is everyone this morning? I hope the answer is sleeping in and not stuck without electricity!

It's back to the office for me today. I had a really fun day with my BF yesterday. It's so good to hang out together now. I miss her a lot after seeing each other just about every single week day for 10 years. Have to be diligent about getting together. Luckily I'll see her again Saturday night because Julie has a gig so it's a GNO.

The scale actually blinked two days in a row so maybe things are starting to move again. Don't want to get my hopes up too much. I've been strictly sticking to 45+ minutes of cardio and 15+ of strength/toning every day and I think that really helps.

Looks like a cold but clear day here. The snow is, in fact, still fluffy and white and kind of pretty How is your Friday shaping up?

Last edited by CyndiM; 12-11-2009 at 06:49 AM.
Old 12-11-2009, 06:54 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

LOL Cyndi...I kept checking those little egg things on Ruth and Cottage and thought "you're kidding me....I'm the first one here!??!". I didn't look far enough down to yours! Thanks for starting! Congrats on the scale moving down!

Me - Unfortunately, I offered to work 2 hours longer for not working 2 hours for my daughter's christmas concert (which was delightful, btw!). If I didn't say anything, I probably could've just had it off!!

Today....I'm going to get my DS on the bus, then jump on the treadmill. Go to work at lunch today. I've been B-A-D about eating little things....not necessarily off plan, just not what I should be eating. (those darned 100%whole grain wheat thins are WAY TOO GOOD!!!) I need to prepare some veggie snacks!

It is stinkin' cold out there!!

Have a great day!
Old 12-11-2009, 07:30 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Stretch Good morning. Any coffee left?

I'm not having password problems, I just decided to burrow under the covers and sleep in this morning. It felt so good, and I refuse to feel guilty about it, so there!

Did you buy anything at Yankee Candle yesterday, Cyndi? I have a phobia concerning candles, but they are the only ones that I will use. I love the Balsam & Cedar one, since it smells just like Maine, and I just put away Autumn Wreath. I'm glad you were able to spend a nice day with your BF.

Twynn, don't you just love the children's Christmas concerts? I was at Audrey & Maggie's yesterday, and it was just delightful. Amber's is coming up soon, and I'm looking forward to that, too.

I think I may go out shopping today after the rush hour traffic clears out. I was going to see if my mother would like to come along, but I get so much more accomplished if I'm on my own, and she'd probably decline, anyway. I'm having a hard time trying to come up with an idea for my DS and DIL. They are so hard to buy for!
Old 12-11-2009, 07:51 AM   #4  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Good morning gals!

Cyndi, I'm glad you had fun with your friend! Congrats on the scale movements.

Twynn, have fun on your treadmill. I hope work goes by quickly for you!

Linda, could you get your son and daughter-in-law a restaurant gift certificate? Good luck finding a present!

I woke up feeling yucky this morning. I got in my workout and have eaten a couple little things but I think it's going to be an early-to-bed night. The kids don't have any activities scheduled for this afternoon so I might make some cookies with them. I do not feel like cheating today so it would be a good day to make cookies and not be tempted.

Have a good day all!
Old 12-11-2009, 08:20 AM   #5  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Boy everyone must be running behind today! I'm moving slower than molasses in January. Yes, I used a southern expression. I'm THAT tired.

Oh gosh 3 minutes to inhale my still-hot tea and start drying my hair. CRAP. Anyhoozle, last night was fun. Anna's program was a RIOT and she did a VERY good job as Dasher. Was nice to spend time with her mom, Chris (of course,) and the rest of Chris' family.

Well, gotta run again. Going to be in training all day but I'll try to find time to post later!

Lisa
Old 12-11-2009, 08:32 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Oh, so I'm fluffy now, am I?
I am so light-headed and dizzy this morning. don't know what's up with that. Not much going on around here today, just the usual work, laundry, housework. I mixed up a couple of batches of cookies last night, but I'm going to freeze the dough and won't bake them until we need them for parties, etc. I know I can't handle cookies around the house. I hope to get a lot of Christmas accomplished this weekend - the tree, the last of hte shopping, wrapping, and some baking. I get the honor of making the hard jelly cakes this year - my grandma used to do it, then my mom, but it's a lot of work, so now we rotate each year. Hopefully I can get to that because they need to sit for 2 weeks before we eat them.

DH is unintentionally messing up my vacation plans. I booked a trip to Orlando with the kids in January, thinking it would be a nice mid-winter getaway, and that DH would be at sea (he can't stand Orlando). We thought he'd be leaving before the holidays. Our trip is Jan 15th - 23rd. Yesterday he tells me they've set his departure date for Jan 20th. Not sure if I should cancel - it's the only non-holiday time the kids have off, and they'll be so disappointed. But I feel guilty if we're not here to see him off. Crap.

Cyndi, sounds like things are going well! Friend time is so important and I do tend to neglect that area - get caught up in the busy-ness, ya know? When I do take time, I realize how special it is. Enjoy your pretty snow!
Hope your long day goes by quickly, Twynn.
cottage, I don't envy you the shopping. I was in Target a couple of days ago, and it is busy out there! People are getting that glazed, stressed-out Christmas look too.
kara, I can never be in the house wtih homemade cookies and not be tempted. Good luck to you!
Happy Friday all!

Last edited by Schmoodle; 12-11-2009 at 08:37 AM.
Old 12-11-2009, 09:06 AM   #7  
Be happy.

Good morning!

I'm back in Maine and posting from school today. First time I've ever had time to post from here, but I'm using the sub plans I left so it's an easy day.

It's cold and windy, they let the kids outside before school but I'm not sure if they'll get outside at lunchtime today or not. It sure is beautiful looking out the window though, it's sunny and the sky is blue and it looks like it ought to be a lot more comfortable than it is out there! lol

Cyndi, I'm wondering what you bought at Yankee Candle, too.
Twynn, I have the same problem with the wheat thins - they're SO good with that roasted vegetable hommus that I love so much, but I have a really hard time eating only one serving.
Cottage, Good for you sleeping in this morning! I wish I could have! I hope you find the perfect gifts.
Kara, I hope you start feeling better as the day goes on, you just got over being sick. *hug*
weezle, I made your refried bean soup last night - it's so good and so quick and easy! I can't wait for lunch - I brought leftovers with me. Thanks for sharing your recipe.
Hey Fluffy! er, I mean Schmoodle I hope you'll start to feel better as you get moving around, too.

I love your plan for your cookies - I should try that. Do all cookie doughs freeze well? I could safe myself a lot of time and aggravation by mixing up all the cookies my kids love in advance and just cooking up a few servings at a time when they get home for Christmas..... I usually do a marathon baking session the night before they get here and then I show up at the airport looking bedraggled and bleary eyed. lol

Debbie, Ruth and the rest of you who haven't posted yet - have a great Friday!

Last edited by Heidi58; 12-11-2009 at 09:07 AM.
Old 12-11-2009, 09:12 AM   #8  
Visualizing the Goal

Lisa, I'm so glad the Christmas program went well! Is Anna Chris' niece?

Schmoo, that's a tough call on the trip. What's the chance that your husband's departure date will get moved again???

Heidi, glad you made it home safely! Have a good day with the kids!
Old 12-11-2009, 09:55 AM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

We got home late from our party then had to watch Survivor. I sure needed an early wake up call this AM!

Ruth, missing you

Cyndi, glad to hear your hard work is paying off! I think exercise is such an important part of this. It's soo much harder to keep it steady during the winter months. It sounds like fun plans are in your weekend.

Me, into action. The bus leaves here in an hour and I need to have nutrition. I'm dropping by the Vet's office to drop off calendars and get Bing's weigh in before heading to the pool. My list is in my head today-I'd like to get everything crossed off while enjoying it.

to anyone I missed this morning. Have a great day everyone!

Twynn, have a great day. I'm hoping you don't have to work on Saturday. When you talked of the my thoughts wandered to that beautiful park you run through. It will be nice when we can get outside again.

Cottage, glad you enjoyed your sleep in. I hope you get everything crossed off your list.

Schmoodle, so sorry you're not feeling well. I am thinking about your cookie plan, too. What intrigues me is only making one big mess in the kitchen. I've never been to Orlando, but think my DH would dislike it, too. I'm wondering the color of your Prius. I drove my GF once and was really impressed.

