No Witty Title Wednesday!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Sometimes I just need to give the old brain a rest. I've been taking it out and putting it in the jar on the dresser but it still isn't working well in the mornings. The formaldehyde must be getting too old.

Haven't checked the weather yet but I think we are getting milder temperatures and maybe some rain today. That'll do my new plantings a lot of good and save me from lugging the hoses around later this morning. There's gym on the schedule and pet therapy at noon plus some leftover prize work from the Fair. No flies on me today.

How are you this morning? Bright-eyed and bushy-tailed? Dragging your butt?
    In any case, it's Wednesday and we are climbing over the hump. Come and chat.
  • Morning.
    I'm dragging my butt this morning, and I don't know why. I was going to get up with Jake, but rolled over and burrowed down under the covers and slept deeply for another hour.

I have a day of cleaning and errands ahead of me, but should get home at a decent hour. Today's supposed to be sunny and mild, so I promised the girls we'd start working on making scarecrows after school. Mice ruined the one we made last year, I guess storing him in the barn wasn't such a great idea.
  • Happy Wednesday, Chickies!

Ruth, I can be perky in the morning, but never clever. My brain is sluggish. Sounds like you have a busy day planned.

Cottage, I tried to roll over and go back to sleep when Jeff got up, but it didn't happen. Bummer!

We have big-wigs from the United Way coming to our office today. We have to 'defend our budget'. From what my co-workers tell me, we never have a problem. But, my boss twitterpates over this meeting. I think we are all ready for this week to be over.

I've been wanting to ask you Northern Chicks a question. My winter skin is already starting. Between heaters, fire places and low humidity, my skin is a white, flaky, itchy mess. I've tried most major brands of lotion, but haven't found the perfect one. What do you use?
  • Morning, Chelby! I'm glad your gumbo was a huge success yesterday! I don't usually like to endorse any particular product, but I love Gold Bond Ultimate lotion. I swear by it in the winter months! I keep a bottle of it next to every sink in the house, and another one on my bedroom dresser.
  • Good morning It's sad - the coffee is gone already.

Ruth - Another busy day! Hope you enjoy that sunshine while running around

Cottage - Sometimes an extra hour of sleep is exactly what the doctor ordered. Scarecrows sound like fun. Any chance you will share pics?

Chelby - I have lotion everywhere - work desk, home desk, bed side, and purse. I like Nature's Gate for extra dry skin (or something like that) and keep Eucerin Plus in my purse. I also use aloe olive oil soap. Gotta cover all bases

Today will be the first almost normal work day for me in awhile. I've got a visit this morning. Then we have lunch with the new state division director followed by a normal afternoon of paperwork. I'm definitely sneaking a walk in there somewhere. Have to enjoy these last warm days.

I've been invited in for a real interview with the organization I was on the phone with. Not sure if it's a job I will want but it sure feels good to be interviewed. It's been a long dry spell of no call backs.

Still sticking to plan including enough exercise. So far the whoosh fairy isn't visiting and I wonder if I've used that one up and just need to eek out 1/2 lb at a time. I hope I remember this next time I start "experimenting" with food. (hey that chocolate looks great, wonder if it will look as good on my butt later?)

Hmm, should I prep apples for drying, work out or just lounge around with my extra hour this morning?

Happy, painless hump day to all
  • Good morning ladies.
    Well today is going to be yet another crazy day during good ol' spirit week. I'm stressed out already because I had to write up this testing plan and it took the teacher FOREVER to get her modifications list to me so I can get everyone through test training. Now I have 3 people left that still need to go through it and I'm not getting any answers. UGH!! Come on Friday...I need ya.
    My fiance' will be home on the 30th and I am SO ready. I miss that man like crazy. I was supposed to work out yesterday but I felt like crap when I got home so I ate and dozed off and on on the couch.
    I wonder if I'm going to make it through the week...these kids are driving me crazy....
  • Good Morning Everyone

Thanks for getting us going, Ruth. I like it when the rain and I agree on what needs to be done. It waters much better than we do. Have a great day-busy as it is.

Cottage, glad you got an extra hour of sleep-sometimes that last one is the best. I, too, would love to see the scarecrows-I can't even imagine making one. You are so clever with the girls.

Gumbo Queen, when I come visit someday I'd love a lesson. It seems one of those things I wouldn't try from a recipe. Sorry about the early wake up but hope you enjoyed your quiet time. I use organic olive oil for my skin-it's simple and healthy-sometimes I add essential oil. Weird? maybe...it works for me.

