Thinking Thin & Thankful Thursday at the Beach

• Hi Everyone

Lexxiss and I have already been out this morning. It's kind of balmy. I was a bit suprised. She's feeling better which means I'm feeling better, too.

We're packing up to head over the hill this morning. If we can leave by 7:00 I can make it to the pool for H2Yoga. The house is a disaster. All we've done since we've gotten here is drop and run to the next event. It's been fun having my Bro and Sis around, and they'll head over the hill later today for some poolin' and fun. This will be another quick trip. Lexxiss has a procedure on Friday, then Tuesday we'll return here for her first appt with a Vet who also practices acupuncture.

Foodwise, I've done pretty good, and look forward to getting back into my exercise routine. The good news for me is that I'm down several more sizes at Lane Bryant. I bought a couple of dresses yesterday on sale, but neither style suited me. Oh well. I was just so amazed at the sizing that I had to buy something!

I know it's still early but I'm getting another pot of coffee ready as we speak. Sit for a few moments and let's catch up on things. . What's up in your world today?
  • Thanks for getting us up and running this morning, Debbie, and I'm so glad Lexxiss is feeling better. Enjoy the rest of your company's visit today!

It's another chilly morning in these parts. When I got home last night, it felt so good to snuggle under a quilt and sip hot tea before bedtime. We're supposed to warm up into the 80s today, though. I had planned to make a pot of vegetarian pumpkin chili for myself today, but now I'm debating whether I'll still want it for supper. Jake is enjoying his carnivore version, though.

I like your choice of a title for today's thread, Debbie. I know we're all thankful to be thinner.
  • Good morning, Cottage. Quilts, hot tea, and pumpkin chili sound very comforting today. It will be very warm here, too. Enjoy your day.

I just had a chuckle-many folks wouldn't relate to my feeling "thin" at 200 pounds, but I'm thankful the numbers are going down-slowly but surely.
  • Good morning Coffee is going to be the lifeline of the day today. DP was up coughing at 4, then the cats decided it was party time It may be a long day.

Debbie - Glad to hear Lexiss is feeling better. Hope the two of you have many more good days together.
    Looking at your numbers you may not be a Lane Bryant shopper much longer The temptation of smaller sizes is hard to resist. I am a thrift store fiend and a good thing too because I love clothes, especially in smaller size

Cottage - I'm definitely making a pot of that chili this weekend.

It's my Friday so all I have to do is get through the day and then it's on to the weekend crazies. I'm working my way through a large box of peaches. I can't resist a bargain and these seconds were impossible to resist. I'm freezing some for oatmeal and smoothies in the winter but also want to try some of the canned peaches Debbie made. I assume I can just use a big heavy pot if I don't have an actual canner? I have these lovely little jars that would be perfect for the peaches. I'll probably make some leather too. That's trickier because I just want to eat it all as soon as I make it

Looks like another sunny, pleasant day. I'm going to get out for a walk at lunchtime. How is your day shaping up?
  • Another beautiful day here! If this is fall weather, I'll take it! Not a chance of rain until next week and temps up to 75 every day.

It's strange to have the dogs in the kennel but nice to feel a bit less pressure in the mornings. I hope to "spring" them later today. They really like the kennel - they both jumped out of the car and ran right in the other day. I guess it's fun for them with new people, other dogs and being able to bark as much as they want without someone interfering.

Today I tackle pear, peaches and tomatoes but also have a doctor appointment at noon. It's with my darling Dr Jack who is rather pi$$ed off about my knee problem. I will be getting a referral to a different ortho for an evaluation of the other knee which is also wonky. Being overweight for a long time is hard on the joints so ditch the poundage while you can, chickies. It is not easy as you get older.

On a brighter note, I've now picked out all paint colours and fabric for a custom blind and the ceramic tiles I chose are here and just gorgeous! We are tiling a small area at the doors to the deck. I will do pictures when it's all done. I promise! (I'd better read the manual for the darn digital!)

I love the title today! Thanks, Debbie, and hugs to you and Lexxis.

Cottage, I'm in chili mode today too and am going to throw it into the crockpot. I must get your pumpkin chili recipe - or is it here already?

Cyndi, you will need a rack for the bottom of that big pot and some way to lift out the jars after they have processed. I have two pots down in the basement. Maybe you can drive up over lunch and get one.

at the rest of the Beachies. Gotta jet as Paul will be here shortly and I'm not in my "work" clothes.
  • Good Morning, Friends!

Debbie, I'm glad Lexxiss is feeling better. Isn't time with siblings fun? I like mine so much better since we are all adults.

Cottage, We've already had chili, too. I'm ready for some real cool weather so I can make seafood gumbo -- not SB friendly, I'm afraid.

Cyndi, I canned tomatoes last year and didn't have a rack to lift them out of the bath. Hubby bent the tip of my tongs to fit under the cap rim. Just have to be careful.

Ruth, Good luck at your doctor's appointment! Hope he can fix you right up!

Me: It should be another quiet day. Since school started, we don't have many kids in the office during the day. We try to make appointments for kids in the 3 and 4 time slot. Our next 4:00 appointment is mid-October! My boss and my supervisor will both be out today. Party at the Children's Center!
  • Hi Cyndi and Ruth! Thanks for the kind wishes. They are much appreciated.
    Cyndi, I too, am a thrift store fiend but....I just couldn't resist trying the new size and the dresses were really cute...they fit were a bit too short for my taste.
    Ruth, I'm glad the pups have fun at the kennel. I have been noticing that mine like their "Doc" much more than they used to. I will sure be excited when your project is "picture perfect".
    It's the day for things to malfunction here-first the carpet cleaner (kitty barf) and now the vacuum. Spots are clean, the hair will have to wait-I'd rather swim than play electrician. Note to self: keep working, swimming pool awaits.

