South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 12-01-2009, 06:27 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Phase I Thread for December

New month so..... here's the link to the last thread.

A thread for new folks and restarting folks to share ideas, ask questions and post menus. As you move on into Phase I.5 and II, please hop over into the OP thread.

Of course, everyone is invited to join us in the daily thread where we chat about "other stuff" because life is not just about dieting - although it sure feels that way sometimes!

The MODs and experienced Beachers will be popping in here to answer questions and give encouragement.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 01:13 PM   #2  

Height: 5' 10"

Hi everyone. I'm on day 5 of phase 1. I'm doing great and the scale is moving down! I've been making soup and having that for lunch with a small salad. I'm making a broccoli/cheddar soup today. I've been reading a few different reciepes and will be experimenting later today. I love to read receipes to get ideas, but rarely follow any

Beachgal -- I did great on phase 1 then never moved onto phase 2 -- just stopped. Not sure why, but I'm not doing that this time. What I find is that I need to stop by here a few times a week to keep me accountable. I did WW for years and did best when I posted ot that support group.

One other thing I did make from the new book is the granola recipe. It came out fabulous. I've been draining ff/plain yogurt in a strainer to get it thick, mixing in some riccotta, splenda and vanilla then top with some of that. Its yummy. If you haven't tried it, I do reccomend you do.

Have a great day everyone!
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 02:01 PM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

There is a Phase 1 granola recipe? Ohh, must have! Could you share it?

thanks!
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 02:03 PM   #4  
Always Learning

Height: 5'5"

Heey Everyone,

I'm back on the SBD and starting phase one today! Had my last day of "freedom" last night and now I'm ready to go.

Sarah - Much like you I did phase one and then just...stopped...lets not do that again k?
8675309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 07:28 PM   #5  

Height: 5' 10"

The phase 1 granola recipe is in teh Super Charged book.

South Beach Diet Nutty Granola Topping -- to be used as a topping (1-2T)

Mix a 1/2 cup each of the following together in a bowl: Slivered Almonds, unsweetened coconut, flax seed, chopped pecans, pumpin seeds, sunflower seed and walnuts.

Melt 2T transfat free margerine, add 2tsp vanilla and 2tsp cinnamon. Pour that over the seed mixture. Mix well to coat all nuts. Then add 2 tsp (or more to your desired sweetness) to the bowl and mix sweetner in.

Spread mixture on baking sheet and spread evenly (it made a lot!). Bake at 325 for 20-25 minutes, mixing every 5 minutes. You want it lightly browned.

Store in fridge in an air tight container for a month or in the freezer for up to 3 months. I use it from the freezer directly.

Definatly a keeper.
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 10:35 PM   #6  
Always Learning

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedwithsarah View Post
The phase 1 granola recipe is in teh Super Charged book.

South Beach Diet Nutty Granola Topping -- to be used as a topping (1-2T)

Mix a 1/2 cup each of the following together in a bowl: Slivered Almonds, unsweetened coconut, flax seed, chopped pecans, pumpin seeds, sunflower seed and walnuts.

Melt 2T transfat free margerine, add 2tsp vanilla and 2tsp cinnamon. Pour that over the seed mixture. Mix well to coat all nuts. Then add 2 tsp (or more to your desired sweetness) to the bowl and mix sweetner in.

Spread mixture on baking sheet and spread evenly (it made a lot!). Bake at 325 for 20-25 minutes, mixing every 5 minutes. You want it lightly browned.

Store in fridge in an air tight container for a month or in the freezer for up to 3 months. I use it from the freezer directly.

Definatly a keeper.
That sounds seriously amazing!
8675309 is offline   Reply With Quote