3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Sloppy and Showery Saturday and Sunday (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/180443-sloppy-showery-saturday-sunday.html)

Barb0522 08-29-2009 04:33 PM

Ran some errands and got my hair cut. Nothing much else going on except on hold with AT&T to disconnect dialup we got many years ago and I no longer use. Not sure what I'm going to do with the rest of the day.

sophie 08-29-2009 06:28 PM

Hi Chickies

Checking in from beautiful sunny Alberta. Daughter and SIL are back from Vegas. My daughter works for Flight Centre and had a promotional trip to Vegas. We have been babysitting our 2 year old grandson and although we are tired it has been a wonderful time. Just love him to pieces. Went to Banff with him and the drive thru the Rockies was beautiful. The trip here thru Canada wasn't that great because the weather was dreadful.
We are babysitting again next week since she has to go to Seattle and then it will be a slow drive home. Wish I could say that every day was on plan but not so although I have been having alot of salads.
take care
Sophie
will check in again when I am home

SunshineCA 08-30-2009 12:13 AM

Home with Cabernet won. ;)

cottagebythesea 08-30-2009 07:19 AM

Good Sunday morning! It's looking pretty darned gloomy, but at least last night's rain is out of here. I'm glad I got my chard plants moved yesterday, as the rain will help get them settled in their new home. :)

There's nothing on my schedule today except for catching up with the laundry and maybe baking a chocolate zucchini cake for my friend who is recuperating from her 15th shoulder surgery in a year, poor dear. And the kids will most likely be over later this afternoon, expecting to be fed. I'm not sure what to make for dinner, as it's too hot to turn on the oven and may be too rainy to cook out on the grill. Maybe something in the crockpot?

Ruthxxx 08-30-2009 07:28 AM

Happy last Sunday of the summer that wasn't! The party last night went on despite the rain and it actually cleared up and was glorious. Lots of fun and way too much food and wine.

Today will be more of the same at my sister's luncheon at the farm. Rain is in the forecast starting at noon so it'll be indoors - not a problem as Joan has a large farmhouse with a family room and screened porch addition. I have to devil three dozen eggs so had better get cracking if they are to be "set" for noon. I put cream cheese in them and they need to chill a bit.

Hope your last Sunday of August is fun and peaceful.

femmecreole 08-30-2009 08:05 AM

Good Morning!
Gloomy and rainy here too as it was yesterday afternoon.
Spent all day long yesterday working on powerpoint reading lessons for this week and grading papers. Still have to enter all the grades online this morning. Got a little housework done, but never made it to the grocery store yesterday so have to get that chore done today. We did go out to eat breakfast yesterday morning and while out went to the dollar store and I was able to get 10 Thesaurus and found a bunch of sentence strips and wiped them out of those (usually about 7 bucks a pack at teacher supply place)

Got myself one of those cute netbooks this week, so I can sit on my bed to make powerpoints etc, and then just bring the little netbook back and forth to school. I love that thing. Just not sure of how much "time" I have in the internet package yet. Don't want to go over the bytes! But it's great when my husband wants to play on this computer and I have work to do.

CyndiM 08-30-2009 08:27 AM

Good morning :coffee2: I'm just sitting down with breakfast after taking care of last night's batch of dried zucchini.

Cottage - 15 shoulder surgeries sounds pretty awful. Hope this one does the trick for her.

Ruth - Sounds like lots of fun up in the Delta :)

Cat - I wondered who those netbooks work for. Makes perfect sense. I hope you will get some down time today.

Sunshine - Sounds like a lovely evening :)

Sophie - :wave: it's nice to see you

Barb - I have one of those dial-up accounts too. Time to give up my old email address.

There will be more dehydrating and freezing today, but some fun too. We worked extra hard yesterday so we could get some time to play today. We are going to a nearby park to rent kayaks. DP hasn't tried it yet so should be interesting :) Now if the sun would just peek out a little it would be perfect.

femmecreole 08-30-2009 09:00 AM

Cyndi, thanks for that link to garden shot. We have the same raised beds. Love them! Did you plant right away or give it time to "blend" first?

CyndiM 08-30-2009 09:25 AM

I planted in that one immediately. We had a big pile of leaf mulch from last fall, so largely composted already, and used that as the base. I'm building a large bed this fall for next year's tomatoes. Now I just have to come up with a better way to stake the beasts :)

Pearlrose 08-30-2009 10:06 AM

Good morning everyone,

It looks to be a beautiful morning here, the sun is already out. On agenda for today is church and then need to finish up some chores here will try to get outside this afternoon and enjoy the nice weather.

We had success finding the perfect dress for DD1- it ended up costing $50 original it was $125, but she loved it so much, I said okay.

Have a great day everyone.

Lexxiss 08-30-2009 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruthxxx (Post 2901493)
Hope your last Sunday of August is fun and peaceful.

Thanks, Ruth. I had a moment of truth reading your post. August is really over. We do have one more summer weekend with Labor Day coming. The pool goes back to winter hours a week from Tuesday. Deviled eggs sounds so good. I may pull out my little DE pan and make some. Enjoy your family time.

Cottage, is there a SB sort of friendly recipe for Chocolate Zucchini Cake? If not, I may make the carrot cake and use zucchs instead. I picked a zeppelin yesterday and gave it to the neighbors. I'm like you with garden fever, it's going to be a long winter for me.

Pearlrose, your DD's dress sounds perfect. Nice it was on sale. Enjoy your putzing around day.

SunshineCa, hope you enjoyed your peaceful night at home. Doesn't it feel wonderful to be home and healthy, rather than on another "bingefest". :lol:

Cyndi, we bought a new dehydrator. It's a Nesco Snackmaster "Encore". This was the one I could buy in town and we have 10 trays. We'll try it on peaches later today. Thanks for the info.

Cat, I just love the dollar store. Enjoy your Sunday. I really like hearing about your classes and students.

Me, time to pack up the computer and some misc stuff and head over the passes. Family comes in tomorrow. We'll be back here Thurs, and I don't feel like cleaning so we'll catch that before everyone else arrives. I do have to do something with the kitchen-peach mess everywhere. The jars do look beautiful, and I'm excited to taste the product and give a report on canning with Agave.

Have a great day everyone!

femmecreole 08-30-2009 11:31 AM

Cyndi, have you seen those neat spiral stakes at gardener's supply? I was thinking about ordering some for next year. (they are on sale now) I got some of the ladder ones this year, but the spirals look cool. I am going to try to buy 1 big pot every month and put them around my fence for veggies next summer.

Barb0522 08-30-2009 11:43 AM

I had plans to exercise last night but I got paged while picking up stuff for dinner in the grocery store and spent 1 1/2 hours working. I ended up just fixing dinner, eating and then going to bed soon. Not much planned for today but I WILL make it to the gym.

SunshineCA 08-30-2009 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyndiM (Post 2901539)
Sunshine - Sounds like a lovely evening :)

It was! ;)

Quote:

posted by Lexxiss
SunshineCa, hope you enjoyed your peaceful night at home. Doesn't it feel wonderful to be home and healthy, rather than on another "bingefest".
Yeah, peaceful until the teenagers came home. :lol: Overall, I had a wonderful, stayed-on-plan night. ;) No "binge-fest" in sight. :)

Lexxiss 08-30-2009 12:24 PM

Hi Barb. Have fun at the gym.

Sophie, you probably won't read this but it was nice to see you. I've started my fall knitting.

Sunshine, happy Sunday.