Quaker Multi Grain Hot Cereal

• I was wonderng if someone could tell me if the Quaker Multi Grain Hot Cereal is ok to have on Phase 2?

1/2 cup serving

- 130 calories
    - 1g fat
    - 0 cholesterol
    - 0 sodium
    - 29g carbs
    - 5g dietery fiber
    - 0 sugar
    - 5g protein
  • KDHW, can you list the ingredients, not the calorie breakdown? This WOE is all about the ingredients and not so much about the calories.
  • From our Phase2 food list:

"Hot: serving sizes vary check the label for recommended amount. Choose whole grain and slow-cooking varieties (no instant types) with at least 3g fiber and no more than 2g sugar."

My understanding is the reason we don't do "instant" is because it affects blood sugar in a different manner than slow cooked. I am going to buy Steel Cut Oats next time because chickies here have shared that they just add the water the night before and then can just pop it in the micro in the morning.
  • Just keep in mind that "multi-grain" doesn't necessarily mean "whole grain". And the reason we avoid "instant" is because it's been too processed and the "germ" has been removed.

Make sure you check the ingredients and see if the first ingredient listed is a whole grain.
  • If you need something fast you could make it ahead of time then pop it in the micro?
  • ok, I will look when I get home and post it....thanks!!!
  • Quote: KDHW, can you list the ingredients, not the calorie breakdown? This WOE is all about the ingredients and not so much about the calories.
    ingredients listed -

100% natural rolled
    rye, barley, oats, wheat
  • Looks just fine. I could do with a bowl right now.
  • Quote: Looks just fine. I could do with a bowl right now.
    yyyaaaaaaaa thank you so much for your help....have a wonderful day!!!