Hi Cyndi, if it was as easy to take off weight as it was to put on, we'd all be slender. The only way seems to stay away from "experimentation". I'm working on that. Do you slice your apples by hand or use a slicer? I used my slicer yesterday and it worked great. Enjoy your "normal" day.

Me, paperwork on the agenda but first I'll hit the gym and pool. I think I'll add a new component and walk from one to the other today. I've been procrastinating the compost pile but I'll be really sorry when it freezes I'd better get to it soon.

to everyone yet to come. Have a great OP day, I plan to.

ETA- Hi SFluff, I hope everything works out and you don't get too stressed. I'm going to try the meatballs you suggested. Glad to hear your fiancee is home soon.
  • Quote: (hey that chocolate looks great, wonder if it will look as good on my butt later?)
    Oh, that's priceless, Cyndi! I'm going to use that as my new mantra!
  • Ph1D3, so far so good, although last night the cravings started. I think I'm going to start salivating every time I hear the man on tv go "MMM MMM MMM MMM MMM.... Toasty." Going over to Chris' to watch a movie tonight, so there will be temptation.

My body apparently doesn't feel the need to sleep while on prednisone. I was up most of the night. Of course, I replaced sleep with peeing every 4 minutes, so at least I had something to do.

I'm ok! I'm ok. Positive thinking. Seeing the boyfriend. No scaring him away with being a crab.

Oh and Cyndi, I have plenty of chocolate, potatoes, and pasta on my butt that I've been hanging on to in case of famine.

Gotta dry my hair and boogie. Later chickiedoos!

Lisa
  • Good morning, all

I don't know how I moved to Seattle overnight without leaving my bed but looking outside, I'd swear thats where I am!

Ruth: LOL no chance of you being eatin by wild dogs and found 2 weeks later... (ok I hope you've seen Bridget Jones' Diary)

Cottage: Oooh making scarecrows sounds like fun!

Chelby: Good luck with the United Way!

Cyndi: I'm sure your hour has come and gone.. but I vote for lounge around lol and good luck with the interview!

Sillyfluff: hang in there! It will be Friday before ya know it. Breathe deep, center, and think positive

Lexxiss: *waves* Hope you stay well... I heard from my sweetie that there was a possibility of a state of emergency in Colorado with the swine flu.... I've been waiting for him to come out but with so many ppl out sick there's no one to cover him so he can come see me.

Weezle: hahaha if ya can't sleep... PEE! or something. lol

as for me... today I will be grocery shopping and getting my hair cut, job searching and possibly throwing in a workout dvd. No reason to go outside and get all rained on. I suppose then maybe a book or listening to some podcasts on my ipod.

I thought I was getting the flu... but whatever it was/is isn't moving through my system. It's stuck. From the breast bone to my belly button. It comes and goes... and feels like I've done lots of ab work and wore out my muscles (but I haven't done ANY) No flatulence ... no stool issues.. So I'm trying to figure out what it is.

My two ideas were lactose intolerance or an ulcer. Well, I have almost all the symptoms of an ulcer.. especially the coming and going pain and where it's located. I don't have my medical assistance yet... so I'm going to try to get through it until then. We shall see.

I think I'd rather it be swine LOL

Have an easy peasy day!
  • Alright, kidneys are good. Now just waiting on the other tests.....
  • Quote: Alright, kidneys are good. Now just waiting on the other tests.....
    keep us posted...
  • Good afternoon,
    Go figure, they have been working on our street all summer and today is the day that they are paving the road, lots of trucks and traffic is being rerouted and we are suppose to have delivery of our fridge.
    Will try to get back later.
    take care
    Sophie
  • Good afternoon,

Sounds like everyone is having a good day. SillyFluff hang in there, try to get some exercise tonight that will relax you.

Weezle that is great that one test came back good, keeping fingers crossed for you on the rest of the results.

Gothik you might want to try aloe vera juice that is very good for curing digestive tract problems.

Okay back to work- have a good day everyone
  • I'm ready for the rain to stop. They say we will get 4" today and I believe it. The puddles are deep. At least it should stop before I camp Friday and Saturday night.

I'm a bit tired today. Don, Kelly and I played Poker on Facebook until midnight last night. I was having so much fun I didn't want to bed. Then Brian's cell phone alarm went off around 4:30! I'm not sure why he set it for that since the regular alarm doesn't go off until 5:40 which is still really early.

I had lunch with Don and Joe today at the cafeteria and ate healthy. I did get a workout in last night while Brian had his Faith Formation class but I'm not going to have time for another until maybe Sunday afternoon if I'm not too tired. Tonight is the Troop Committee meeting and I have to go take minutes but I'm fixing a dinner from the SBD Quick & Easy cookbook first.