South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 04:21 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Thin and Thankful Thursday

Good Morning

It's supposed to be warm and sunny in Denver today (in the 70's) so I'm up and at 'em early. I need to get my work done here so we can load up the doggies, my bike and a picnic lunch and head down to our new hang out, the Golden Community Center. I'll join in on an aerobics class while DH lifts weights, then we'll head outside for a nice lunch. My food choices were better yesterday, so I'm back on track.

I'm still having a bit of a time settling in here, but it's getting better every day.

What's everyone up to today? Stop by and say hello!

While I'm far from Thin, I'm Thankful everyday I stay OP. I'm healthy today, and a step closer to my goal.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 11-05-2009, 04:53 AM   #2  

Morning. Still pre coffee so excuse any jibberish.
Thin and thankful, I like it!
I was off work sick yesterday, I had some bad period pain which turned into migraney kind of symptoms, as it often does with me. My legs cramped up and I couldn't get out of bed. Agony. I was in bed yesterday till 3.30, then went back at 8.30 and slept right through till this morning. I'm hoping this coffee saves me but I must have needed the rest.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 11-05-2009, 06:08 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning

Just a quick buzz in this morning. I've got a meeting "up north" and have to be on the road way too early.

Debbie - Glad the sun is out and things are starting to settle in a little. Hey, I'll take healthy and on plan over where I was three years ago anytime!

Meelsie - Hope the rest helps and today is better.

I loved my new CSA share! You go to the stand and you can pick 9 items. Everything is marked so you know how much one unit is. This time there was nothing limited to one per so I doubled on things I love. Got 2 large heads of bok choi (dinner tonight!), lots of pears, garlic, butternut, acorn and delicata squash and some lovely spinach. I felt like I'd won the lottery It was worth the running around I had to do to get there on time.

Okay, gotta run.
Old 11-05-2009, 06:23 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, all you early birds!

Debbie, thanks for getting us started up. I'm glad your world is looking brighter, and continue to pray it all works out happily for you.

meelsie, I hope you're feeling much better today! How was the visit from your boyfriend?

Cyndi, woohoo on the CSA booty! I know I always feel good when I'm stocked up on fresh veggies and can envision some yummy meals ahead. Have a safe drive this morning!

I'm watching the sunrise on what promises to be a sunny day, although chilly. I guess there won't be many more mild days this year. I'm really surprised, though, that my geraniums, salvia and begonias are still alive and flourishing. I hope they'll still be going strong when Ruth is here, so she can see my beautiful gardens.

Time for more coffee and my oatmeal, then on with the day.
Old 11-05-2009, 06:38 AM   #5  
Be happy.

Good morning ladies!
Thin and Thankful sounds good to me, too.

It's funny how perspective changes, eh? I am feeling great about the weight I lost this past month and was excited about digging out a few pairs of smaller pants to wear to school. Last night as I went through my box of stored clothes I remembered how disappointed I'd been when I'd bought them.... they seemed so big at the time. Now I'm thinking of them as a 'reward' for staying OP. lol

We've got a dusting of snow this morning. It will be gone by noon if not sooner, but I can't wait to get to school. I promised the kids I'd take pictures of them in the snow today if we really got some. There's nothing like the excitement of 5 year olds!

Enjoy your day!
Old 11-05-2009, 06:55 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

I just put an OP Pumpkin Pie in the oven. Mmmm...the house smells good!

Meelsie, I hope the coffee saves you, too. Jibberish is always welcome here!

Cyndi, thanks for the kind wishes yesterday. Your new CSA sounds spectacular!! I didn't sign up for fall partially because we don't have "choices". Maybe next year. Safe driving!

Cottage, sunrise sounds nice! I've got a bit of time before I see the crack of dawn. Thanks for your prayers! I, too, hope your flowers continue. Do you ever cover them to get an extra week or two?

Heidi, Have a great day! I love your new avatar! I, too, feel happy pulling out new clothes. I was doing that this morning. I think the "perspective" you have is a big part of the recipe for success on SB.

