Thundering Thursday Thoughts

• Woke to boomers this morning followed by the sound of barking as my fierce guard dogs protected me. They aren't afraid of thunder but object to the noise.

This morning will be work around the house day. Donna came and cleaned yesterday but I may strip the wax off the back room floor. I can't kneel because of the knee but can scoot around on my low stool. This afternoon I need to go back to Brockville to do the bathtub selection thing. The salesman/owner wasn't there yesterday although I did get my estimate. (I guess I should have made an appointment.) The work won't be scheduled until late July which suits me fine as enough is going on around here between now and then.

What's happening in your piece of the world
  • I'm just sitting down to my huge mug of coffee now. Our power went out just as I finished showering, then I had to go around resetting the clocks and the phones.

Another rainy day is on tap, so the girls and I are going to the movies to see UP. It will be a long day, I have to be there by 8 this morning and I have no idea what time I'll be able to come home again. Oh, well. At least Jake will have a hot dinner, as I'm making that now.

Debbie, we never got around to making the totes. We ran errands in the morning and both girls had friends come over in the afternoon. But we have that on the agenda for one day soon.
  • Good morning It's a gray, rainy morning starting a series of the same. Good thing I picked up an extra pound of Red Eye Express yesterday!

Ruth - Good thing the dogs are protecting you from the thunder . You might have slept through it without their help I was admiring your ticker - you are solidly in onederland

Cottage - The power going out when I'm in the shower is one the more annoying things. Since you're back online I assume it was a blip? I am so looking forward to seeing Up, need to do that soon!

I'm doing the WFH thing today, sort of. I have a meeting this morning but it's 2 miles from my house, so out but not in the office. Then I'm home for a conference call this afternoon. I'll end the day at the pub up the road with my work buds. In-between I will be rich with greens because it's CSA day! Such excitement

I had a better food day yesterday and resisted the remaining rhubarb crisp which shared the office with me all day. Still went off the rails a bit before dinner but overall stayed on plan and within my calorie limits. Today's challenge will be exercise indoors. I hate using the machines in the summer because I just want to be outside but I'm also wimpy about rain. If we get a break I'm going to walk to the pub since bff is the dd tonight. It's nice to have a pub within walking distance for so many reasons

It's my Friday so I'm working on my To Do weekend list. Looks like it will be all indoors so serious spring cleaning is on top of the list.

How is your day shaping up?
  • Morning chickies!!

Ruth - lucky you, they saved you!! I must admit, I'm getting pretty bad dog urges lately. I was online the past couple nights on petfinder.com, and golden rescue sites. Of course, we're always getting strays through our place too, I need to be patient!

Cottage - I heard UP is really good!! I'm hoping to take the kids to see that while it's still in the theaters, the 3D would be fun!! Let us know how you like it!

Cyndi - I'm a little envious of the 3 day weekend right now!! I have 3 days left til my weekend . Good job on the self control yesterday, I was not so good .

Me - Granny did great in surgery yesterday!! Hopefully, she'll have no post op problems and start feeling better. Thanks for everyone's thoughts and prayers. Next goal: DH to get home safely for closing tomorrow!!

Today is a lonnnnnngggg day for me, and my schedule is packed. I can't wait til it's over. Before I know it, it'll be Saturday at 3 pm (when my weekend starts) !

Have a great day!
  • Good Morning!

Ruth -- Your doggies are funny! My MIL used to have a chihuahua who would let her know when the AC clicked on and off. Sheesh!

Cottage -- Let me know how the girls like UP. I want to take Auston.

Cyndi -- Spring cleaning NEVER makes it to the top of my list.

Twynn -- I'm glad Granny is doing well.

Me -- The JazzerBarbie meeting went well last night. I really do like those people. I got some good ideas for growing my business. And, the bottom line is, it would be easier to grow my business if I looked 'the part' more. I need to double my weightloss efforts.

I need to leave the house in about 45 minutes. Auston is still in bed, and I'm sitting here in my jammies. Better kick it into gear!
  • Good morning everyone,

Ruth- glad that Donna made it yesterday, that is funny about your doggies.