ETA-Hi Chelby Party on!
  • Good morning everyone. I hope you're all having good days and that partners, puppies, and everyone else feel better soon. Today is ds's first time without a parent at his Montessori preschool, just a half day, but it's so strange to be alone in the house without him. I pick him up in 3 hours, so we'll see how it goes. Dh took him to school and said they had one of those water tables set up with boats, etc. and that ds was totally involved. But because of the holiday weekend they don't meet tomorrow so he gets to come to class with me. I'm not sure how to fit him into a lecture on religious sectarianism and biological theories for the origin of religion, but we'll see!

Dh grilled steaks last night, but marinated them in a very sweet sauce with lots of brown rice syrup. I had a growly stomach and weird hunger pangs all night. Guessing I had some sugar issues.

Pumpkin chili sounds amazing. Looking forward to true fall.
  • Hello chicks!
    Debbie, I can totally relate to feeling thin at 204! As a matter of fact when I transitioned from an "obese" BMI to an "overweight" one, I wanted to throw a party, but I didn't think anyone would get why I was so happy to be overweight. Lane Bryant was a good friend to me for a long time. Even now in the mall, my feet want to veer in there. But there are lots of other great places to explore. I do love their jeans and can still wear the 14s - if I get out of those one day, I'll be lost as to what to buy. Soon you will be in "onederland"! That's also a great feeling!
    Enjoy your quiet time, Daisy!
    Happy Adventures in Peaches, Cyndi!
    cottage, I've got to get out a quilt. I've just got a sheet and light summer spread on the bed and I've been freezing all week. By the time I wake up cold it's the middle of the night and I don't want to get up and go in the attic, then during the day I forget about it.
    Chelby, Ruth, all y'all have a great day! (That was for you chelby)

Okay, BBL, DH drained the battery on the car and wants me to come help somehow.

I'm back! so, DD2 is staying after school for her first Middle School Dance, and then she has Scouts tonight. I think I've got enough leftovers to call it dinner. Should be a quiet day, but I've got a lot of work to do for a meeting tomorrow.
  • Hey guys, how are you?

I don't know if anyone remembers me, but I haven't been here in months because my dial up was cut off due to lack of funds. Several months, a marriage, a move, and some pounds later, I have returned. Got hitched in February and there's been many ups and downs since then, not just on the scale but in our new marriage! But now we're reunited and have moved into a nice home. 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom, and the master bathroom is awesome! And now we have fast DSL so I can keep up with things. Hope I don't come off like a braggart, it's just that I'm really excited to finally have nice things.

In July, I lost a lot of weight with the SBD only to have it return in literally 2 weeks (the past two weeks, at that.) It doesn't even seem possible, but that's what the scale says (and I feel it in the fit of my clothes and my rapidly plumping belly!) I was very proud of how I stuck to Phase 1 when in the past, I've had trouble with it. I'm gaining belly fat like there's no tomorrow and I'm ready to embark back on Phase 1 after I hit up the grocery store and get prepared.

Eating my kid's animal crackers is just not gonna cut it anymore.

Wish me luck! Hope everyone is doing well and it's nice to see some familiar faces and some new ones as well. Is Loriann still around?
  • Morning Ladies!

Fat Melanie~Best of Luck Starting Phase 1!
    Ruth~Good luck at the Doctor - I'm glad your puppies like going...my two four legged children get scared as soon as we pull up!
    Cyndi-Make me another pot while your at it! DD went for her well check yesterday and then woke up sick this morning! I hate it when she has to get shots!

Loving this weather! It's supposed to get warmer for another week, but the cooler temps are on the way! I love fall!

Waiting for my MIL to get here so I can go to work. I hope that everyone has a blessed day!

Thanks for the morning company and for everyone here!
  • Good morning everyone,

Debbie: Glad to hear that Lexxis is doing better. That is a great about several sizes down. I can't wait to get back to onderland, clothes are saying yes but not sure what the scale will say.

Cottage: I make some chili tonight it is fallish feeling here loving it.

Cyndi: Let us know how the canning goes. Hope DP gets to feeling better.

Ruth: Hope the doctor is able to help you.

Chelby: Yeah for quiet days at the office. I think some people are taking a long weekend as it is quieter than normal, I am getting stuff done.

Daisy: Maybe you could get DH to set aside your portion and not marinate next time just grill it for you- have fun building ds into your class tomorrow

Schmoodle- I am so with you- when I went from obese to just overweight that was the best feeling in the world, now to get to healthy would be wonderful.

Welcome back Melanie- I remember you, glad you are back on board. Loriann shows up once in a while to post.

As for me- tonight is clear nothing on agenda so I am going to just hang out with DD2 and relax. Tomorrow is wfh and then three day weekend.

Have a great day everyone
  • Good afternoon all!

I had an early morning gig so I wasn't able to post. The busy season is picking up so I won't be able to be on as much. Better late than never.

I'm still on plan. I need to make my menus for next week. I'll be on the road a lot so I'll definitely need to plan something where I can toss in my lunch bag with a few ice packs. It's about time for a trip to Costco as well.

One more day 'til the weekend guys!