South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 08:14 AM   #31  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Hopefully the internet will stay connected long enough to get this out. We've been having some morning problems with our connection. Wonder if someone in the neighborhood is downloading big files in the morning?

Debbie - Enjoy that lovely weather. At least it isn't snowing here this morning! We don't eat Gardenburgers much because they are a little higher carb than DP wants and I just usually stock things we both eat. I have enjoyed them in the past though. I love their chicken things.

Ruth - Wow, I need some of your motivation. I hope you get some sun while you're working outside.

Cottage - Plenty of cool fall weather here - come on up What are you making for the week?

Lisa - We are cycling together too! That explains a little Chris might as well see it now. Remember - plenty of beans (I know) and dairy to keep the carb crash under control.

Silly - Don't forget to get some snacks to carry if food is part of spirit week.

Chelby - Hey, when I was a kid it was only a quarter I think DD got $1 too. Seems to be just the right amount. Those pictures are adorable.

Gothik- Way to go with the evening out. So many people get side tracked by going out with friends. You really seem to have a system that works for you. Isn't it great to know we actually can say no to stuff that isn't good for us? I always felt stronger afterward. I'm with Chelby BTW - enjoying your night out stories

Twynn - That puppy is so cute Do you have a name yet?

Cat - I know you found something fun to do

Pearl, Paula, Barb, Heidi

Today is supposed to be both cold and rainy, so no yard work for us. I hope to get some cooking for the week done (after I borrow some ideas from Cottage ), some apples in the dryer, and a little cleaning. Then it's off to see Where the Wild Things Are and dinner in town. It will be nice to end the weekend with some fun time out.
Old 10-18-2009, 08:31 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

Ruth - GOOD for YOU!! A ME day is awesome! I hope you enjoyed!

Cottage - which factory outlets did you go to? I might have to go to the Hershey ones to do a little XMax shopping this year.

Chelby - 20 bucks is nuts!! Tooth fairy brought my kids a "gold coin", which is a dollar. They are thrilled beyond belief, and love to show it off. Rumor has it, the tooth fairy ran out and had to go to the bank for more!!

Cyndi - enjoy the day! I kind of like the cold rainy days as an excuse to not get out, and get some stuff done at home (my DH can't STAND staying inside).

Gothik - I'm with them....living vicariously through you!

Debbie - How's everything going with the new pup? Does it seem like he was meant to be there?

Lisa - Need more info on this Chris guy! Good luck this week! I need to do the same thing too....

Me - the pup is awesome! No name yet, suggestions are welcome. She has the sweetest little sad face, and is very happy but timid too. I thought of calling her Mouse. My friend looked up mouse in other languages, too hard!! She broke my morning quiet/coffee/newspaper routine, since i took her on a walk first thing. Good for me to get out and get moving though!

Other name suggestions from the kids: Poppy (kinda cute, huh?) Tink (short for Tinkerbell, of course).

Have a great day!

Last edited by TwynnB; 10-18-2009 at 08:34 AM.
Old 10-18-2009, 08:51 AM   #33  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Maybe we need a support thread for people who should know better getting back on track I'm still like that little kid I was - I can walk on the path but constantly step outside the lines just to see if I can get away with it
Old 10-18-2009, 09:01 AM   #34  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Cyndi - So you're tellin' me that we're both detoxing AND cycling together? So Chris gets to experience me uber-crabby with an uber-crabby detox buddy? And yes I know, eat beans, so I'll be stinky on top of it. Crap. Ohhhhh we'd better hope he really loves me. Guess we'll find out!!!!

Twynn - Chris was a complete accident. I've known him 8 years. He's my friend Angie's brother, who I crushed on before I even met my ex-husband. I guess he's liked me the last 2 years or so and when all the crap went down with Tom, he was really worried about me because I wasn't sleeping, I was so depressed, etc. So after he asked me several times to do something, I finally said "ugh ok FINE" and as it turns out, he and I have nearly everything in common. The things we don't have in common, we complement each other perfectly. Here are the important parts: responsible, no temper, affectionate, caring, funny, smart, and really does love me. Oh, and he loves to cook!!!

Just lazing around here for a bit, then have to get cleaned up and head over to Chris' house, and then to Sherman where his parents live. It's his mom's birthday today, and he's doing the cooking. BIG stereotypical Italian family. I need to perk up a little bit so I'm ready to get pulled in 800 different directions! In the last month, this is birthday #3 for me. And he signs the cards "Chris and Lisa." Aw.

Alright, snuggle time for the next hour. Have a good day girls!!!! Keep warm!

Lisa
Old 10-18-2009, 09:10 AM   #35  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Hmmm doggie names I like: Rowdy, Wrigley, Addison (Addy)

I will try to come up with more.
Old 10-18-2009, 09:43 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

No food involved in spirit week....just really REALLY irritating teenagers. LOL
May need a drink after the week is up.

Last edited by SillyFluff; 10-18-2009 at 09:44 AM.
Old 10-18-2009, 10:11 AM   #37  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning everyone,

Quick swing by for me this morning, need to get ready for church, will try to pop in later.

The Good news is the Sun is shining whewhoo haven't seen it in a week.
Old 10-18-2009, 10:29 AM   #38  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning

Pearlrose - Congratulations, you have made it to onederland.

Ruth - your new flowerbed will look so lovely in the spring, can't wait to see pictures of it.

