3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Wanted to introduce myself... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/174833-wanted-introduce-myself.html)

jenalberson 06-21-2009 04:45 PM

Wanted to introduce myself...

Hi, everyone! I've been on and off this site for a few years, but in that time have made about 4 posts so I'm still brand new. :)

I am 32 years old, married to a chef (yikes) and have a seven year old son and a 6 week old daughter. (I've got some serious baby weight to lose...)

In all fairness, I shouldn't blame my weight gain on the baby, I was 235 lbs. when I got pregnant. Now that she's 6 weeks old, I again weigh 235 lbs. I picked up the South Beach Diet book at a library sale a couple of weeks ago and am ready to dive in. (I think.) It looks sensible and, with the right support, doable.

I've never been very good at A) sticking to a diet/budget/any other stringent behavioral guidelines or B) belonging to an online forum. I'd like to change both. I look forward to really taking advantage of a forum to gain support, strengthen my will to stick with it this time and also to offer my advice and support. I look forward to meeting you all!!

Take care!
Jen

murphmitch 06-21-2009 05:36 PM

Jen, are you nursing? Phase I is not healthy for nursing moms. Is your hubby on board with this? That would be awesome if he is and can make SB compatible menus, since there are so many wonderful recipes you can make using SB principles. Welcome to the beach! We look forward to hearing from you.

:welcome2:

cottagebythesea 06-21-2009 08:18 PM

:welcome2: Jen! I'm glad you decided to hop on board! If you are nursing, you'll want to either do a modified Phase 1 (including fruits), or skip Phase 1 altogether and start with Phase 2. I'm glad you have the book and have read it. Check out our FAQ section here, too, for how to successful begin Phase 2, and for the latest up-to-the-minute food lists for each phase of this plan.
Good luck, and have your DH try some of the tasty recipes in our recipe section!

jlh88 06-21-2009 09:20 PM

Welcome Jen! I too have a problem with sticking on a "diet" but this forum has really helped with keeping me motivated to change my life and eating habits. Not only does everyone support you, you also have tons of recipes to choose from that makes changing your habits SO much easier!

glitznvixen 06-21-2009 10:55 PM

Welcome Jen!!!

TwynnB 06-22-2009 07:25 AM

Welcome Jen!

Ruthxxx 06-22-2009 08:05 AM

Hi there and :welcome: to The Beach.

beachgal 06-22-2009 10:23 AM

:welcome3: Jen!

I, too, had trouble sticking to a diet, but this one worked for me. I think it's because it's so flexible and easy to work with. :shrug: Glad to have you with us--check out the updated lists of "Foods to Enjoy" and avoid in the FAQ if the book you picked up is the original from '03 (ish). Things have changed since then.

jenalberson 06-22-2009 12:25 PM

Thanks for the welcome, everyone!

I am no longer nursing... I had the MOST terrible time with it with my son and now had the same problems again with my daughter. She still nurses a little for comfort but is fed pretty much exclusively by soy formula now, at least until the supply is completely gone. (I'm STILL going to give it another shot next time...)

I am going to a family reunion full of barbeque and caramel cake this weekend so I decided to wait until I get back to officially begin. So my "start day" is one week from today. In the meantime, I am trying to gather some recipes to get me going. Being married to a chef, I'm sure it's obvious that I'm sort of a "foodie". (My husband hates that term... lol) That's the main thing that drew me to this diet- it doesn't seem to be very depriving, at least after the first couple of weeks. I can still be creative and eat some of my favorite things.

Thanks again for the welcome, looking forward to getting started!
Jen