Kara, sorry it sounds like all those cookies from yesterday weren't too happy in your tummy. TG for SBD! You asked about the pool. It is an outdoor hot springs-the pool is 2 blocks long and was built in the 1880s-lots of history. 3 million gallons of 130 degree water come through every day and it creates a little microclimate. It so well maintained and it's only 10 ft from the bldg to the water. Heavenly! Have you decided on the ballet class yet? Loved your tree story yesterday.

Lisa, your plans sound fun! You are really doing great combining healthy eating and holidays!

Jenski,

LC, hows your list coming along?

Karre, I hope yesterday gave you some time to catch up at home!

Barb, thanks for the tree tips. It sure seems to me that it should be warmer your way. Is 20 degrees unusual?

Pearlrose, boy, your day must be crazy today. I was multitasking with baking energy bars last week. Instead of turning the oven off, I turned it all the way up! I think that's why Bing is interested in the compost! I was in school plays and I remember all the fun of rehersals and performances. It's so great you help that happen for your kids.

Chelby, I am thinking good thoughts for Wade and the family today.

Heidi, I'm glad you made it home safe and are still cruising along on SBD. Although it's a tough situation it must feel good to know you can get up and go. I'll BIT later.
Old 12-11-2009, 10:22 AM   #10  
Visualizing the Goal

Debbie, I did decide to take the dance class. I'm looking forward to it! And what better motivation to stay on plan than knowing I'll be in a leotard once a week! Your pool sounds wonderful. What a neat thing to have near by!
Old 12-11-2009, 10:27 AM   #11  
Live, Laugh, Love

Heidi - I'm glad you liked it! It's one of my favorites! Filling, low-cal, helps keep the plumbing unclogged, and gets better every day!

Kara - Actually, Anna is Chris' daughter. She's an awesome kid (11) and I adore her. I get to spend quality time with her this weekend. I'm stoked!

Debbie - Well I sure am trying. I have 43 days to fit back into my summer clothes so I don't have a whole lot of options here. Haven't updated the tickie but am down from 127 to 123 and have 8 lbs to go before I'll be able to squeeze into my clothes. Gotta do it!

Oh, and Schmoo, who called you Fluffy???!?!? I'll whoop their..... oh wait, Cottage and Beachgal are able to get in. Hmm.

Last edited by weezle; 12-11-2009 at 10:28 AM.
Old 12-11-2009, 11:10 AM   #12  

Guess who this is?
Seems there is something wrong so my alter ego had to register.
Now I'll report this post to see if I can get Ruthxxx back with my MOD/ADMIN powers.
Old 12-11-2009, 11:23 AM   #13  
Live, Laugh, Love

Hmmm..... I don't know Ruthiexxx..... How many guesses do I get?

Schatzi? ellis? Hmmm.... let me think on this one.
Old 12-11-2009, 11:39 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Freezing the cookies works well for me. It solves two problems. 1. I can get the batter all mixed up early and get a head start, without having your cookies go stale before Christmas. 2. I don't have dozens of cookies sitting around making seductive comments to me all day long. I also just use the same mixing bowl, so it saves lots of dishes. I just scoop them out onto a baking sheet and pop it into the freezer. When they are frozen throw them all into a ziploc or container and pull them out as you need them. I thaw before baking, but you might not have to. I've done it with chocolate chip, snickerdoodles, peanut butter, and oatmeal, and it's worked well for all. Haven't done sugar, but I expect you could just free the dough lump and thaw it when you're ready to roll them out.

Kara, I think the date is pretty firm now, although things have gotten changed last minute before. Sure makes it hard to plan! The trip is all paid for and I'll lose $200 deposit if I cancel now.
Lexxis, the car is red, DH says like a Ferrari LOL. There wasn't a lot of choice, black, white, sand, gray, blue, and red I think.
weezle, it was Cyndi, and I think she called us all fluffy. go get her!
RuthIE,did you do something naughty to get yourself banned?

Last edited by Schmoodle; 12-11-2009 at 11:42 AM.
Old 12-11-2009, 11:52 AM   #15  

Ok I am confused.... I have been trying to stick completely with P1 just started monday.... I didn't read the book completely but skimmed through it I guess....

Am I supposed to follow servings? I thought I wasn't supposed to be hungry... but sometimes I am if so I will eat another snack, like a lowfat cheese stick or smoething... Am I doing something wrong??
I've lost 4 lbs in 4 days, so thats good....
I just want to make sure I am following the diet correctly
Closed Thread