3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Hump Day Hurdles 9/2 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/180797-hump-day-hurdles-9-2-a.html)

cottagebythesea 09-02-2009 06:33 AM

Hump Day Hurdles 9/2

It's Wednesday already! :)

It's another very cool morning, and I'm warming up with my coffee. I do enjoy this weather, but will miss summer. I think we only ended up with 2 or 3 weeks of it. Audrey even remarked yesterday that it "smelled" like Halloween. :)

Only 2 more days to go until my vacation! I'm going along with my DD to take my GD back to college in Maine next week. I'm looking forward to the trip, but not the reason we're going, though. Thank goodness for the internet and cell phones! ;)

I'm working until late this evening, so I have a few extra hours this morning to get some things done around here. I think I'll finally tackle that cleaning that I keep putting off, and maybe put on a crockpot full of chili for Jake's supper.

Ruthxxx 09-02-2009 06:44 AM

Good morning, Cottage. Yes, it does smell like Hallowe'en! Chili! That's what I want to make. I sort of forgot it over the alleged summer.

I'm off to the gym shortly. Donna has joined and is driving this morning. It's strange to not have any dogs this morning. They went to the kennel after pet therapy yesterday and will probably be there into tomorrow. Paul is removing the dog fence this morning and moving it. I want to be sure it's absolutely secure before I get my babies back. That Jazz can get through the tiniest space!

Later this morning, I'll can peaches and maybe harvest some beans for dinner and drying. I have a garden club meeting tonight which I'd like to skip. The speaker will talk about ornamental grasses, something that I don't care for, especially with a 100 year old house.

Hope you can leap over your Hump Day Hurdles! (Good title, Cottage!)

CyndiM 09-02-2009 06:54 AM

Good morning :coffee2: Just a quick check-in this morning because I'm off to a meeting up north. I'll wave to Ruth when I get there ;)

Cottage - Smell is one of my favorite things about fall :) Chili does sound good. I may need to toss some in the crockpot.

Ruth - Hope you have a good morning at the gym :carrot: You and Debbie have me thinking about saving some peaches for winter. I'll stop by the stand tonight to see if there are any more utility peaches.

DP is feeling a little better but still pretty sick. There is some early flu going around and she has it. I'm hoping my immunity will get me through without it because I really don't have time for it right now. The good thing about spending almost 30 years working around young children is developing great immunity, hope it holds!

Okay, time to get moving. I'm sure I'll check back in this afternoon.

TwynnB 09-02-2009 07:28 AM

Good morning chicks!

Cottage - vacation. I think I needed two weeks, can I have another? ;) Chili sounds fantastic, I might have to change the menu for this week!! My kids actually enjoy my chicken and black bean chili, and I get them Fritos to dip into it.

Ruth - Can't wait to see the final pictures!!! Enjoy your day!

Cyndi - Ewww, DP needs to get better pretty quick! She's got some marryin' to do!! I hope you don't get it, I hear ya on the not having time to be sick!!

Me - Did pretty well yesterday...not completely clean yesterday, since we had regular barbeque sauce on the pork, but that was planned (and I'm not that die hard right now). I'm doing well at keeping the snacking under control, which was my main concern. Of course, work so busy, that's easy to do!!

Today - surgery day, and I believe it's a tad short...so trying to have lunch with DS and DH. DS is spending the week with me at work, since he's in b/w summer school and school. He was fantastic yesterday at work, then PURE DEVIL last night. I think because he didn't get any physical activity, but what else could I do? After work - off to take DS school shopping!

Have a great beachy day!!

Lexxiss 09-02-2009 08:04 AM

Hi Everyone:sunny:

Yes, chilie when it's chilly! Just a quick check in with greetings. The family all got here, but dinner wasn't until after 8, so it was a late night. I slept in a bit, and now have to really get going to finish up before everyone wants to get going.

We're refilling the dehydrator with more peaches, and I need to get the kitchen back in order and the house picked up for company.

Cottage, thanks for the coffee!

Cyndi, Twynn, Ruth and others yet to stop by :wave: :wave:

DaisyDuck 09-02-2009 08:22 AM

Hi all,

DH made chili yesterday, coincidentally. It was actually OP, so that was cool. He baked it all day in his solar oven and it was tasty.

I'm feeling discouraged. Just started P2 and both days I've had whole wheat bread, I've gotten hungry for most of the day. Yesterday morning one slice of ww toast and thinking about food and wanting to eat and eat all day. I ate good things, but couldn't get full. I looked and saw the glycemic index for ww bread is almost exactly the same as white bread. Am I missing something?

The good news is fruit doesn't seem to trigger much. Not sure what to do. Does whole grain vs. whole wheat make a big difference for folks? Do some people just never have any kind of bread or pasta again? We have soy flour in the cupboard now, maybe I'll do something with that.

Sorry so whiny, having a cranky morning.

Kim_Star060404 09-02-2009 09:04 AM

Good morning, everyone. I've been trying to figure out what's been keeping me from posting here and I finally got it! Actually, it's not a good reason at all; it's because I'm utterly ashamed of the way I've been eating the past two weeks. I'm done with that and moving on and hope to get the scale back down soon. It really is a testament to how accountable we are to each other here, whether we realize it or not!

Cottage: Mmmmm...a crockpot of chili sounds great! Maybe DH will decide he wants that this weekend rather than BBQing. It's so much easier to clean up! I hope you have a wonderful day with the girls and don't have to stay on the job too late!

