What's for dinner in the summer?

You're on Page 10 of 21
Go to
  • Out for a treat. King Crab night at my Moms nice spot. Totally OP, I pass on potatoes, rice and dessert. My favorite SB eat-out .
  • I'll eat some of my take from Farmers Market today (minus the sweet corn of course.) I'm was excited to find purple green beans! The lady said if you boil them they turn green. She wasn't sure what steaming would do to them.

• Nice visual, Anne. Thanks.
  • Quote: I'll eat some of my take from Farmers Market today (minus the sweet corn of course.) I'm was excited to find purple green beans! The lady said if you boil them they turn green. She wasn't sure what steaming would do to them.
    What an awesome bounty! Especially the purple green beans. My 7 year old would get a kick out of those!
  • We're having whole what spaghetti leftovers and salad.
  • Sirloin on the grill (marinated in the flank steak marinade from the recipe section here), steamed brocolli & cauliflower, spinach salad with SB ranch dressing, corn on the cob for my kids and DH.
  • Tonight will be leftover chicken spaghetti from yesterday. I doctored up some Emerill pasta sauce with a ton of red wine, squash,mushrooms and a lot of fresh herbs from the garden. yum.
  • Last night we had grilled chicken marinated in lime, garlic, and olive oil, sauteed zucchinni, and garlic smashed potatoes for the kids. Tonight I think grilled salmon steaks, more zukes (they are prolific right now), and cauliflower mash. I've got an almost-ripe tomato on the vine, so I'm hoping it'll be ready tonight too.
  • I am having grilled salmon,steamed veggies, tomato,cucumber,onion salad.
  • Tonight we're having Marinated Flank Steak, Surprise South Beach Mashed "Potatoes" and salad.
  • A fabulous salad of fresh local yellow & green squash (spiraled, of course), green peppers, tomatoes & garlic, Boca Bruschetta burger for me, and one ear of corn (Phase 3 and no problem with cravings as long as I keep my serving size reasonable).
  • I'm going to be jumping on here, too! I have the menus for the month of August planned, but I'll probably need some new ideas come September. Tonight, DH is having leftover shredded beef tacos (GREAT crock pot recipe) and I'll have a big salad rather than the tacos. (I'm on P1.) We'll have sauteed bell peppers and onion on the side.
  • Quote: I'm going to be jumping on here, too! I have th[/B]e menus for the month of August planned, but I'll probably need some new ideas come September. Tonight, DH is having leftover shredded beef tacos (GREAT crock pot recipe) and I'll have a big salad rather than the tacos. (I'm on P1.) We'll have sauteed bell peppers and onion on the side.
    A big salad with leftover shredded beef I hope. "Mmmm...tacos.....", said in a Homer Simpson voice.
  • Tonight we're having Garlic Tofu Stir-Fry.
  • Taco Bake with lots of fresh spinach and cherry tomatoes on top.