Am I doing something wrong?

• I have lost some weight but havent lost any inches? Whats up with that?
  • It took me a good 30 pounds before I saw a major difference and people started noticing. I also lost weight in areas I wouldn't expect - my boobs went down a band size and a cup size, my feet have gotten smaller, and I can see my collarbones.

My stomach - now THAT'S another story - but I've heard that the first place you gain is the last to go.

Maybe it's just that you're losing in an area you're not measuring...and congrats on the loss, BTW!
  • Are you using a measuring tape to determine that you aren't losing any inches? Or are you guessing?

I measure several places, chest, waist, hips, thighs, calves, bicep and neck. It was odd, when I lost weight on the scale I really didn't have much changes in measurements, when I lost inches, the scale hadn't changed much.

Are you exercising?

Isn't it funny when your feet get smaller? I noticed that when I lost the weight a few years ago. And I agree with grneyedmustang, it took a substantial loss for people to notice-about 30-40 pounds.

Good luck
    Sarah in MD

Sarah in MD
  • Thanks for the replies yall. Yes I am exercising. I am measuring the waist and hips. Its kind of frustrating but Im pushing forward and not letting myself get too discouraged.
  • Robyn, I'd suggest measuring your arms (biceps and wrists at least), thighs, calves, ankles, bust (under and across breasts), at least. You may be losing in those areas and not noticing.
  • Thanks I will! How often should I measure myself?
  • I'd say not more then weekly-maybe every couple weeks.
    Sarah
  • Thanks so much!!!
  • Robyn, your inches will fluctuate depending on lots of things, but if it were me, I'd go for once a month, and aim for the middle of my menstrual cycle (if you tend to get bloated during that Time Of the Month (TOM)) and early morning, as we can tend to get more "swollen" as the day goes on.
  • Im with Laurie- Once a month is great for measuring!
  • Thanks! Yall are awesome and ALOT of help!