Cottage- I already took DD2 to see UP, I really liked it and so did she. I won't say anything else so as not to spoil it.

Cyndi- Have a good day my wfh is tomorrow and I can't wait. Have fun at the Pub.

Tywnn- Hope your day goes by quickly for you.

As for me- I am exhausted the play DD2 is in is wearing me out and I am not even in it. LOL. They are all getting exicted as showtime starts next week. It does look good though. So that basically consists of days lately- work and play rehearsals.

ETA- Hi Chelby we were posting at same time- Glad your meeting went well last night.
    Have a good day everyone
  • Good Morning
    Ruth, thanks for the cute call to coffee. I've had my 2 cups. Thunder causes quite a commotion at our house, too. I think stripping your floor sounds like a REAL chore.

Cottage, have lots of fun at the movies!
    Cyndi, Yea! Yea! CSA!
    Twynn, glad to hear about Granny. What time is your closing? This will probably be an unbearably long day...then waiting to move.

Chelby, I think you "look the part" just fine. I know people see that you love what you do, and that is so important.

PearlRose, I'll bet the play is fun, but I hope you get a little rest!
    Me, I need to get rolling! to . I'm knitting with the "church ladies" this afternoon. Ahh..a moment to sit. The goodies are definitely! DD is back after going through tornado weather in Nebr and Colo. She put a pretty incredible video on FB sirens and all! So, we will probably drive and meet her halfway to turn over her darling Pug. My 2 will be glad to see him go. Strawberry Days this weekend so I'll have a full house soon. The amusement park is right on the corner this year so I can ride my bike to the ferris wheel whenever I want.
    Hi to all yet to visit. Thanks for your support! Not loosing# right now, but I feel less flabby. I wonder how long it takes the accumulation of sugar and white flour to exit ones' body?
  • Lexxiss, I had a Weight Watchers leader say that when you were losing weight, the first several pounds were water; the next few pounds were oil; the last pounds were pure, hard lard, and hard to lose! You are over half way to your goal, and well into the 'lard' category.
  • Good morning, everyone! Quick check-in as I need to get to work. The extra hours start now! I was here until 6:30 last night and will work through lunch today and tomorrow with the hopes of avoiding working on the weekend! Next week we have hearings, so we'll be here until 7 most nights. At least it's almost over!!!
  • Great graphic, Ruth! Love those PJs!

I had a student waiting for me when I got here today. She's trying to do a super-high-tech paper for her class, due today, and she literally doesnt know how to use a mouse. It's been quite the exercise in frustration. I'm glad to help her, but it's hard work. Anyways, no time for personals, but wanted to pop in and say, "Hi!"
  • Chelby, bulllllllllll honkey! You totally look the part! I would much rather have you for an instructor than some brainless, emaciated Barbie doll!

Just popping in right quick. Enjoying some green tea, just had a snack (cheese stick and whole wheat crackers) and am letting my toenails dry before I take a shower. I have another interview today and some testing. Wish me luck and say a prayer!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Lisa
  • Laurie, Many years ago, I had a boss who was in his 60s. He didn't know how to use a computer, but wanted to know. Giving him 'mouse lessons' was hard work! I finally grabbed the mouse, squeezed it tight in my hand and shook it, saying, "This is NOT an egg. It's a potato! You can't hurt it!"
  • Lisa, Thanks for the encouragement! BTW, I got 'dries in 60 seconds' nail polish. It's great!
  • cottage - UP was incredible! I begged my bf to take me for my birthday and was made fun of horribly after it, because of how many times I cried during the movie. Pixar really knows how to pull at the heartstrings. Sheesh.

I finally have a day off today after a 11 day stretch at work and got to catch up on some nonsense, I found this:

icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/funny-pictures-cat-has-a-flat-stomach.jpg

(Sorry, still a n00b.. so no links)

It made me giggle so I thought I'd share (if only it were that easy..*sigh*). Have a great day everybody!