3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Thursday Coffee and Chat (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/176270-thursday-coffee-chat.html)

Ruthxxx 07-09-2009 05:58 AM

Thursday Coffee and Chat

This morning I put some DaVinci SF hazelnut syrup in my coffee and it's yummy! It's cool (the furnace clicked on) but is going to be a sunny day :sunny:for a change. I'm off to the Fair Hall shortly to get the schoolwork judging underway. My regular judge is sick so we are going to wing it!

This afternoon I hope to get some garden work done and then start getting my stuff together for my "wild" weekend in Toronto with my sister and brother. I have no idea what they have planned for this belated birthday celebration but need to be prepared. :carrot:

Sit and chat a bit. :cofdate:

CyndiM 07-09-2009 06:19 AM

Good morning :coffee2: I'm more relaxed now than I was an hour ago because I decided to use a half a personal day for a couple of hours of time to catch-up. I was awake at 4 am thinking of the things I haven't gotten done so this seems like a good idea (and I have 58 personal days so might as well use it).

Ruth - A wild weekend in Toronto sounds like lots of fun :) I hope you get into that garden today.

I'm heading to my parents this afternoon, so no internet after mid-day. Should be a busy weekend. My parents are very happy because tonight will just be my brother and I, no families. Tomorrow his gf and her kids and parents will join us so it will be a busy day. Then Saturday and Sunday morning just me again. I will be so ready for quiet when I get home. Of course I have treats and a new toy for the dog ;)

I'm watching baby orioles at the feeders this morning. Apparently they do like strawberries (I thought they might so put a few out there). They are eating us out of house and home but are fun to watch :)

Hope the sun is out where you are today.

cottagebythesea 07-09-2009 06:32 AM

I'm glad the sunshine has finally reached you, Ruth. That's going to be a tough job, judging the artwork. Those kids are really talented!

Yesterday was fun, we spent the morning at the park with friends, then we invited everyone over to my pool until it was time to go to Art Camp. I bet the girls were exhausted by bedtime. :) Today the morning is taken up with riding lessons and their summer tutoring teacher is coming, but we'll have the afternoon free for whatever comes up.

I did slip a little yesterday and had an ice cream that my friend had bought for me. I didn't really want it, but it would have been awkward and rude to refuse it after she already bought it. I don't like having to tell everyone that I'm on SBD, but I guess I'm going to have to. ;)

Well, I have a head of cauliflower that I want to pop in the oven before I leave this morning, so I'd better get to it.

Lexxiss 07-09-2009 07:16 AM

Good Morning:sunny:

Hi Ruth, thanks for starting us up here. I'm always glad when I see you're going to have a spot of good weather.

Mornin' Cyndi. Good call getting some of your own things done before you head out to your folks. Have a great visit although I'll miss you popping in here.

Hi Cottage. Cauliflower sounds much better than ice cream. I would have eaten the ice cream, too. But your dilemma gave me a moment to ponder. At least you have some time in. I really wouldn't have wanted to eat that yesterday. If at home, I would have politely put it in the freezer for later and cite some tummy problem. I really don't want to tell everyone I'm on SB, either.

Me, off to my usual this morning. Haven't had that cup of coffee to figure the rest out yet. We've been going over to our other home to mow the lawn once a week, but we got invited to my CSA partners 50th bd bash Sat. night. I'm pretty excited because its at our local cuban restaurant. I can eat totally OP. Black beans, chicken and who knows what else. I got a great cedar chest at a yard sale last weekend, so I'm going to finish filling it today. It was really a great find. Ahhh.............I need coffee. See you all later.

Chelby29 07-09-2009 07:35 AM

Good Morning!

Ruth, Wasn't it 90* last week? And the Furnace today? I'd be so sick! Stay well. :)

Cyndi, I love watching bird feeders, too. Between cardinals and squirrels, the seed goes fast!

Cottage, What do you do with roasted cauliflower?

Lexxiss, Cuban food is great! Just have to say out of the rice. ;)

Me: My day is going to be easy. The Therapist is out for the day, so no clients. Hooray! My boss and supervisor both have a meeting at the United Way in Birmingham. My supervisor will be in till noon. It will be only me and a co-worker most of the day.

The secretary before me had a responsibility she, obviously, hated and didn't do. Have been working on it off and on since May. I hate it too, but I'm NOT going to let it pile up! I finally finished it yesterday. I did a dance! Where's that silly carrot? :D

Better to get in the shower. Get to wear my pretty, silver Birkenstocks today. Love it!

cottagebythesea 07-09-2009 08:13 AM

:coffee: Ahhhh! All my morning niggles are done and now I have a few minutes to sit and chat before I have to run off.

Chelby, I just roast the cauliflower and eat it as a side dish. I like to prepare most of my supper in the morning since I never know what time I'm getting home at the end of the day. It's nice to come home and just have to put the finishing touches on a healthy meal. :)

Debbie, the ice cream was a soft-serve cone, so I had to eat it immediately. ;) Otherwise, I would have put it in the freezer and given it to one of my grandchildren later. I love yard sales and have gotten some really great buys. Your cedar chest sounds nice!

Cyndi, have a nice weekend with your family. That must be a cute sight to see, watching the orioles.

Ruth, I just finished that jar of strawberry rhubarb sauce you gave me. I meant to use it on a pineapple cake, but have been enjoying it on my oatmeal, instead. Yum!!!!!!

phxsunflower 07-09-2009 08:14 AM

good morning ladies, Wow It is already almost the middle of July! This summer is moving right along. The kids are keeping me jumping with all they do. Last week for swim team but they will still go to the pool to work on their strokes. So busy. The heat is on in the desert southwest, no rain yet but hoping the monsoon will bring some. I am hanging in on plan but nothing seems to be moving. I guess the body is adjusting to the new shape so here is to maintaining and not gaining! Well gotta get going and make water bottles up and some to go breakfasts.

Have a great day and a safe one too!!

Don't forget the sunscreen!!!

PHinsUP! 07-09-2009 09:51 AM

Good morning gals! another bright sunny day here in the south... but who knows.. you never know when your gonna get a pop up afternoon thundershower. I've got a much needed day(evening) off so I'm thrilled!
I'm going to make out my menu and head to the grocery store then cook and freeze! So I'll have supper at work and my hubby won't have to freak out everynight wondering what he can eat for supper!
I've got to figure out what I want for breakfast... hmmm do I want eggs or EGGS! LOL one more week on P1! good thing I really don't mind the eggs! :)

Chelby29 07-09-2009 10:13 AM

Phins, I made an egg/cheese/veggie casserole, cut it in squares, and eat it for breakfast every morning. Very easy and delicious.

ArmyAng 07-09-2009 10:51 AM

My nephews are coming in from Michigan for two weeks today. I'm excited! I haven't seen them since August, so it will be nice to hang out with them!

PHinsUP! 07-09-2009 12:06 PM

I decided to go with the Western Egg White Omelet.. which usually turns into the western egg white scramble! but the cooking gods were smiling on me this morning... it actually worked! woo hoo.. I made my first pretty omelet this morning... (and I have worked as a chef) so this is a big feat!
I've been working on my menu and shopping list this morning.. and just remembered that a little organic produce marked that i've been wanting to check out is opened on Thursdays! and I think another little farmers market is open this after noon... so I'm gonna have a FUN day of shopping.

SunshineCA 07-09-2009 01:32 PM

Mmmmm....coffee!!!! :coffee2: That's what I need!!I had another late night. This is the 3rd night in a row that I haven't been able to sleep. Needless to say, I'm sleep typing. I so need a nap but my 7 year old is wide-eyed and bushy-tailed as he slept like a baby!!!

I'm glad he only wanted Cheerios this morning. My daughter decided she just wanted a muffin as I took her to summer school. As my oldest runs off to school, he decided he'd grab something on the way. Lucky for me, I had the other half of the omelet I made yesterday, yogurt and a V-8.

May you all have a Terrific Thursday!! :)

KO 07-09-2009 02:43 PM

Hi Ladies
Been WFH today but All sorts of Craziness ensued and My kitchen was covered In Jelly and broken glass EEP.
The Cheesefest was Carbotastic I truly now loathe white pasta it kinda tastes like Paste! I did taste some great cheese tho
Eep I forgot I didn't finish it
I'm about to put an experimental PB cheesecake in the oven! :devil: If it's good I'll have something to help me survive my own brownies at our Work Pizza party next week!

Barb0522 07-09-2009 03:46 PM

I got a good workout in with the trainer last night. We even got some heavy rain/hail that cooled things down so I got some of the weeds pulled. I really need to get a new weedwacker to do behind the pool since my old one died.

I got the car back from the dealer yesterday with the leather installed and it is so nice now. I also found out that if I had known, I get an employee discount on Ford vehicles and could have saved $1600. Doesn't look like there is any way to get it now. Oh, well, that's life.

Pearlrose 07-09-2009 05:13 PM

Hello everyone, done for the day at work so have a free moment to post.

Cyndi- Loved those whale pictures you posted yesterday, how exciting it must have been to see up close and personal.

Yesterday my baby turned 6, we had a wonderful time at her party it was so fun it ended up only being six little girls but we had a homemade pinata my gf made and then we did makeup, hair and nails and they had so much fun. Lots of feathers all over the house by the end of the party from the feather boa's they all got but they loved it. Now I just have to print out a picture for each of them to send in the Thank you cards for each of them as a keepsake. Next one, DD turns 16 in two weeks, then I will have my two oldest driving as DS has been driving for almost 2 years.

Hope everyone has a wonderful evening. My eating has been good today I am really trying to stay op and get this scale moving.