Cottage - I use to love shopping your way but now I discovered that there is no tax in N.H. although the selection isn't as good.

Cyndi - I can't just smell the wonderful cooking aroma at your house today.

Tywnn - my goldies name was Holly, born on Halloween and we got her for Christmas.

Lisa - I'm so glad things are looking up for you. Chris sounds wonderful.

SillyFluff - I'm all for you having a glass of wine after dealing with teenagers.

Debbie - your day sounds nice and relaxing.

me - not much on my plate. Garden clean up today and roasted chicken and preparing the kitchen so my monster fridge can get in.
take care
Sophie
Old 10-18-2009, 11:00 AM   #39  
Becoming.

S/C/G: 282/266.1/165

Height: 5'3

good Sunday morning, all!

I'm barely awake... just got my first cup o joe. Karaoke was alright last night... it was at a bowling alley where they were having a bowling tournament so as you can imagine, there were a lot of drinks flowing. Our "Get Down Tonight" went over well and we even got dancers! Love it when that happens...

I came home early though because I was running a fever. No idea why. I did manage to break it overnight though, so thats good.

Once I become human (a.k.a. drink a couple of mugs of coffee) I will be gettin the chicken chili in the crockpot. YUMMO! Can't wait to try this recipe!

Thats all for now I guess... nothing much planned today. Make chili, job search, watch football sounds like a wonderful day!

Keep it beachy!
Old 10-18-2009, 11:51 AM   #40  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Pearlrose You're over the hump!

I'll check in later I'm going to be late for church

ETA

Cottage "October showers bring May flowers"

Silly, I'm chuckling:Lol: are there others who don't have spirit during spirit week? Reminds me of pep rallies

Jellybean Glad you stopped by.

Cyndi, I'm thinkin' today the thing you wouldn't like about Alaska is lack of internet Have fun at the movies-I should see what it's about.

Twynn, We're smitten with Bing, but he has some separation anxiety (and a heart murmur $$). We'll work on both. I'm excited to hear your pups name. I think Poppy is very cute...also Tink. I think it's good to pick a name from the kids...with several exceptions..ha ha

Lisa, I've missed you but don't envy detox. Get through it and hang out closer to home. Sounds like a wonderful guy, Chris.

Sophie, thanks for the message about knitting. I'd call myself intermediate-I don't have patience for things that need to fit (like people sweaters). Chix sounds good.

Gothik, I have a mental image of Karaoke and a bowling tourney Hope you're not getting sick. Football and chili sounds like a winning combo.

The big question of the day is knit first and clean later or?? Think I'll knit first.

Last edited by Lexxiss; 10-18-2009 at 03:23 PM. Reason: ETA
Old 10-18-2009, 12:04 PM   #41  

Lisa - Chris sounds like a winner. I was worried about you for awhile.

Me - I took Rex to Dirty Dawgs where I gave him a bath yesterday and he smells so much better. I finished watching the movie Alexander that Don and I started watching on the cruise. After that I checked Mafia Wars and noticed Don was playing poker so I stayed up until midnight playing and flirting online. That was a lot of fun. I'm not sure what his plans are today but he said he'd call if he was free for lunch. I've got to get to the grocery store but I don't pick up Brian from his Dad until 7PM.
Old 10-18-2009, 01:34 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Twynne, I went to the Reading outlets yesterday, mainly Vanity Fair. It was packed, but they had a lot of good sales. I haven't been to the Hershey outlets, but I'll have to check out what stores they have. BTW, I like the names "Scooby" or "Taffy".

Cyndi, I made Butternut Squash Lasagna and Mediterranean Harvest Gratin to get me through the week. The lasagna recipe is one I made up, and the gratin is a Wegman's recipe. I also made myself an SBD-friendly apple crisp to keep me away from the apple pie I made for Jake.
Old 10-18-2009, 02:34 PM   #43  

I hate this time of year! It truly gets me in a "blah" place. I have to strive to stay on track with everything. I'm one who needs the sun to survive. Fortunately, we've had a few days of sun-shiny days. I feel myself snapping out of this, slowly but surely. A little cloudy today but the sun is peeking through.

I'm going to clear out my refrigerator/freezer today. I need to do an invetory so that I can get back to menu planning and cooking at home everyday and for every meal. We had a few fast food days due to ugly, rainy weather and an insane schedule. As I've said before, if I don't plan I fail around this time every year!

Anyway, may you all have a fantastic Sunday!
Old 10-18-2009, 03:51 PM   #44  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Happy Sunday!!!!
It is a gorgeous day here after over month of rain. It's cool and no humidity. Had to turn the heater on this morning.

We had a nice adventure yesterday. Seems that the October fest event was in the evening, so we checked what was happenning in the area, headed across the Mississippi to the river road and went to a "mourning" tour at a plantation. Had a lot of fun. Then hit a Greek/Lebanese restaurant on the way back. I had leftover mousaka for breakfast today.
Today is just grocery stuff and housework, but I'm nearly done and put a big pot of soup on..the whole house smells like terragon...yum!
Old 10-18-2009, 04:29 PM   #45  
Becoming.

S/C/G: 282/266.1/165

Height: 5'3

the white chicken chili is very good... I threw in a bit of white cheese blend in my bowl... (mozzarella, smoked provolone, asiago, parmesan, romano and fontina) very yummy!
Closed Thread