Ready Set...December?

• I'm starting the south beach diet again but due to "social responsibilities" over the next week I won't be starting til December 1st. Since I have a week to prepare is there any advice you have? Any products I should start looking for NOW?
  • There's a good thread here in the stickies that will help answer some of your questions. There are also stickies in the FAQ Section that can help. You are wise to get prepared.
  • Biggest key: Plan. Plan, plan, plan. If you wait til 11 am to figure out what you'll do for lunch, you're not going to do what you should!! I'll have salad (like the tuna canellini) that I'll make and eat for a few days, pre-make omelette veggies, etc. Makes it a WHOLE lot easier to make sure you stay on plan if it takes 5 minutes to make breakfast instead of 25. (this is especially important for snacks too!!)

Good luck, it's worth it!

PS - LOVE the name. Only glanced at it at first...then realized what it was. LOL...I'm always singing that song now!
  • Hi!

The thread Ruth mentioned is the one I was going to recommend. It's excellent. There are tons of great suggestions there. If it's been a while, read the book again, as that will help.

And, of course, since the holidays are coming up, you may want to read the holiday threads to help you prepare for them.
  • How many lbs are you hoping to lose in December?
  • I am starting South Beach on December 1 also. I don't get money until November 28 so I have a few days to buy my SB Phase 1 foods and get them in the house.
    I am looking forward to it.
  • Thanks everyone!

Quote: How many lbs are you hoping to lose in December?
    I've heard people can lose 10lbs in a month on phase one/two, and some people lose more then that. I don't really have a goal for the month of december because I'm not sure how my body will react to the plan. Ideally I'd like to lose 10, but if I don't get there or my body loves the plan and drops more then thats fine either way
  • The pounds are really not the important part. It's the shift in attitude along with the lifestyle change. It's going to be a great December!