South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 06-20-2009, 03:58 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/222.5/165

Height: 5'7

Default As if it wasnt hard already

Tomorrow for Father's Day, my brother is coming over. No biggy, but my Mom is making Pasta, Bread, Brownies, & Muffins!!!! I have been making my sugar free jello, and I saw a recipe that includes Ricotta that I am going to try. A salad is not even close to take the edge off, lol! But I will manage.

junebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 05:05 PM   #2  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Don't just eat salad and feel deprived. You can have LOTS of yummy stuff. Bring a wonderful recipe to share. I'll never forget the Christmas I was assigned to bring green bean casserole. Instead, I brought roasted green beans with almonds. It was a huge success! MIL didn't even fuss.

Good Luck tomorrow. Have fun and stay strong!
Chelby29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 05:19 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

OR, you could cook up some spaghetti squash and have the pasta sauce over that. The black bean brownie recipe is pretty decadent, too, especially with a dollop of fat-free Cool Whip. If you are armed with substitutions for your favorite foods, you'll be less tempted to cheat.

My DH wants lasagna tomorrow, so for myself, I'm going to roast up a pan of veggies and have them over ww pasta. For dessert, I'm making a FF strawberry yogurt pie with a FiberOne piecrust.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 07:29 PM   #4  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Mmmmm.....

Well here's the good news. My dad decided that he's FINALLY (after 60+ years) ready to take responsibility for his health and try to get his blood pressure down and let his liver breathe once in awhile. Getting on the scale after the last Key West trip did it, putting him at the heaviest he's been in a lot of years.

So, instead of baking him a cherry cheesecake (he wouldn't go for the SB version for sure!) or buying him a 30 pack of Old Style Light for tomorrow, I made a batch of the Peppered Pecans. The recipe calls for 3 cups of pecans, and coincidentally, 3 cups of pecans fit perfectly in a mason jar.

I might've snuck a few..... so the jar isn't QUITE filled to the brim, but it's close. I figured this was a nice, healthy, tasty snack for him. The hard part is waiting until tomorrow.... my whole house smells like them and I keep wanting to EAT THEM!!!! I used the last of the pecans, too, so I can't make anymore. Oy!
weezle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 07:51 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 156/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by junebaby View Post
But I will manage.

You most definitely will manage! I know it's really tough to be around good homemade food, especially when everyone else around you is enoying it. My sister makes amazing cupcakes and cakes for every occasion, but in the past 2 months (which is when I decided to change my lifestyle), I haven't had a single bite of any of them, even when my whole family is enjoying them at parties. That's a little more strict than a lot of other people, but I can't just have a bite, and honestly, I don't even want to! Those are the exact foods that got me to my highest weight and my unhappiest times. And that cake is not the last cake you'll ever have the chance to eat. You have the rest of your life to make choices about eating or not eating cakes/cupcakes/cookies/etc, which makes it so much easier to just say no now and really focus on getting to where you want to be.

Hope that didn't come off as preachy! Just wanted to share a few of my thoughts Have a good father's day with your family!
TakingCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 09:09 PM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi Junebaby

You'll do just fine, because you are planning ahead and setting yourself up for success. Yesterday, I was driving and planning what I was going to have for lunch.(we were going out) On the way we drove by a restaurant where I had attended a birthday party while on P1. It felt so good, and seemed like not such a big deal, in retrospect, knowing I didn't cave in and was still OP a month later.

Since it will be at your house, you have alot more control than if you were somewhere else. Be strong it is so worth it in the end.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote