South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 07-03-2009, 06:13 PM   #1  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Default Ideas for SF/FF Pudding Mix?

I really don't feel like shoveling through the recipe threads so I thought if you girls had ideas, you could post them here. I have an overabundance of the little 4 serving boxes of SF/FF Jello Pudding Mix (4 Chocolate Fudge and 2 Vanilla.)

Besides just.... making pudding and living off of that for then next 6 weeks, does anyone have any dessert ideas for it, or know of any recipes that use it?

PS Little Guy comes home a week from today!!!! We get him back EARLY! WOO HOO! (He's ready to come home.)
weezle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 12:29 PM   #2  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

bump? Anyone?
weezle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 12:48 PM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

If you can find ww graham crackers you could mix pb into thicker pudding and freeze it between the crackers, think ice cream sandwiches.
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 12:52 PM   #4  

Height: 5'11"

I don't do South Beach so I may be suggesting something that isn't on plan for you, but I have mixed the FF/SF Cheesecake pudding mix with a little bit of yogurt (and a splash of milk). I let that sit for a few minutes in the fridge and then throw a handful of bluberries on top of it. It tastes almost like real cheesecake because the yogurt gives it a different, firmer consistency. I would imagine that doing the same thing with chocolate pudding mix and then putting raspberries on top would be good, too.
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 11:22 PM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

You could make frozen pudding pops. The recipes say to mix as directed and freeze in popsicle molds. At the price of SF FF fudgesicles it would be worth buying the mold. (I think)
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 01:56 PM   #6  
Started SBD 1/26/04

I don’t know if this is what you would be looking for but with all of the fresh fruits right now I make a lot of parfaits out of the SF/FF puddings.

I start with fruit on the bottom, then pudding, then fruit then pudding, then a little bit of whipped topping/cool whip on the stop. I usually put more fruit than pudding in each glass.

Depending on what fruit and pudding I am using sometimes I sprinkle a little cinnamon or nutmeg on the top. I have also sometimes cooked the fruit so it is warm and make it right before I serve it so you have the warm fruit and cold pudding. That is my favorite way to do it when I have peaches and blueberries. I don’t have parfait glasses so I just use any clear glass that I have on hand.

Sometimes I mix up the fruits in each layer and sometimes I just use the same fruit throughout. Depends on my mood and if I want it to look pretty or just get it done.
Sheba's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 09:49 AM   #7  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Do you have an icecream Maker?

Also you could skewer some fruit and use the pudding as dip. perhaps make it with ff evaporated milk mix in some nuts and have it like a "nuttellaesque" spread>

Last edited by beachgal; 07-13-2009 at 01:54 PM. Reason: If you want to add something to a post you've already written, just hit the "Edit" button. :)
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 01:55 PM   #8  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

I've made pudding pops with mine--I got the reusable molds from Amazon for under $15 and love the pops they make!

There's a ziploc ice cream recipe in the forums that uses pudding, I think.

Re: Cyndi's idea, I made my own graham crackers using WW graham flour and splenda. They were divine! I'd be glad to share the recipe.

I agree with KO...dipping strawberries in chocolate pudding is really yummy. Apples in caramel pudding is good too.

Last edited by beachgal; 07-13-2009 at 01:56 PM.
beachgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 02:43 PM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

It was a really hot milkshake kind of day yesterday. I whipped out my smoothie cup, added water, some powdered non fat milk, a heaping tablespoon of SFFF chocolate pudding mix. Blended it just enough to pulverize the ice cubes and had an excellent milkshake!

It is on my list of repeats!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote