What's for dinner in the summer?

You're on Page 8 of 21
Go to
  • Quote: I am having baked chicken with steamed vegetables. I start to feel like I'm running out of dinner idea's is it just me?
    Hi Sandy:

Do you have any of the South Beach cookbooks? One of my favorites is the Quick & Easy Cookbook. You can also search the net for great recipes.
  • Sandy - that's one of the reasons we start these threads - to share meal ideas. There are hundreds of recipes in the recipe section. Have you looked around there yet?

We have been missing our crockpot bean dishes so I'm making red beans and rice with veggie chorizo tonight. Greens or zucchini swirls on the side
  • Tonight we're having Savory Chicken Saute', salad and broccoli.
  • We went to Max & Erma's for a late lunch/early supper, and I had the grilled shrimp fajitas. I did eat one tortilla before guilt got the better of me. And I had an Amaretto sour, too.
  • Took my roasted turkey and green and yellow beans to the Pypers' cottage tonight for dinner. It was one of those pre-stuffed Butterball turkeys that you cook from frozen and turned out really well. There was rhubarb and strawberry pie to but I passed in favour of two glasses of wine. A good evening in a lovely place! http://www.cottagesunlimited.com/cottpages/cott24.htm
  • Steak Stir-Fry and salad.

I'm using leftover London Broil that I cut up before putting some in the freezer.
  • Today's supper was zucchini, onions and cherry tomatoes wrapped in a foil packet and grilled on the BBQ, with a tofurkey beer brat.
  • We just finished our turkey/buffalo meatloaf and stir fried zucchini. It was a late night after returning from our road trip.

Tomorrow night is chicken drumsticks on the grill. Everyone else is having fresh corn, I'll stick to zucchini and salad. It sounds boring but everything is fresh, organic and local!
  • Grilled chicken, roasted tomatoes, zucchini, summer squash and asparagus with stir fried onions, mushrooms and peppers, couscous. I went wild with veggies today.
  • Tonight we're having Baked BBQ Chicken, salad and broccoli. I'm going to make the South Beach BBQ Sauce this time instead of buying it.
  • We got busy Saturday so the planned red beans were last night's dinner. I used some of my veggie chorizo stash and tossed in some dried eggplant. The eggplant disappeared into the mix but added nice thickness and flavor. We opted to have homemade bread instead of rice so I served the beans over sauteed cabbage. Yum. Tonight is yoga so it's every woman for herself
  • I'm planning on braised Swiss chard with cannellini beans tonight, topped with a little shaved Parmesan.
  • This will be a busy week so I need to plan and stick to it!
    Tonight will be grilled veggies with a small marinated pork steak. (I just realized I planned the veggies first! CyndiM and Cottage are good influences!) I've got cauliflower, red and green peppers and yellow zucchini and might sneak in a small new potato.
  • Ruth - Most nights I plan the veggies first. That's a definite SBD change for me. Of course this time of year it's so easy
  • BTW ~ My South Beach Diet BBQ Sauce came out perfect! I even bottled it. The kids loved it! I don't think I'll buy BBQ sauce ever again!