3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Menu Advice Please!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/182153-menu-advice-please.html)

Niki1081 09-20-2009 09:05 AM

Menu Advice Please!!

So I just wanted to make sure I am doing this right, it almost feels like I am eating too much food!! This was my first day of phase 1...any suggestions?

B: 3 egg omlette with 1/4c feta, mushrooms, fresh herbs, 2 slices turkey bacon (a recipe i got online)
S: 15 nuts, cashews
L: tuna salad with walnuts (another online recipe) and baby spinach with romaine.
S: 2 deviled eggs
D: turkey sausage with roasted veggies (radishes, mushrooms, asparagus, broccoli and cauliflower)

Am I on the right track? It feels like too much, but yet somehow am still hungry...of course. Damn those carbs!! :p

Ruthxxx 09-20-2009 11:14 AM

:welcome:

Have you read the most current version of the book? Carbs in Phase I ARE OK but are limited to dairy and legumes. Check out the Revised Phase I Food List in the FAQ Section. Add some yogurt or milk and some beans and you won't be hungry.

Join us in the Phase I thread for support and more ideas and pop into the daily chat too.

obnurseonsb 09-20-2009 12:34 PM

I felt the same way the 1st few days too......hungry, yet felt like I was eating enought to not be hungry. Personally, I think it is about finding the right balance of foods for you.....my bf needs more protein then I do on SB, while I need more veggies and less protein.

Play around with things a bit. If you are losing weight, and still feel a bit hungry, add a little something more at a meal. I started adding a bit of LF cottage cheese to help me out, or some cheese at snack time to get me through.

One thing that is great on Phase One......Oscar Meyer LF turkey or ham lunch meat, spread with some Laughing Cow cheese, and veggies. Divide the Laughing Cow between a few pieces....French Onion or Swiss is delish! Top with your veggies, roll up and eat. Great snack, or side dish for a salad, etc. Filling and tasty.

Good luck.....takes a few days to get over the hump.

murphmitch 09-20-2009 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niki1081 (Post 2933622)
S: 15 nuts, cashews
L: tuna salad with walnuts (another online recipe) and baby spinach with romaine.

Your limit on these nuts is 15 per day, so be careful and don't go over that.

Niki1081 09-20-2009 05:51 PM

Thanks everyone!! I will definitely use those tips! (esp about the nuts, I didn't even realize I was going over!) Maybe I should make out meal plans, I haven't done that yet. Oh and I just bought the book, so I'll be reading it this week. Hopefully that will help too!

beachgal 09-23-2009 12:24 PM

Niki, you've got a lot of protein sources, some of which are high in bad fat and calories, and very little from other food groups. You also need to make sure you limit your nut intake--either have the 15 cashews, or have the tuna salad with walnuts, but not both. Okay?

:carrot: Instead, bulk up on VEGGIES!!! :broc: Make sure you have veggies with every meal. The more fibrous they are, the more full you will feel. Like, instead of the two deviled eggs for snack, try having a load of celery with two wedges of Laughing Cow Light cheese on them. Or have a bowl of homemade (sugar free) 3 bean salad, which I think of as the ultimate Phase 1 food: fiber, protein, good fats, and veggies. Filling and good at keeping the "SBD flu" and constipation away! ;)

It's great that you're finding recipes online, and I think it's also great that you're being creative. Just up your veggies, make sure you're getting good carbs (dairy, bell peppers, tomatoes, beans and legumes) every day, and ensure that you drink a lot of water (if your urine is very pale yellow, you're getting enough). Sometimes we confuse hunger with thirst.

Thanks for sharing!