I guess I'll check on the pie and go out and check for that crack of dawn.
Old 11-05-2009, 07:00 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/175

Good morning ladies.
Its finally Thursday and its the last day I have to deal with that place (aka work) this week because tomorrow I have a conference in Wilmington with the other CDFs (career development facilitator). I'm so ready for the weekend.
I hope to walk today during my lunch break. Because of the *wonderful* lady that they hired in the office I've not been able to. She has a fit that I'm not up there as much, but the principal says I am only supposed to be up there when she calls me herself or when the new lady goes to do her DE stuff (which should only be like 1.5-2 hours a day). And this new lady, in her eyes, my job is nothing...when in reality, the program I work for (JobReady) gives the students class credit towards graduation. All the while her DE (drivers ed) is an extra thing...has NOTHING to do with graduation. UGH!! Sorry I needed to complain this morning.
So my ToM started yesterday (early I might add, by 1 day) and Brad seems to think thats why I've been so down in the dumps lately. I just can't seem to be happy. It has nothing to do with him. We are getting married in May and I'm so excited and ready to spend my life with him. I just feel useless. I have this education that I have yet to have the opportunity to use, I live at home because with my pay I could afford a place but nothing else (ie: power, water, food, etc), and I feel like Brad thinks I take advantage of him. I ask him about it constantly, but he says he doesn't. He says I do more then my part, but in my head I feel like I don't. I wish I knew what was wrong with me lately. I can't be much fun to be around. *sigh*
Well ladies, I'm off to figure out what to eat for breakfast. Sorry about the long-winded post. Just had to vent and get things off my chest. Yall are awesome and I'll talk to ya later.
Old 11-05-2009, 07:04 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Just checking in and it's nice to see all the Early Chicks.

I got of to a bad start this morning with very low blood sugar but OJ and some toast seems to have solved that. I was OK to take out the garbage so that's what counts. Donna comes to do her regular cleaning today so I need to scurry around and do a quick tidying. Back later.
Old 11-05-2009, 11:00 AM   #9  
Becoming.

S/C/G: 282/266.1/165

Height: 5'3

Beautiful morning to you all!

Lexxiss: Your day sounds so nice! The weather AND the plans. It is supposed to be nice here too... I think I will wash my car. Oh the fun! LOL

Meelsie: I hope you feel better today.

Cyndi: mmm veggies! I don't really know what bok choi is even though I hear about it a lot. Spinach and squash FTW! that is TOTALLY the lottery win! lol

Cottage: isn't it beautiful to watch a sun rise? The world seems to be quiet... and then slowly it comes to life, vibrant and beautiful.

Heidi: I completely understand about the pants sizes... they seemed so big when I had to buy them, now if I could just get INTO them. Way to go on the loss so far. Getting into a smaller size really is fun!

Sillyfluff: (big hugs) to you. You certainly can always vent. Sometimes, it helps just to get it out of your head, right? PM me anytime, too, if you want someone to talk to.

Ruth: good morning! I'm glad your blood sugar is better now. That can be kinda scary... but OJ, whether its OP or not, generally fixes it quick. I did hear somewhere that protein will bring it back up too, but at a slower pace which I guess is better but if your blood sugar is REALLY low, who wants to wait.

As for me... it's been a crazy couple of days. We thought we might have H1N1 in the house... roomie's 4 year old had flu symptoms and puking this weekend so we sent the 5 year old to grandma's and he's had it this week now too. Then my roomie started puking. She went into the ER and has gall stones. She had a surgery consult scheduled for this morning but couldn't stand the pain and the pain killers weren't working last night so she went back to the ER. They kept her and she just went into surgery now.

I got a call from the temp agency I work through, and they are sending my resume to a receptionist position that would be full time- permanent. Keep your fingers crossed that they want to interview me!

It is a gorgeous day out.. I will probably chill on the computer this morning and then wash my car by hand this afternoon. Maybe do some spiritual work and / or reading. I suppose I should do my job search and some resumes as well.

Have a wonderful day!
Old 11-05-2009, 01:39 PM   #10  

Height: 5' 7"

Good afternoon everyone,

Busy day at work as usual. The sun was shining so I walked outside for lunch and did my intervals to music on my cell phone.

Tonight will be doing more laundry and packing for the weekend. DH left today as our checkin was today versus tomorrow so I will meet him tomorrow night down there with all of the kiddos.

Have a good afternoon everyone.
Old 11-05-2009, 04:18 PM   #11  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

SWAMPED!
Old 11-05-2009, 05:57 PM   #12  
hand to mouth disease?

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

I'm very glad to be down to 217.6 (it's TOM today). I was driving home from school (it's a 1.5 hr drive) and my back was hurting, kinda like there was a rock in my pants...just couldn't be comfortable...down in the lumbar area.

I got home and realized...that I have more of my special benign tumors like the ones I have on my rib cage...huge but I hadn't noticed them in my badonka-butt. I guess it's time to call the doctor to let her know I found more.

I suppose the silver lining is, they're going to be surgically removed (i.e. not something I have to lose in a diet!)
Closed Thread