Ruth: I feel your pain; I could care less about ornamental grasses and my house is only about 30 years old! There's a biologist for the state that is always telling Jason and I how great they are for the wildlife, but so many are invasive that it's not worth it! Enjoy your time at the gym; it's great that Donna's going and you have a buddy to share the drive with.

Cyndi: Good morning! I hope DP (soon to be DW!!!!) gets to feeling better soon AND that your immunity sticks. With a week-and-a-half (right?) to go, neither one of you can really afford it!

Twynn: I hope it is a short day for you so that you can enjoy lunch with your men! Good luck getting all that shopping done!

Lexxiss: Good morning! Enjoy your company!

DaisyDuck: Sorry your having such a hard time with P2! I'm no expert, but I will give you my thoughts on the matter. The pros here can steer you straight if I'm wrong. I really think that the problem could be the time you're eating your bread. When I eat my bread or fruit in the morning, it tends to lead to cravings all day long. If I eat it a little later in the day, say for lunch or my mid-afternoon snack, I do a lot better. Also, the type of bread is going, but I'm sure one of the other ladies can get into the specifics of that. Hope your morning gets better!!

Okay, now that personals are done, I need to get moving if I'm going to get to work on time! Hope to be back!!

Schmoodle 09-02-2009 09:34 AM

Hi chicks,
Happy Hump Day

Daisy, Ph2 is all about experimenting to find out what your successful combo is. First check your bread to make sure it meets the guidelines. It is truly whole grain, low sugar? If so, and if you want your grain in the AM, maybe try some oatmeal instead. I can eat oatmeal in the morning without any probs. Or, as Kim suggested, try having it later in the day. Make sure you are eating protein and veggies with it. Some folks have problems with wheat in general and have to stay away. I don't eat bread or pasta every day, just when I am craving a sandwich or some spaghetti. My grains are usually oatmeal, triscuits for an afternoon snack, or brown rice with dinner (not all on the same day, of course!).

Hi Kim, glad to see you back. I haven't been posting much lately either. We all seem to find our way back eventually, though!

Enjoy your company Lexxis!

Hope you have an easy day today, Tammy.

Cyndi, I sure hope DP is better soon, and that you don't get it.

Ruth, why don't you like ornamental grasses? DH was talking about putting some in, and our house is 92YO. Would it be anachronistic?

cottage, I am loving the weather but a little sad that it's too cold to go to the pool, as it's the last week we can use it.

DH and I took a nice long walk this morning, and went on the hilly path, so I can really feel it in my legs now. Things are quiet around here for the moment. It's too early for all the activities to have started, but Girl Scout starts tomorrow, then dance classes next week, and so the running will begin. We plan to keep a handle on DD2 this year though, and not let her get into too much.
I am so on track with food right now, it's scary. I haven't felt this in control in a long time. It feels great. I'm planning menus, journaling my food, and checking calories at the end of the day. So far I'm coming in between 1450 and 1900, which seems pretty good.

Pearlrose 09-02-2009 09:49 AM

Good morning quick check in for me- busy at work as usual.

Daisy make sure your bread doesn't have high fructose syrup as one of the ingredients- it is really hard to find any in the stores that do not have that ingredient even if it says 100% whole wheat. That makes me hungry all day.
I bought Ezkieal bread at Trader Joe's and that rocks. One piece in the morning with natural pb on it and v8.

Tried to make steel cut oatmeal at work in the microwave this morning and that was a disaster to say the least.

Tonight is HS guidance counselor giving a presentation for parents of seniors and the taking DD2 to soccer practice. Dance starts for her next week and Schmoodle I am with you I am only going to let her do two things at once, she wants to do girl scouts but I am going to wait until soccer is over and then find a group.

Have a good day everyone

Barb0522 09-02-2009 10:00 AM

Work has been busy this week. I'm secondary on call and have gotten paged for several password resets so I have to stay close to home (except tomorrow night when I have someone covering me so I can help run Cub Roundtable). I finally have a session with my trainer tonight and I am really hoping I don't get paged.

Brian was in a better mood yesterday and he played on the Wii with his friend over the internet which he enjoyed. I've got some stuff I have to get done before Roundtable so I am hoping work cooperates.

Chili still sounds too wintery to me. It's only 70 right now but the high is supposed to be 94 today in Dallas with ozone alerts again. It does feel cooler than it has been though so I'll take what I can get. I personally hate the cold.

Chelby29 09-02-2009 10:12 AM

Good Morning Everyone!

We had our first PTO meeting last night. It was interesting hearing how a school runs. Last year, every teacher got $525 for classroom supplies. This year, they got nothing. The PTO is going to try to make the difference with fundraisers. I'm officially in charge of the Fall Festival for Auston's class. It's going to be fun.

We're having a little adventure in the office today. A wild cat had her babies under our Center about 2 months ago. There were three kittens. Now there is one and the mom. My boss has been 'whispering' the kitten. She finally let him pick her up this morning. He brought her in the building, which was NOT her plan. She's hiding out in one of the offices. My boss has gone to buy a cat carrier and we're going to get her fixed before releasing her back to the yard. She'll never make that trusting mistake again! ;)

Hope your day is wonderful!

SunshineCA 09-02-2009 05:29 PM

Happy Humpday everyone! :)

I'm not able to post in the morning as much as before as my busy season has begun. I'm staying on plan and doing well with my weight/inches loss. I have to pop in regularly as this is when things get rough for me and I need this site the most.

Keep up the good work everyone! Enjoy the rest of your day! :)