South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 03:33 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 240/201.4/165

Height: 5' 8"

Oh yeah and what's up with going to the bathroom more than normal? I was up like 3 times last night to pee. It is/was totally annoying. I read somewhere that someone else had this on the diet. Was it like this for you? or am I just weird? LOL
Old 11-10-2009, 03:53 PM   #17  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Briggsy, what are you having with your salad - protein, dairy, legumes? The bathroom trips are good - it means your body is dumping excess fluid. It gets better after a while.
Old 11-10-2009, 04:46 PM   #18  
My goal = health

Ditto about bathroom brakes - I remember it from last time as well.
Headache is gone - maybe because of the 5 mile walk today, maybe because of increased water intake.
Sugar cravings are pretty much gone as well - I love that about SBD that few days after starting PH1 I have NO cravings at all.
I made the Balsamic Salmon from the Quick and Easy Book and Eggplant Skillet Lasagna fro supper - yumm!
Old 11-10-2009, 05:06 PM   #19  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthxxx View Post
Briggsy, what are you having with your salad - protein, dairy, legumes? The bathroom trips are good - it means your body is dumping excess fluid. It gets better after a while.
salad was romaine, mushroom, cherry tomatoes, hard boiled egg, shredded low fat cheese. It was good, but I think I need to have some chx breast on hand to make it a little more filling and lasting!!
Old 11-10-2009, 05:08 PM   #20  

I made chili tonight ( i know its only 5 oclock but my kids wake up from nap ready for dinner! LOL) and with the low fat sour cream and cheese it is to die for!!!! Plus I made a double batch so dh can just take a bowl tomorrow for his lunch and I don't have to make him anything. He had a salad today but I'm sure he wasn't full with his either.
Old 11-11-2009, 03:19 PM   #21  
OnAMission...

S/C/G: 200/170/135

Height: 5'7.5

So I was kind of confused with the natural peanut butter used for the peanut butter cup...... in phase 1 the natural peanut butter is allowed?
Old 11-11-2009, 09:59 PM   #22  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Peanut butter and nuts are OK in all Phases. Have you read the food lists posted in the FAQ section?
Old 11-12-2009, 05:54 AM   #23  
My goal = health

Peanut Butter cookies used to be a must for me in PH1!
Old 11-13-2009, 10:03 AM   #24  

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyndiM View Post
Welcome Kimmi! I love the Cabot reduced fat cheese. It actually has some flavor

I am pretty sure the sf jelly is not allowed on Phase 1, being fruit derived. If you can get Greek yogurt it will add a little extra protein to your meal on no sausage days.

I'm also wondering where your veggies are? The veggies really help you fill up though it can be a realy shift to think about them in the morning
Thanks for your warm welcome Cyndi! I do need to add more veggies, but at breakfast? Do you have any ideas? Also in the SB Supercharges Book on page 181 it lists that you can have Jams and Jellies, sugar free. So that is why I add a tiny amount to my yogurt. I will try the Greek Yogurt.

Question: what is Phase I.5?
Old 11-14-2009, 02:24 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 143.1/130.5/110

Height: 5'1

Hi everyone!
I'm new to South Beach Diet, just started phase I Monday (it is now Saturday, so it's day 6). I have found it pretty easy to stick to protein, veggies and low fat cheese so far, guess I'm lucky. I feel like I'm eating a lot though! I told myself I wouldn't weigh-in until one week and then modify portions if needed. I have also noticed a lot of bathroom trips! About 3 times a night I get up to go! I thought maybe it was all the water I've been drinking, but I always drink water! I have also noticed I've been having a lot of dreams about "cheating" on the diet. Not gorging on cake and bread or anything, but I'll add a "bad" ingredient to a recipe or eat something on the "do not eat" list accidentally. And I'm not even craving/thinking about those kinds foods when I'm awake! Weird!
Old 11-14-2009, 02:35 PM   #26  
My goal = health

Today wasn't a great day for me - we are having company for the weekend, so lots of treat all around. I tried my best, though so hopefully the "official" weigh in tomorrow will be OK.
Old 11-14-2009, 02:39 PM   #27  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Kimmie, I'm adding my welcome. Phase I.5 is a slow transition into full Phase II. It's our own invention because soem folks gained weight when they quickly changed into full Phase II.

to you too, Asphyxia and your interesting moniker. Frequent potty trips at the beginning are the norm as your body dumps extra water.
Old 11-14-2009, 03:33 PM   #28  
Be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmiblue View Post
I do need to add more veggies, but at breakfast? Do you have any ideas?
Hi Kimmiblue - do you like v8 juice?
It's not quite as good as whole veggies, but it works great for breakfast. I'm always in a hurry in the morning and I don't care much for eggs so on phase 1 I usually have a couple of cheese sticks and an 11.5 oz can of V-8 as I'm driving to work.

Last edited by Heidi58; 11-14-2009 at 03:34 PM.
Old 11-15-2009, 03:16 AM   #29  
Rising from the ashes....

Height: 5'5"

Default Questions

Hello all!

I began phase 1 on Saturday. So far so good. Was out with DH all day and we had a lovely time. We had brunch at 1:30 pm and I still was not hungry at 7 pm when we finally stopped to have dinner. My pedometer said almost 11,000 steps! yay

Here is my question. I did great all day long when we were busy however my job is sedentary for sometimes very long hours. When we got home today I noticed that I felt hungry. I didn't eat anything I shouldn't but what's up with the hunger trigger as soon as I sat down? I really have to find an answer to this as changing jobs in this market is just not an option for me right now.

I did feel SOOOO much better with the reduction in carbs. It was truly amazing.

I am also going to try to get starting weight, measurements and pics posted tomorrow along with planned short term and long term goals.

I look forward to your guidance.

~Deb

Last edited by OnTargetforLife; 11-15-2009 at 11:49 AM.
Old 11-15-2009, 01:46 PM   #30  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthxxx View Post
Kimmie, I'm adding my welcome. Phase I.5 is a slow transition into full Phase II. It's our own invention because soem folks gained weight when they quickly changed into full Phase II.

to you too, Asphyxia and your interesting moniker. Frequent potty trips at the beginning are the norm as your body dumps extra water.
Thanks Ruthxxx. Can you explain Phase 1.5 or tell me where to goto read about it please?
Closed Thread