3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Phase I Thread - November (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/185866-phase-i-thread-november.html)

Ruthxxx 11-05-2009 08:58 AM

Phase I Thread - November

It's time to start this up again - a thread for new folks and restarting folks to share ideas, ask questions and post menus. As you move on into Phase I.5 and II, please hop over into the OP thread.

Of course, everyone is invited to join us in the daily thread where we chat about "other stuff" because life is not just about dieting - although it sure feels that way sometimes!

The MODs and experienced Beachers will be popping in here to answer questions and give encouragement.

mbsam 11-09-2009 02:32 PM

I am, I am! I started last week, and lost 10 pounds!! I'm so delighted, and the loss is a definite motivator. So are the forums, so thank you for being here!

briggsy13 11-09-2009 02:53 PM

i'm new here

I just started today. My dh is also doing this with me. We both have 20 or so pounds to lose but in general just want a healthier lifestyle. I stocked up on some new and different foods so hoping to make it!!

Ruthxxx 11-09-2009 03:28 PM

:welcome: mbsam and Briggsy!

RRB2 11-09-2009 04:39 PM

I've started PH1 again this Sunday (so far so good). It' my 3rd time on SBD (every time I loose 30 lbs I get pregnant :) ) - side effect!

RRB2 11-09-2009 04:42 PM

I'll join in! I started PH1 on Sunday - so far so good. I love the way my body feels on SBD - once sugar cravings are gone!

junebug07 11-09-2009 07:28 PM

Started Phase 1 yesterday. Two days down and doing okay so far. I have a slight headache tonight but know that will go away. This is my 2nd time doing SB. I had a lot of success last time.

Ruthxxx 11-09-2009 08:24 PM

Junebug, being sure you have dairy and legumes will help the headaches. We call it the SBD 'flu!

Lexxiss 11-09-2009 09:00 PM

Mbsam, Briggsy, RRB2, Junebug07

:welcome3:

Best Wishes! Join us on the daily, and OP weekly threads.

RRB2 11-10-2009 12:21 AM

I also had a serious headache yesterday (day 2).
I thought it was from Sucralose I've been using.
As far as success goes - I lost 30 lbs twice on SBD and then .....got pregnant (so you cou8ld call it a happy side effect :) )

RRB2 11-10-2009 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lexxiss (Post 3007744)
Mbsam, Briggsy, RRB2, Junebug07

:welcome3:

Best Wishes! Join us on the daily, and OP weekly threads.

Thanks for the welcome!

cottagebythesea 11-10-2009 06:29 AM

:welcome: Mbsam, Briggsy, RRB2, and Junebug07!

Kimmiblue 11-10-2009 01:12 PM

I just started my second week on Phase I. I don't eat eggs at all. So I eat 3/4 cup of plain ff yogurt with a small spoonful of no sugar added jam. Then I have the morining star soy sausage links or pattys. There have been mornings where I just had the morning star soy sausage links and cabot lite cheese.

CyndiM 11-10-2009 01:48 PM

Welcome Kimmi! I love the Cabot reduced fat cheese. It actually has some flavor :)

I am pretty sure the sf jelly is not allowed on Phase 1, being fruit derived. If you can get Greek yogurt it will add a little extra protein to your meal on no sausage days.

I'm also wondering where your veggies are? The veggies really help you fill up though it can be a realy shift to think about them in the morning :)

briggsy13 11-10-2009 03:29 PM

day 2 is going ok. I've been eating salads for lunch and I end up hungry after just a couple hours. But then I eat my snack and start working on what we are having for dinner.
My dh leaves early in the a.m for work, so I have to have his breakfast, lunch, and snacks packed the night before. Kind of a pain, but hopefully worth it. I think tonight we are having chili for dinner.
i'm definately having some sugar cravings. I even made that 3 min chocolate cake in the recipes section. It was ok, but I'm hoping to find something better to cure my sweet tooth.
thanks for the warm welcome!!